Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic
3 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

It could also be possible the co2 tanks are already mounted inside the frame under those vents. Or that the vents will simply be the outlets for ground-mounted tanks. 

I doubt the tanks would be in the structure - far easier to refill \ replace Co2 in a ground mount, run lines to where the outlets are.

Thanks TPG. This ring in my opinion is definitely going to add that extra touch to the ride. After seeing the ring on other versions of the ride, I thought it was going to be pointless for DD, but now I'm happy they are putting it in. The shop is looking really good now, particularly with the windows now in, and I love the effect they've added with brick crumbling away at the front. And with those small slabs at the exit of the ride, do people think maybe they will add a couple of figures of the super Villian's? Maybe that pipe will provide a water effect, or a light or movement element to the character?

Thanks @Theme Park Girl.  The last piece of the puzzle is what will go here?

Capture.PNG

@themagician I hate fake brickwork.  That fake brickwork is not much cheaper than the real thing.  Not to mention the maintenance cost.  The best thing about real brickwork is it doesn’t age.  I can understand going fake if it was just a façade or up high.  What do you think will happen to it when people start touching it?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

3 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Capture.PNG

@themagician I hate fake brickwork.  That fake brickwork is not much cheaper than the real thing.  Not to mention the maintenance cost.  The best think about real brickwork is it doesn’t age.  I can understand going fake if it was just a façade or up high.  What do you think will happen to it when people start touching it?

The thing is real brickwork probably isnt cheaper because the cost to import American size bricks to get the correct 'look' would be more than fibreglass of the same proportions.

I sourced bricks from ABC bricksales for a house I did on Mt Tamborine that was only 3mm different in size.

I main problem with this product is the cost to install it.  You have to F.C. the building before you can sheet it with fake bricks.  A bricklayer can finish a standard house in a week and these guys are still stuffing around with this.  I have seen this product on site before and have never seen it stick out this much before.   Normally you have to go up to it to tell if it’s fake but this looks all wrong.

How could they think they could put 2 different shades of bricks next to each other and it would look real.

I’ve seen better job with wall paper.

In saying that I do like the rest of the area.:)

Edited by YLFATEEKS

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

As for your picture puzzle Skeet - that bracket on the arm is pretty well in line with the ring. the artist's impression doesn't seem to show anything there, but i'm assuming something that will fit in with the Ring theme...?

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Capture.PNG

@themagician

Don't get too excited. I have good word that it's just a maintenance anchor point for the arm, to tether it and stop it from moving when they need to work on it ?

57 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Don't get too excited. I have good word that it's just a maintenance anchor point for the arm, to tether it and stop it from moving when they need to work on it ?

@Theme Park GirlWhy would you do that to me?  You could have kept me guessing for another week or 2.

Edited by YLFATEEKS