Wild West Falls Refurbishment

dmh

Was just wondering if anyone can share a little bit more information of how the ghost town at the very top of wwf is looking now. Was wondering if any work had been done on the timber buildings up there, like if any repairs had been done, or bits added on, or painted.

I also recently watched on YouTube a video of the wwf ride called Rio Bravo at Movieworld, Madrid, and was wondering if they too, will upgrade their version of wwf ride. In the ghost town at the top of their version of the ride, there is grass along the sides, instead of a dirt like appearance.

Here is the YouTube address to a video of wwf ride, but named Rio Bravo, Movieworld, Madrid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_8MKJUllI&feature=youtu.be

20 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

There aren't any noticeable changes to the ghost town. At least not that I have noticed, anyway. I was under the impression that they just fixed the existing town up and re-weathered it.

It's mainly inside the mountain and the train crossing that the significant changes are.  

What about the Indian teepee area? From memory that was rotting away 

53 minutes ago, Meg said:

I also recently watched on YouTube a video of the wwf ride called Rio Bravo at Movieworld, Madrid, and was wondering if they too, will upgrade their version of wwf ride. In the ghost town at the top of their version of the ride, there is grass along the sides, instead of a dirt like appearance.

Here is the YouTube address to a video of wwf ride, but named Rio Bravo, Movieworld, Madrid.

What's interesting is if you look carefully at Wild West Falls, you'll see "Rio Bravo" signs all over it!

I assume the ride manufacturer put those on it, and perhaps intended for the ride to be called Rio Bravo.

Edited by pushbutton

17 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

What's interesting is if you look carefully at Wild West Falls, you'll see "Rio Bravo" signs all over it!

I assume the ride manufacturer put those on it, and perhaps intended for the ride to be called Rio Bravo.

I thought you'd been around long enough to know the history of it? 

It was going to be called Rio Bravo as per the movie of the same name, but it was changed to Wild Wild West before a licensing issue in 2001 changed it again to what it is now. 

Was wondering the last couple of years if they were going to replace the canvas for the Indian tee pee's. Looked a bit weathered, so some new canvas with painted Indian drawings in it would look nice and updated.

I wonder if Warner Bros Movieworld have read all of the comments in this discussion, because it helps them to get an idea from different people as to what the general public want for future add-on's to wwf.

I'm unsure if you are both are either being sarcastic or thinking I'm pointing out something obvious but I was only responding to this:

8 hours ago, Meg said:

I wonder if Warner Bros Movieworld have read all of the comments in this discussion, because it helps them to get an idea from different people as to what the general public want for future add-on's to wwf.

They look like a new member so I thought I'd let them know.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

On 23/09/2016 at 10:05 PM, pushbutton said:

It seems unlikely, both from the perspective that the two rides were built by different manufacturers, and theming is generally not provided by the manufacturer.

You're bang on there djrappa.

- Nothing more to the story other than the Wild Wild West Movie release at the time, they sighted it as a good opportunity to write in a Franchise that people would recognise.  Tbh, has anyone on here seen the movie Rio Bravo? Me neither...

Fortunately, they didn't go to the extra expense of adding any effects directly related to that film, given how poorly it did at the box office.

Back in the day I did however have the pleasure of sighting some original plans for the ride that didn't make it. One was a series of thunderous waterfalls that surrounded the boat with one cutting off just as you go through it.

Along the ride path there were plans for squirrels and other critters floating in barrels etc as well as the waterway of the ride spread around the circuit rather than just a mote. 

Cost was a major factor as to why a lot of this never happened, also when you consider how fast the boats trundle along out back, there really is little to no point as for the most part such expensive fx would largely go unnoticed. 

Can anyone confirm if the 'Bats flying out of the shaft' wind effect has returned? It should occur just as the boats enter the base of Lift2

Edited by MickeyD

They’ve really hit the mark with the WWF refurbishment, and the ride has returned to its former glory.

While initially it doesn’t appear to have changed too much (except for the pressure-hosing of the mountain of course) there are now lots of little details scattered around. Dynamite lies around every corner, tying the storyline back together. The last lift hill shaft was filled with signs and the final room now contains lighting that flashes to give the sense of an explosion.

For me, the best part was definitely the change of the train bridge, it looks very realistic and works a lot better now. I do agree with others on the explosion possibly coming a bit earlier to make it work better.

Overall a great refurbishment - the ride now is a lot more detailed and is just as fun as always.

Unfortunately the operations were quite poor yesterday, with many empty boats going through because people were too slow, or stoppages of the conveyor belt. There was actually a problem with the ride at one point while I was riding, with one of the boats had stopped half-way up the lift-hill and other boats were stacked all the way out to the front of the mine. Not sure if it was a breakdown or just a ride stoppage, the ride started up a few minutes after sitting there.

29 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Can anyone confirm if the 'Bats flying out of the shaft' wind effect has returned? It should occur just as the boats enter the base of Lift2

Funny...  Thought it was bullets whizzing overhead hence "I'm only gonna warn you once"...

Heading down shortly so will keep an eye out...

9 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Dynamite lies around every corner, tying the storyline back together.

But wasn't the story about the old sets from Western Movies past and the ghosts of these stories still roaming the sets?

2 minutes ago, Wyncenuros said:

But wasn't the story about the old sets from Western Movies past and the ghosts of these stories still roaming the sets?

Not sure, never got to experience it before the fire, but I mean every part of the ride now makes sense together. It feels less of 'here's one scene, now here's another one' and more of one larger movie.

Just got off this and have to admit the train section looks great...  TBH the rest is underwhelming...

First turntable ghosts showing default tv screen...  Falling rocks sitting still...  Explosion after going past already broken bridge is a wtf...  Smoke from Indian campfire not working...  Population sign does not swing for reveal...  Ghost falling into trough didn't work but could hear the sound...  Entrance to final climb looks great...  Yes air shooting is still there...  Ghost on lift stuttered the "Why you all still here" 3 times before playing properly...  Last room looks like they plastered it with signs and dynamite but nothing else...  Water not going on final drop...  Mountain looks nice and clean though...  Did notice the purchase drinks in rio bravo outfitters...  Also sign for village bean...

Couple of missed opportunities...  Falling rock sign in last climb...  Perhaps a collapsing roof like BT had would work here...  Warning bear spotted in this area sign after reverse sequence...  No bear anywhere...

I get it would have been a lot spent on the mechanical but theming could have been a bit more cohesive and issues already present before the refurb are still present...  Still a favourite though...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster
Corrected spelling, grammar and format from phone

12 hours ago, MickeyD said:

You're bang on there djrappa.

- Nothing more to the story other than the Wild Wild West Movie release at the time, they sighted it as a good opportunity to write in a Franchise that people would recognise.  Tbh, has anyone on here seen the movie Rio Bravo? Me neither...

Fortunately, they didn't go to the extra expense of adding any effects directly related to that film, given how poorly it did at the box office.

Back in the day I did however have the pleasure of sighting some original plans for the ride that didn't make it. One was a series of thunderous waterfalls that surrounded the boat with one cutting off just as you go through it.

Along the ride path there were plans for squirrels and other critters floating in barrels etc as well as the waterway of the ride spread around the circuit rather than just a mote. 

Cost was a major factor as to why a lot of this never happened, also when you consider how fast the boats trundle along out back, there really is little to no point as for the most part such expensive fx would largely go unnoticed. 

Rio Bravo was actually a really good western movie featuring John Wayne. Also  you used to be able to hear the widely quoted paraphrase dialogue from the 1948 film the treasure of the Sierra Madre, 

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

inside at the top of the mountain at the turntable, before going down backwards outside.

Could also hear the theme from How the West was Won as you drift through the ghost town.

Are various western movie themes still played at these two particular locations of the ride?

8 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Yeah the rocks, population, breaking balcony and water over the drop were all not working yesterday, but I'm sure it'll all be up and working in a few weeks. Also agree that the projections could've been touched up a bit. The miner in the last shaft is still hard to see clearly.

Was about to say the same thing, to me it appears that the maintenance of the ride is still not completely finished. A couple of the effects mentioned not working today, were working a couple of days ago (Indian village smoke, horse trough splash) so not sure what the go is there, maybe just teething issues? I'm sure they also are intending to get the hologram up and running.

I've also heard through the grapevine that apparently they have had problems with a water pump, and currently waiting for parts to come in. This may explain why the water on the final drop still isn't working.

It must be hard for them to get all this stuff finished when its school holidays atm. Chances are once they are over, they will be able to focus on fine tuning it all so its working to scratch again :)

1 hour ago, Meg said:

Jamberoo Fan - was your comment below aimed at me? If so, you shouldn't make false assumptions of people!

"They look like a new member so I thought I'd let them know." 

My apologies if I caused offence. When I said this...:

On 24/09/2016 at 6:03 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

Management of the Gold Coast theme parks are known to read these forums especially the General Manager of Warner Brothers. Movie World!

...I was only trying to be helpful. I saw you only made 5 posts at the time so I thought you were relatively new to Parkz. Even if you weren't a new member, I probably would have posted that anyway as from what you wrote here...:

On 24/09/2016 at 10:43 AM, Meg said:

...I thought you might not have known that Gold Coast theme park management look at the forums regularly.

In case you were thinking it, I also definitely did not think you were being sarcastic or thinking I'm pointing out something obvious.

Again, apologies if I offended you.