Sea World - Creatures from the Deep

Zanstabar

After this, they should start focusing on a Sea Viper replacement.

Think you may find VRTP is a bit more focused on one of its existing coasters currently rather than procuring a new one...

yes im sure thay would be and heres hopeing sea vipers replacement is something other then another rollercoaster

Edited by JeffreyMoore

hopeing not the gold coast already has to many rollercoasters time for something diffrent

SeaWorld has 2 coasters, neither of which are a traditional coaster type or have inversions. The park needs a quality coaster not only to draw crowds but keep the park relevant to teens/young adults.

You're comment is very generalised. I wouldn't say the coast has too many coasters at all. Potentially you could say that about MW but they are not down one, DW has too many flat rides & needs another coaster.

Yes a quality dark ride would be nice, but as re-animated said, I wouldn't be building one on that vacant parcel of land

To say Sea World shouldn't get a coaster because there are plenty on the coast is pretty laughable. Both of Sea World's coasters, while good in their own right, don't succed in being a signature coaster like Corkscrew was for most of its life. There was a longtime on the Gold Coast when Sea World boasted Corkscrew and Bermuda Triangle as its two signature rides. Debatably the Coast's best, if not most iconic coaster and best dark-ride. Now Jet Rescue and Storm Coaster are trying to do the same, except Storm fails in its execution in being a good coaster or a good dark ride. It's a good family ride but as a coaster it falls short and as a dark ride it falls short. Jet Rescue is a halfway point between family coaster and thrill machine, but it's not got what it takes to be a Gold Coast park's number one thrill machine.

Sea World needs a no holds barred adult coaster. The other two it's got cant do the job of carrying the park. While they're at it a smaller 'filler' ride couldn't hurt either. The park is seriously lacking substance at the moment, and the money being spent on Creatures of the Deep would be better spent on a flat ride.

Actually scrap that, the money would be better spent getting the Skyway and Monorail back up to a decent speed and capacity.

Edited by joz

Again though who cares what it looks like from Sea World Drive? No one ever drove past Disneyland and thought 'Well I can't see anything, let's go somewhere else' and frankly a fair portion of the people driving past Sea World are boaties, people staying at the resort or people taking their dog for a walk. You could make a case that being able to see the rides from across the Broadwater is good advertising, but on Sea World drive?

Again though who cares what it looks like from Sea World Drive? No one ever drove past Disneyland and thought 'Well I can't see anything, let's go somewhere else' and frankly a fair portion of the people driving past Sea World are boaties, people staying at the resort or people taking their dog for a walk. You could make a case that being able to see the rides from across the Broadwater is good advertising, but on Sea World drive?

No I was meaning when he said you wouldn't want to stick a building on there because it wouldn't attract visitors like a coaster would, BT was a building but had external theming. I just worded it very poorly.

Oooh my apologies I totally misunderstood. But yeah, I think iwerks is right. Design a themed land with a good mix of attractions and open it one ride at a time. I don't think it'd be hard to come up with something good, wether it's Atlantis, and old Sea Port or a to Myths and legends of the sea or a sea side amusement park, there are a ton of good options. As limiting as the theme of the park is it also helps focus on what sort of themed areas you should be building.

I think you've raised a good point there when it comes to budgets on old attractions verses new.

Back in the early days most of the Village rides were kind of backyard jobs which meant they couldn't get a lot for their dollar but they were a bit on the backyard side.

These days the parks are using top name international suppliers and with that pedigree also comes a price tag.