Sea World's Sea Viper closes after 32 years

Parkz News

• 1 month later...

^Thanks for those photos.

I am starting to think we may see something start to be built on this land this year. Maybe it could be a part of the Creatures of the Deep attraction. You can see that some fencing has been taken down and construction screens are in its place. And there is the what appears to be some gravelled area to the left, so maybe something will be put on there.

Please don't say it will be the area for Creatures from the deep or any other animal attraction.

As said before, I'd love to see a major thrill ride in SV's place, maybe a Mack launch coaster. An animal attraction cannot replace a coaster that was iconic to the park.

Imo Creatures from the deep will be temporary like Dinosaur Island.

Please don't say it will be the area for Creatures from the deep or any other animal attraction.

As said before, I'd love to see a major thrill ride in SV's place, maybe a Mack launch coaster. An animal attraction cannot replace a coaster that was iconic to the park.

Imo Creatures from the deep will be temporary like Dinosaur Island.

The CotD attraction isn't going where SV was. It is headed for where the Dinosaurs used to be. Two separate spots...

or.. we would like to see a Wooden Coaster instead of a launch coaster.

A woodie would be a great look on a 'seaside pier' type park, but you need height, and space... and a woodie would probably need more than SW can offer.

• 5 weeks later...

Somehow don't believe VRTP share their highly guarded future development plans with the dancers.

Well, to be fair, they DO occasionally release open memos to all employees regarding new & upcoming attractions and developments. There was TMNT, Affinity dolphin show, Creatures of the Deep and a new kiddy coaster & play area confirmed on the one I read on the staff billboard during my time there over the Xmas holidays.

So they do share such news and info with their staff in advance, even if they don't always make it clear where these attractions will be placed in the park.

Understand what you are saying OceanGirl, and no doubt information trickles to frontline staff either formally or informally through management or techs etc.

But strategic direction (we're not going to develop this parcel of land for x amount of time etc) would probably not be the type of info relevant to frontline staff.