'World Best' Attraction coming to VRTP

Brad2912

25 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I'd say that's likely. May lead the 'glamping' idea that made up part of one of the Wild concepts

Good thought.  

Richard is there a way for me acknowledge what has been said without having to write something like Good Job?  I know I can like something but as per my current example, Brad can’t see that it was me acknowledging his response.  I have nothing really to add to Brad's post but I want him know I read what he posted and maybe even agreed with it.

Edited by skeetafly

37 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

Richard is there a way for me acknowledge what has been said without having to write something like Good Job?  I know I can like something but as per my current example, Brad can’t see that it was me acknowledging his response.  I have nothing really to add to Brad's post but I want him know I read what he posted and maybe even agreed with it.

It used to be an option in IPBoard: https://vimeo.com/20369319

Probably a setting buried somewhere.

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

The way the people who know what is going on are saying it will make you say "wow", to me that implies it's something we haven't seen before and actually want, rather than going "wow....they really went with THAT?!"

i meant more so an attraction in the new precinct or even an unrelated ride to the current proposals at some point in the future. 

Clearly the 'world class' attraction is not that. 

35 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

This is getting out of control now.

Hotel.thumb.JPG.3bc76362606709fbf6b512d0

Question - What is this carpark used for?  It's located next WNW and who owns it?

Carpark.thumb.JPG.beb3a1714f4e464d81717c

5660e18cd705b_Biggerpicture.thumb.JPG.9d

Not sure who owns it but I think it was an old Hungry Jacks and Petrol Station. It's not used since there are big concrete blocks at the entry.

I don't believe the land is owned by village but when I came across the new hotel approval, it rang baby bells in my head.

I remembered around 5 years ago a hotel was approved for the site I have shown.  I don’t for a minute believe this is what MW have planned but thought someone might be interested in seeing it.

Hotel2.thumb.JPG.b0f5a6fbb23c3ab8000efaa

@skeetafly Do you happen to have an idea about the likelihood that some of these applications going ahead?

As you can probably guess, I don't have any experience with these applications. I would love to see these be true, but at the same time it almost feels unrealistic and illogical. Could this really be too good to be true?

Edited by Zanstabar

On 1/12/2015, 10:16:24, Brad2912 said:

Interesting... MW doesn't even have a lake. 

They do have a fairly large dam though. It's also formed in the area that verges on to paradise country, as I always thought the notion of a hotel/resort was talked about being placed in this sort of area that borders kopps rd and the housing estate? Wonder if you can see the fire trails from sat images of the area.

There is quite a bit of changing terrain in the back, even the fall in height from the access road to the front of the park is pretty significant. You can see right across the top of both the park and studios very easily. Not sure you could really increase the height of the swap area out the front to any significant levels to form a lake as you would end up flooding more of the park before even thinking about large rain events. Ive seen that creek that runs down parallel with the park and kopps road overflowing before too. So there must be quite a large amount of water than can flow through the swap land, down into what basically ends up as the coomera river. A couple of years ago, that whole section was flooded right up to the power sub station opposite movie world. The service road was actually flooded, along with siganto drive on the other side of the highway.

Edited by Levithian

You can see the dam there. When you drive to paradise country you can see the wall on the left, it has been built up pretty high as the top is way above the road level. looks about the size of the larger studios from that image. That looks like a fairly well maintained trail coming of the car park at paradise country too. Can see the gravel surface sticking out through the trees.

• Richard locked and unlocked this topic