Gold Coast almost got Disneyland.

New display name

It would be in Sydney or Perth if they did, probably Sydney for the population.

Gold Coast already has its fair share of theme parks and I doubt Disney would want to enter such an already well-served market.

Oh believe me, I'm pretty certain Disney would get a park in the Gold Coast. All those people already visiting parks there? A plentiful supply of customers ripe for the picking, 'cos let's face it - it's Disney! Why have people umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether they should go on a theme park trip to Gold Coast or a Disney location, essentially splitting their customers into two groups, when Disney (and the existing Gold Coast parks - having a Disney park there could boost their attendance too) could just feast on both together?

Whilst I don't think we'll see a Disney park in Australia, if we were too I don't think the existence of competition would stop them from considering the GC. 

Sadly, no, I don't think we'll see one either (though my family over there seem to be under the impression they eyed up the Avalon area of Melbourne a while back).

I think the presence of already-existing, successful parks (such as the ones in Gold Coast, as you say) would actually make them consider the area more - they'd have a market there already. And let's face it, if you were going to Gold Coast and there was a Disney park there as well, you'd want to go there too.

• 2 weeks later...

A DVC property would work well... DVC already has a 'guaranteed market' as its very similar to the timeshare mob that everyone on here seems to detest. Plenty of people looking for a place to spend their points on a holiday... perhaps an Aulani style resort would be a foot on the ground that would help them drive tourism to the area and ultimately establish even a small park...

I'd love to see a Disney Resort here however I do feel that the prices they charge for Aulani are rather steep. We looked into going when it first opened & were shocked at the cost. You expect to pay more for Disney but this was just too much. I just revisited it again to see what was on offer. Even at 25% off & staying 4 nights in January ( 2016 ) its $2185 AUD for a family of four. The resort looks amazing but that's a serious sum for those few days. Then add meals, airfares, cars etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Also Tokyo Disneyland isn't run by Disney.

Also; Ew can you imagine if Village Roadshow ran Disneyland?  First step would be to take the throughtput that Disney achieves on its rides, then divide by 4.

Unless Disney is collaborating with Village Roadshow, and keeping a eye on what there doing with Disneyland.

The operating entity in most of the international parks is still a joint venture between Disney Parks and an entity that has no other business in the industry. VRTP is another business in the industry, so it's not going to happen.

Unless Disney is collaborating with Village Roadshow, and keeping a eye on what there doing with Disneyland.

That'd be like asking my accountant's 4 year old son to do my tax return, and me saying 'it's ok - he can do it - you just make sure you keep an eye on him while he does.'

So my accountant can't do the work he does, because he has to concentrate on supervising his son, and in the meantime his son is incapable of doing the job his father does, so he ends up just doodling all over it in Crayon.

VRTP would doodle all over Disney Operations in crayon because they wouldn't have the faintest idea how to manage a real crowd. It'd be belly up before the gates opened.

• 10 months later...