Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

to clear up the Zombie Evilution saga back a few pages ago, I got this response regarding to the attractions future via private message: 

"For now the answer is that it will stay a Scare attraction for Screamworld only while we decide the best future use for this space as we have a number of options on the table."

It's a shame the laser tag isn't returning any longer,  really would have love to see the laser tag being rethemed to something like Splatoon, (would be a good theme for a laser tag IMO) will be interesting to see what plans they have for the space

4 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

"For now the answer is that it will stay a Scare attraction for Screamworld only while we decide the best future use for this space as we have a number of options on the table."

It's a shame the laser tag isn't returning any longer,  really would have love to see the laser tag being rethemed to something like Splatoon, (would be a good theme for a laser tag IMO) will be interesting to see what plans they have for the space

Could we be seeing the Sharknado live attraction coming to DW?

4 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

something to remeber as well, from the Shark Tank episode that had the Sharknado attraction shown, Sudden Impact Enterainment said they got Zombie's contract extended for another year so I'm taking a guess we won't be getting anything in there until 2018   

However that episode would have been filmed at the end of last year. Applications for Shark Tank season 2 where in August last year.

I read somewhere on Shark Tanks Facebook page someone asked how to apply to be on the show and the page said that filming was done at the end of last year for season 2 and they would have to wait for more info to come out for season 3. Anyway here is some images of TI construction for the great TTPSN. :) Looks like steel work is now full speed ahead and the stadium is starting to take shape.

13344528_1037805772967697_8373681263997202878_n.jpg

13419175_1037805826301025_5658320016848817574_n.jpg

13428600_1037805506301057_5627675420895344495_n.jpg

13335825_1037804599634481_468732947446348538_n.jpg

26 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

On what grounds? 

On the Shark Tank episode Sudden impact Entertainment who run ZE said that their contract with dreamworld had just been renewed for another year. But then again if they did film it at the end of last year. Which means dreamworld signed another year contract wouldn't work because ZE has not been open much this year because of the TI refurbishment and the Tiger Cub Kindy. But maybe their contract has changed and is now for a Sharknado unit to go to Dreamworld replacing ZE for one year after the TI has reopened. 

I did a little research and found some news articles that talks about the new shark that was joining in season 2. The article also says that filming was underway this article was from The Sydney Morning Herald. So filming did happen at the end of last year. Article link: http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/shark-tank-john-mcgrath-out-and-glen-richards-in-as-new-judge-20151103-gkpkh0.html

Channel Ten announced the change on Monday with filming currently under way for the second series of the show which features entrepreneurs pitching their business to the investors known as "sharks": Janine Allis, Andrew Banks, Steve Baxter, Naomi Simson and Dr Richards.

Date: 03 NOV 15

Regarding Sharknado, I already covered most of it in the post I created; but filming for season two would've been done sometime in late 2015, personally, I think it wouldn't make sense to film the episodes 5 to 6 months after applications closed, especially since we're talking the second season of a fairly popular tv show.

Anyway, the contract; ZE opened in September 2013, in the episode Lynton says that the contract has been 'running' for two years, (2015) and extended for an additional year, ending the contract September 2016 (or so, however, I'd say, like I did in the topic, that the attraction will close after the final Screamworld event for the year. (November 19)) - With SA (Sharknado Alive) opening in late March, ready for the 2017 April School Holidays.

I assume the episode would've been filmed late last year, therefore the third year would be this year. Considering the attraction was opened in 2013, 2 years of the contract would've ended it late last year :)

And for those who haven't seen the topic; it's here :) - Sharknado! Alive - Shark Tank proposal coming to Dreamworld

5 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

On the Shark Tank episode Sudden impact Entertainment who run ZE said that their contract with dreamworld had just been renewed for another year. But then again if they did film it at the end of last year. Which means dreamworld signed another year contract wouldn't work because ZE has not been open much this year because of the TI refurbishment and the Tiger Cub Kindy. But maybe their contract has changed and is now for a Sharknado unit to go to Dreamworld replacing ZE for one year after the TI has reopened. 

I did a little research and found some news articles that talks about the new shark that was joining in season 2. The article also says that filming was underway this article was from The Sydney Morning Herald. So filming did happen at the end of last year. Article link: http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/shark-tank-john-mcgrath-out-and-glen-richards-in-as-new-judge-20151103-gkpkh0.html

Most 'non-live' reality tv is filmed a long time in advance as the tone & direction of the shows are largely determined in post production. My Kitchen Rules has fully wrapped filming months before the first episode airs, same applies to Survivor, Top Chef, the list goes on. 

You also have to remember that whilst DW optioned a further 12 month deal, once they've paid for the licensing its their prerogative as to whether they use it, Sudden Impact have their money for the full period regardless. 

23 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Anyway here is some images of TI construction for the great TTPSN. :) Looks like steel work is now full speed ahead and the stadium is starting to take shape.

13344528_1037805772967697_8373681263997202878_n.jpg

13419175_1037805826301025_5658320016848817574_n.jpg

13428600_1037805506301057_5627675420895344495_n.jpg

13335825_1037804599634481_468732947446348538_n.jpg

What I said earlier in this page about construction being slow, will it be ready by the September holidays, I take it back. :D

Edited by Ashley

21 minutes ago, razza1987 said:
On 9 June 2016 at 5:23 PM, Tim Dasco said:

Anyway here is some images of TI construction for the great TTPSN. :) Looks like steel work is now full speed ahead and the stadium is starting to take shape.

What does TTPSN stand for? 

The Theme Park Social Network, 

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016