New article 'this is where Disneyland Australia might be built'

On 12/04/2016 at 9:01 AM, AlexB said:

Or Orlando, being one neither of us have been to, but certainly the biggest and most costly trip? or Hong Kong, a place that is special for us? Shanghai, being brand new? Tokyo, being reasonably close, and one of my wife's favourite countries she's always wanted to visit? Or Paris... because... well... if it's going to be our goal to do all of them we'll have to do Paris at some stage... :P

When I went to America to visit Disney in 2013 I looked at both Orlando and Anaheim. Orlando is actually much better value for money because due to their being Disney hotels everywhere you can get your food, accommodation and theme park tickets all inclusive in the one price. It was much more affordable and actually cost less than Anaheim. The only thing slightly more expensive was the flight 

8 minutes ago, downunder said:

I recall the article where Australia was very close to getting Disney, but Iger decided to go Hong Kong at the last minute. That one probably didn't work out as well as they hoped. But my gosh, Shanghai might pull a few in.

If Disney have been close before, then clearly they will have done their homework and thought that Australia would actually be a viable place. Especially if, as rumour suggests, they had been looking at land at the time and were reasonably close to signing a deal.

Yes unfortunately nobody does their own journalism these days - one shithole posts a rumor and then as it gets picked up by others it gets fiddled to 'make it their own' and through various iterations, you end up with certain things becoming fact - and next thing you know everyone's carrying on.

I can't help but laugh at the comments on the various facebook posts and news articles where everyone has a cry over whichever location appears in the article (i think the latest one was Coomera) and how it should be elsewhere (usually near where they themselves live).