Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

I understand what it's doing but if they must have a second hydraulic locking system then I would prefer something like the Wipeout.  Putting something in front of your eyes makes you feel safe. The best thing about rides that can hang upside down is the feeling of dangling.  By giving you something to hold onto takes that feeling away. MW I want to dangle. Don’t take my dangle away.

Edited by skeetafly

I'm pretty sure that picture is of Pandemonium at Dryaton Manor, which is not an Intamin Model. From all I've seen of the Intamin Twin Hammer, it looks like we'll be getting OTSR's.

I feel like that bar on Pandemonium is redundant and quite bulky, but I think it would help some feel a bit more at ease with an inverted ride. I know that when I ride GL or Buzzsaw I feel quite uneasy with just a lap bar, yet I feel perfectly safe on a ride like the Wipeout, with its multitude of restraint systems.

Edited by Zanstabar

30 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It's all in your mind, the rides all have the same level of redundancies, just compromising different components.

my partner is the same, can't stand Buzzsaw as she feels like she's going to slip out, I love it for that very reason. Impending doom is the in thing...

See, I have a love/hate relationship with that feeling of impending doom.

I would probably describe my biggest fear as being a fear of falling, so the Giant Drop and the Aqualoop scare me the most and give me an intense feeling of impending doom, yet I feel perfectly safe (which is why I find myself riding them over and over again). Buzzsaw, on the other hand, I don't find enjoyable just because I don't feel safe in the slightest. 

From the looks of it, Doomsday isn't going to provide that feeling of impending doom. Whether that's good or bad is up to personal preference. 

Can't stand wipeout. I've been back 3 times, keep giving it another try in case it was just poor fitment of the restraints, but each time I could literally move around in my seat. Felt like I was sliding down, then having to use my legs to push myself back into place. Last time it freaked me out so much I had bruises from holding on. :(

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic