Silly little things that should be fixed

pushbutton

36 minutes ago, downunder196 said:

Nope, overtime I go to the parks I get tap water for free. Beats paying $4.80 for a bottle and you don't need to carry it around with you.

" The Liquor Regulation 2002 makes it mandatory for commercial hotel licensees, community club licensees, commercial other (bar) licensees, licensees catering to a commercial public event and any licensee who trades after 12 midnight to provide cold drinking water free of charge to any patron who requests it, at any time the premises is trading. All other licensees must make cold drinking water available either free of charge or at a reasonable cost to patrons when the premises is trading."

So - perhaps go looking for the new burger place?

Here's another one. A lot of times when I visit Movie World and to a lesser extent Dreamworld, the toilets are filthy. I mean filthy. Wet and muddy floors are the biggest thing I find wrong. I visit a lot in the afternoons, so whether this has anything to do with it.

I know it's very much based on timing, but can't they commit to more regular checkups?

I had audio on GL the other day (which I'm not used to) but then nothing on the AA lift hill.

4 minutes ago, ash.1111 said:

Here's another one. A lot of times when I visit Movie World and to a lesser extent Dreamworld, the toilets are filthy. I mean filthy. Wet and muddy floors are the biggest thing I find wrong. I visit a lot in the afternoons, so whether this has anything to do with it.

I know it's very much based on timing, but can't they commit to more regular checkups?

A few months back one of the urinals was overflowing on to the floor. Not a great look. But I'll stick my hand up and say I didn't report it to a staff member either.

I've had on board audio everytime I've ridden GL since it reopened it. And the toilets at MW are always filthy, and all of them are. Even after an hour in the morning, the floors are dirty and muddy. It might just be because they mop them and don't give them enough time to dry.

Most of the wall lights have been taken down, but the roof ones are always left uo, as said, sometimes there are private events that will use them.

1 minute ago, themagician said:

I've had on board audio everytime I've ridden GL since it reopened it. And the toilets at MW are always filthy, and all of them are. Even after an hour in the morning, the floors are dirty and muddy. It might just be because they mop them and don't give them enough time to dry.

That might be why. It seems the problem is the wetness of the floors, which I always thought was from the sinks.

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

Considering Dreamworld has a park-wide licensing, being charged for a cup of water anywhere at any point in recent history would almost certainly be against the law.

I didn't realise their licensing was park-wide. I was there yesterday and a guy got beer and got told he could only consume it around the corner inside the seating area of Brocks Garage. Assumed that meant limited licensing.

6 hours ago, Richard said:

Considering Dreamworld has a park-wide licensing, being charged for a cup of water anywhere at any point in recent history would almost certainly be against the law.

We weren't charged for the water...  We were charged for the cardboard cup it came in...  So technically...

Still not lawful if it was an outlet that sold alcohol, which almost all of the meal places did a few years ago, and most still do.

They may be trying to self-impose restrictions @downunder196, but the fact that the indoor seating area in the garage is a 50m+ stroll from the bar is a good indication that it's not a restriction of their license.

Not to delve too much into the legislation, but Dreamworld almost certainly holds a commercial special facility licence and would be required to provide water free of charge. I don't think the handful of water fountains hidden around the park would cut it given that by design they're nowhere near the venues that sell alcohol.

Also, Arkham's audio has been removed permanently from the ride as far as I am aware. Something about it not really adding much to the attraction (BS if you ask me, but whatever) and not being able to hear it very well over the lift hill (Also BS because Lethal / Arkham's lift hill is one of the quieter ones if you ask me). Green Lantern on the other hand since reopening i've ridden probably 20 or so times and only 1 of them didn't have the audio on it.

@Santa07 - it depends on what you're comparing it to.

For me, considering 'noisy lift hills' - My first thought goes to pretty much any old school wooden coaster with the constant clack clack clack of the chain dogs and other mechanical safeguards kicking in.

Compared to that, Arkham is quiet as a mouse.

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

Cept you can hear the lift motor all the way over at Outback Spectacular!

That's just it though - there is pretty much nothing between AA and AOS to block the sound, and it would carry across open ground fairly well. Most places 'in park' you can't even tell if it's running unless you can see it.

I didn't think I had anything for this thread, but having given it some thought, I came up with loads.  Here are two for each park:

Sea World

The bus stop should be moved to the road next to security so guests don't have to walk through the car park blocking the exits.  Also adding some trim back to the monorails.  Glad the wraps are gone, but looks a bit cheap to just leave it totally plain.

Movie World

The lights on the exterior of Scooby look crap during night events, so a way of turning them off safely/blocking the light would be awesome.  Also some new plaques around the fountain of fame would be nice.

Dreamworld

The bits of the chairlift that look like a chairlift should go.  Also the temporary fencing in the new car museum.  It's easily the least offensive use of temporary fencing in the parks, but still not massively a fan.