2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

Hollywood Stunt Driver nearly had a Hot Wheels theme, so I'd say they've been actively pushing to get the brand into the parks. 

Really though, the name can hang, what'll make or break it is the new train.  Do we know who is even supplying them?

I guess something like Intamin, if they make trains on their own since their restraints certainly resemble that of the "racing harnesses"

intimidator-train-kings-dominion.jpg

Its a big shame, it would have been god awesome if DW decided to get lap bars instead of OTSRs, that way no-one would have to bother with headbanging.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

Hot Wheels I think is pretty good as a theme. Yes it's a kids toy, but it's also 'cars' lots of adults and teens love cars, I'm sure they would have had Hot Wheels as kids anyway. Plus most Hot Wheels play sets have loops so that suits the coaster also. 

As for the name. It's a name you'll remember, it's fine.

ummm... That's an orange playset. They also have green, purple, red, black, every colour playset.

the theme of hot wheels however is, as I described, yellow and red on a blue base. Google Hot Wheels and see what comes up. 

Hot wheels is famous for its trademark orange tracks, especially the looping track. It's almost a guarantee that the Cyclone's track will be repainted orange.

the Grid Burgers and Sports Bar  

Alcoholics and Joz's rejoice!

^ I like the idea of using hot wheels but the "Hot Lap" name I didn't like

Given they're theming to "motorsport" - Hot Lap is what gives them the tie-in, as you can buy a redballoon type experience which offers a hot lap in a v8 supercar. (v8-experiences.redballoon.com.au/‎) - and V8SC also offer those experiences to a few on actual race days as filler between major events on track. Many other companies offer hot lap experiences also - (www.hot-laps.com.au/‎)

So now they have a major branding partner, as well as a tie-in to the overall motorsport theme. (Nobody mention the unnamed yellow coaster out by the river) The Hot Wheels theme allows them to be a bit more 'whimsical' with their theming, and race fans won't be able to pick it to pieces and criticise the fact that their 'motorsport' ride has inversions - because hot wheels DO inversions.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Alcoholics and Joz's rejoice!

Given they're theming to "motorsport" - Hot Lap is what gives them the tie-in, as you can buy a redballoon type experience which offers a hot lap in a v8 supercar. (v8-experiences.redballoon.com.au/‎) - and V8SC also offer those experiences to a few on actual race days as filler between major events on track. Many other companies offer hot lap experiences also - (www.hot-laps.com.au/‎)

So now they have a major branding partner, as well as a tie-in to the overall motorsport theme. (Nobody mention the unnamed yellow coaster out by the river) The Hot Wheels theme allows them to be a bit more 'whimsical' with their theming, and race fans won't be able to pick it to pieces and criticise the fact that their 'motorsport' ride has inversions - because hot wheels DO inversions.

Makes perfect sense to me.

A hot lap is also what cars do after their out lap in qualifying. 

Most car races do have inversions, followed by a nice ambulance ride to the local hospital  :P

Alex makes a good point. What racing cars do large drops and loops? Hot Wheels is one of the only logical answer.

Actually - bathurst has large drops... and there have been the occasional loops...

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/external?url=http%3A%2F%2Fvideomam.news.com.au.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fgenerated%2Fprod%2F10%2F10%2F2015%2F162671%2Fimage1024x768.jpg%3Fcount%3D1&width=650&api_key=kq7wnrk4eun47vz9c5xuj3mc

I don't think anyone wants to be given images of crashes before boarding a coaster.

#TheSmiler

This may sound insane, but I think sometimes a tasteful presentation of crashes before boarding could build tension and hype before a ride. Think videos of crash test dummies coping a beating. Oblivion at Alton Towers does that to some degree, and it could easily be added to the Tower Of Terror.

In saying that, I don't think Hot Lap is the place for anxiety and tension.

Do we have any clue what is going to happen to the queue? Will we finally see it return to the interior of the building? Will there be some form of theming? Will we actually see the other side of the station open up?

Edited by Zanstabar

If they keep the original Cyclone queue building/structure, I can totally see it being converted to look like a pile of tyres, or something of the sort. 

That said, I do hope they ditch the spiral queue path. So annoying.  Most people were resorting to using the emergency stairs on the side of the building to go up/down in Cyclone's later days because nobody could be bothered walking it anymore.