2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

13 hours ago, Zanstabar said:

Those trains look really dissapointing. It just looks like a quick wrap over the old trains, which already weren't all that nice.

Wont be just a "wrap" onto the existing train, as there were reported sightings earlier that the coasters original train was sitting out in the bolt graveyard whilst the new train was in the station. The design of the carriages also looks different compared to the original cars. 

Edited by T-bone

2 hours ago, T-bone said:

Wont be just a "wrap" onto the existing train, as there were reported sightings earlier that the coasters original train was sitting out in the bolt graveyard whilst the new train was in the station. The design of the carriages also looks different compared to the original cars. 

I think if DW bought all new trains, the carriages would be Vekoma, judging by the shape of them...

Either MK212's or the older MK1200 trains like the one below.

Di30jQx.jpg

These ones are MK212's:

73998-2012-neuheit-3d-videoprojektion-au

The photo of the new Cyclone trains:

12294776_996681473731111_489038285957425

am I the only one who thinks if Dreamworld rethemed the Cyclone to Mario Kart instead of Hot Wheels would be much better choice?  It would get a lot of Nintendo fans in Australia to purchase an annual pass, I'm really hoping to God that Dreamworld surpises us in 17 days time with this refurbishment..

Most gamers or Nintendo fan boys are not going to buy an annual pass because you re-name a roller coaster Mario Kart Circuit or the like. If there was classy and extensive theming then maybe, but if it was a mild paint job, you get what it appears we now have, a disappointing almost half-job and a lot of 'if only's'

4 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Most gamers or Nintendo fan boys are not going to buy an annual pass because you re-name a roller coaster Mario Kart Circuit or the like. If there was classy and extensive theming then maybe, but if it was a mild paint job, you get what it appears we now have, a disappointing almost half-job and a lot of 'if only's'

Reminds me of that Monster Hunter overlay for Goliath at SFMM. What was it? A replica monster, a tent, a caravan and a train wrap...

I really hope that's not what "Sidewinder" is going to end up as. That would be a huge disappointment in what has so far been a stellar improvement to the park.

8 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

am I the only one who thinks if Dreamworld rethemed the Cyclone to Mario Kart instead of Hot Wheels would be much better choice?  It would get a lot of Nintendo fans in Australia to purchase an annual pass, I'm really hoping to God that Dreamworld surpises us in 17 days time with this refurbishment..

The fact that Universal Studios owns the theme-park rights to Nintendo would make this impossible at the moment.

To derail this topic a bit.  A picture showing what’s going on between the Coomera train station and Dreamworld.

This image is taken heading along Foxwell road heading towards Coomera Waters.

Yes it’s a bit hard to read but I cached it off a video and I don’t know what I am doing.

Town.JPG.3e3fa8125ae29be2da944577e3d966d

Left                                                                             Right

Next to train station-                                              Next to Dreamworld-

Shopping Centre                                                       New entrance to Dreamworld

Movies                                                                       Retail

Pub                                                                            Restaurants

Fake beach                                                               Cafes

Industrial Park

Bulky goods retail.

Yep. The original town centre plans include a second entrance to DW being reconfigured to be opposite the town centre and surrounded by an entertainment and restaurant precinct. I didn't know that was going ahead in stage 1, but all the trees and land have now been cleared almost to the big brother compound from Foxwell Rd so it may be happening earlier than thought. 

An entrance on that side would finally see The Lagoon area cleared and developed, and give DW some sizeable room for a few new attractions 

39 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Yep. The original town centre plans include a second entrance to DW being reconfigured to be opposite the town centre and surrounded by an entertainment and restaurant precinct. I didn't know that was going ahead in stage 1, but all the trees and land have now been cleared almost to the big brother compound from Foxwell Rd so it may be happening earlier than thought. 

An entrance on that side would finally see The Lagoon area cleared and developed, and give DW some sizeable room for a few new attractions 

All trees being cleared is for the Exit 54 upgrade to help traffic flow better into Dreamworld and Coomera.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Projects/Name/C/Coomera-Exit-54-upgrade-Pacific-Motorway.aspx

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I don't know what the timeline is for any of the stages are either and it could just be some civil work going on that needs to be completed on the Dreamworld side of the road before the shopping centre can be plumbed in.  I did see on the news the other week that Westfield is currently spending a shit load of money on their shopping centres all over Queensland at the moment, so maybe they have decided just to bite the bullet and do it all at once.

I did see the concept plans for the development, on the Dreamworld side of the road but a lot can change between concept plans and BA plans.

Not so Ashley.

If you read Brad's post, he said trees getting cleared almost up to the old big brother house which is over 300 meters from the road.

If it was just for the new road they would not have to clear 300 meters of trees.

Edited by skeetafly

22 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

I think if DW bought all new trains, the carriages would be Vekoma, judging by the shape of them...

Either MK212's or the older MK1200 trains like the one below.

Di30jQx.jpg

These ones are MK212's:

73998-2012-neuheit-3d-videoprojektion-au

The photo of the new Cyclone trains:

12294776_996681473731111_489038285957425

They look like the newest gen Vekoma trains based on the nose and the side body parts that stick up.

In which case I'm happy because they run smoothly and the vest harness is quite comfortable.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

All trees being cleared is for the Exit 54 upgrade to help traffic flow better into Dreamworld and Coomera.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Projects/Name/C/Coomera-Exit-54-upgrade-Pacific-Motorway.aspx

That's completely wrong dude. Wrong trees & land. The exit to the motorway is nowhere near there at all. I live just around the corner, so an well aware of the associated road changes for the town centre. How you came to the conclusion of them clearing a few hectares a kilometre down Foxwell Rd is for the motorway astounds me

2 hours ago, skeetafly said:

I did see on the news the other week that Westfield is currently spending a shit load of money on their shopping centres all over Queensland at the moment, so maybe they have decided just to bite the bullet and do it all at once.

QIC have actually recently applied to alter the DA to a 2 stage development. Was originally all to be built in one go but not will be over 2 stages

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

QIC have actually recently applied to alter the DA to a 2 stage development. Was originally all to be built in one go but not will be over 2 stages

I haven't been following it that much in the last 2 years to be honest.  After following what was going on for the first 10 years and nothing ever happened I thought it might never go ahead.

Went to Dreamworld this afternoon; First of all, my phone was not working, and the photos weren't saving, which is super convenient, I've taken over 750 photos (on the phone), but it decided not to work the one day I went there almost solely for taking photos of the park for this website.

The Hot Wheels train, wasn't visible, except for the "side body parts that stick up." The side parts have the checkered flag on them, or that's what it looked like. I couldn't see much inside the station, the Containers for loose items appear to be orange milk cartoon things, I attached an image of one below, because I have no idea what they're actually called.

566a827dc87fc_thesethings.jpg.09133af6de

The V8 Redline building appeared to be gutted, and the F&B Outlet looks pretty nice, much better looking than the Snack Attack that occupied the building before. They realised that it'd be closed most of the time and painted the roller doors, painted with "No Parking."

There is also some other work happening in Ocean Parade, must be piping or something leading up to the edge of the old Stingray ride's concrete circle.

The Entrance of the Motorsport Museum looks to be right at the F&B Outlet, and looks alright, even though it's not done yet.

Can someone tell me where Carpark B is located? and could anyone here post a map that shows exactly how much land Dreamworld owns?

Tower of Terror overshot the station (or I assume that's what happened, unless you need a winch for some other reason)... unfortunately, I was not on the ride when that happened.

Again, sorry for not being able to get photos. Most of you probably already know everything I covered, but oh well.

Edited by ThemeTendo
Removed Extra Unnecessary Image