2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

In a year that is set to be full of new kids attractions at the Gold Coast theme parks, Dreamworld have today announced a new partnership with ABC Kids that will build on the existing Wiggles World to create a whole new area for preschool kids.

Dreamworld today unveiled plans for the all new ABC Kids World, a new area that builds upon their decade-long affiliation with children's entertainers The Wiggles to also add complementary ABC Kids concepts.

The new area will retain much of the existing Wiggles World and introduce complementary brands and characters such as Jimmy Giggle, Hoot and Hottabelle, Play School, Bananas in Pyjamas and more.

Craig Davidson, CEO of Dreamworld said: "Dreamworld is an iconic trusted brand within the Australian community, as is the ABC Kids brand. We offer a great opportunity in this new partnership globally through our strong presence internationally both as Children's content and a major tourist destination, the perfect partnership.

"With ABC Kids World we are offering even more worlds for families, extending on our success with Wiggles World as well as Dreamworld's existing attractions of DreamWorks Experience, legendary family and thrill rides, animals, and water slides."

The Wiggles forged their first theme park affiliation with Dreamworld back in 2005 with the opening of Wiggles World. The gloablly succesful group went on to lauch similar areas at Six Flags parks across the USA from 2007 to 2010.

Dreamworld was also previously partnered with Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. at Nickelodeon Central from 2002-2011. The rights to Nickelodeon are now held by Sea World, who are currently replacing their entire children's area with a new section that is expected to include Nickelodeon characters and properties.

ABC Kids World is expected open this June. Sea World's new kids' area is expected to open in late 2015.

Dreamworld will soon be announcing major new plans for an immersive motor-sport experience expected to be a V8 Supercars attraction as well as a new dining venue to open this summer.

Opening next month? So guessing that won't be with new attractions, just a re-branding of some of the existing rides & introduction of Extra characters. Seems strange to me given the popularity of the wiggles concept to re-brand any of it. Additional rides & attractions themed to ABC properties would be great though

Launched Wooden Bolliger & Mabillard Flying Dive Machine themed to Play School confirmed?

In all seriousness, I think this will be a great expansion of that toddler area of the park. I'm just a bit confused on one thing; Will some of the Wiggles branding be staying in the park? Or will this now become exclusively ABC?

Wiggles are an ABC property. DW had put out a full release now. One new ride coming themed to Giggle & Hoot, and the pirate ship also re-themed. A bananas in pyjamas kids maze also. And all characters in park.

DW was already light years ahead of the other parks on kids attractions, this will only widen the gap.

Look - as an adult - i find BRC cringeworthy - but i'm not the target market. I'm sure that any wiggles-aged kid who goes on that enjoys nothing more than singing along to their favourite tunes whilst being immersed in the 'wiggles house'... and i'm sure the parents of said kid will:

1. love the smile it puts on the child's face - especially considering the littlies can't ride much else outside of that area
  2. probably buy the on ride photo of little johnny in the big red car - having a positive influence on revenue and per cap spend.
  3. enjoy the opportunity to sit down in air conditioned comfort for a few minutes during a wild day at dreamworld, whilst the rugrat is thoroughly occupied and entertained.

I like the news that their going with some additions, and some rethemes - the maze sounds like a nice little addition and a new ride will round out the area nicely. More opportunities for costumed characters too (in that the main focus for the wiggles are face characters who can't really be played by anyone else) so B1 and B2 can make some appearances as well...

I mean seriously - Dorothy, Wags and (to a degree) Captain Feathersword aren't really the characters the kids flock to (ok maybe Dorothy a little bit!)... but costumed characters are far easier to pull off.

Thanks to the mod who changed the topic heading - that was quick!~

Just saw this on the Dreamworld website...

Go on a mini adventure with in a Giggle and Hoot inspired area. YARRR! Play on the Giggle and Hoot Pirate Ship, try the new Giggle and Hoot Hop and Hoot ride and mingle with Hoot and Hootabelle before he heads out on the Night Watch and she flies through the night sky to Twinklify the stars.

It's a wiggly wonderful time at ABC KIDS WORLD where the family can all ride The Big Red Car, Dorothy's Teacup ride and The Big Red Boat, with special guest appearances by Dorothy the Dinosaur, Henry the Octopus, Wags the Dog and Captain Feathersword.

And at ABC KIDS WORLD, pre-schoolers will enjoy making their way through the Bananas in Pyjamas Fun Maze as well as meeting the famous residents of Cuddlestown themselves – B1 and B2!

So it looks like the Big Red Boat is being changed to the Giggle & Hoot Pirate Ship, the Hop and Hoot sounds like a Frog Hopper, most of the Wiggles ride are staying and we'll get a Bananas in Pyjamas maze. Seems like a nice lineup for some of the younger guests.

I've got a child in the Wiggles target age group, so I have been on it numerous times. I find the audio/movement regularly seems to be out of sync, and the moving props really dated and uninspiring. For the amount of money the Wiggles brand is worth, I just find the whole experience really underwhelming. The concept of it is excellent, it's the execution I have the problem with.