Australian ride deaths/accidents

R2GFifa

Ah you are right. I'd always thought it was a road train since they went to the effort of actually removing the track, never knew it was there.

http://cdn.parkz.com.au/cache/photo/pin/artwork/2009/04/0401-128_Little-Puff_Little%20Puff.jpg

http://cdn.parkz.com.au/cache/photo/pin/general/2009/04/0401-128_Little-Puff-ou_IMGP0239.JPG

Have a read around the other topics guys, I posted about this recently. You're right, mid 90'S it happened around the rocky hollow bridge where the track switch is located

MickeyD my recollection of the train accident was:

A train maintenance worker was reversing a train back into the shed when the trains collided.

If I remember correctly it was not a train engine that was being used by the engineer on track but a maintenance buggy that could move the carriages around.

From what I also remember from back in those days was the work on the trains was not completed by Dreamworld but by volunteers from a QLD train club.

• 2 years later...
On 20/7/2014 at 7:24 PM, Gary86 said:

The only deaths I heard about in an Australian theme park is some Asians once fell out of the Kodak Skylink Chairlift and died also once a freak storm went through Dreamworld and knocked tree branches onto the chairlift. No one died but it was very hard to get everyone off. It never opened again after that. The Kodak Skylink Chairlift was the scariest ride in the park and very unsafe. I'm glad it closed. They should replace it with a system like at Sea World eher it can stop at the stations.

Myself, my husband and 2 friends were there the day the tourist lady and the attendant fell off the back of the chair lift. We were the next in the line to go onto the ride. No-one died this day never the less I will never forget this terrible accident. The attendant was the only staff member on duty at the time with no back up, she was a very young girl. The Tourist and her mother panicked as they were getting onto the ride. The mother managed to NOT to get onto the ride, the poor attendant was trying to tell the tourist (daughter) not panic and just sit still. She then tried to stop the chair from leaving the plat form by holding the back of the chair. Before you knew it the chair had gone off the end of the platform with the attendant hanging on the back. There was no other staff in sight or on the platform. My husband, myself and our 2 friends were the only people there at the time that could speak good English. We ran to the control panel and pressed the stop button then we got onto the phone and contacted the Dream World Staff. While I was on the phone attached to the control panel contacting staff, my husband was trying to encourage the attendant to try and lift her leg up onto the bar so she could hold on longer.  We also witnessed the attendant fall the tourist lady had fainted and before you knew it she slid down under the rail and also fell to the ground.  I believe there could have been a much better outcome this day if there were 2 attendants on duty and there was a reverse button on this end of the chair lift. Apparently the lift needed to be reset from the other end to enable it to reverse back wards. To this day I often wonder how these 2 ladies are and wish that we could helped out more.

On 02/09/2014 at 3:06 PM, JeffreyMoore said:

little puff was removed to make way for the tower of terror station and creature cruze ride

What is creature Cruze?

On 24/07/2014 at 11:32 PM, Bussy said:

There were numerous non-fatal accidents at Wonderland.

The teenage boy who nearly de-gloved his fingers on The Beastie (brushes were installed just before the platform of both Beastie and Bush Beast as a result).

A teenage girl with a suspected spinal injury (thankfully she was OK) after stepping out of the speed slide trough and slipping and hitting her neck on the edge of the slide.

Heaps of other injuries, nearly all as a result of guest error/stupidity.

The funniest, although he had no physical injuries, his ego would've been severely damaged, was when a male guest of a rather large build sat down in a dodgem car and promptly put the seatbelt on. How he managed to get it on around his chest is beyond me, but he was stuck for a little while before it was cut off.

"The Bus is now leaving for Accident Inlet, Queensland"

What do you mean by brushes?

31 minutes ago, razza1987 said:

What is creature Cruze?

It was a slow moving boat attraction that had some animatronic animals as well as a couple of live animals...  The boats were then removed and the "river" they went on was filled with concrete and it was a walkthrough attraction before being removed entirely...

Just now, MaxxTheMonster said:

It was a slow moving boat attraction that had some animatronic animals as well as a couple of live animals...  The boats were then removed and the "river" they went on was filled with concrete and it was a walkthrough attraction before being removed entirely...

Thank you for answering. I never heard of it before lol 

On 01/11/2016 at 3:51 PM, MaxxTheMonster said:

it later became what was known as kenny land witch had few little kids rides - like electric ride on cars etc

it was removed to make way for nick central