Dreamworld Q&A

On 22/06/2016 at 10:43 AM, The Original Belinda Brown said:

Contrary to popular belief, our industry is as supportive of each other as it is competitive. We all have interests in each other on a multitude of levels. Ideas, technology (not just rides but POS systems etc), tourism, of course some competition however all Theme parks strive to have a slice of the market appropriate to their style of park. We often talk and share.

7. No, as it would be seen to be commercial content for which we are not allowed to provide within this forum. Good rule, as I also would not have time :-) 

Could someone please tell me what POS systems stands for?

Chinese company that has started building parks and looking to expand internationally. They also own a lot of cinemas (amc in the USA, Hoyts locally). Here is an article I read last night and it will give you an idea as to what they are wanting to do when it comes to building parks.

http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20160807/32104/meet-wanda-group-disney-s-next-big-competition

Edited by pin142
fixing the links

• 2 weeks later...

correct me if I'm wrong, if you want to take photos and record on rides the only way to do it is to get a GoPro and get it secured by staff?

TPSN just posted some footage of the River Rapids which obviously looks like it wasn't done on a GoPro, The Theme Park Savage Network? 

Interesting it only says this which suggests it's ok to film on other rides including escape from Madagascar. Now that's likely not correct so they just need to update the site. 

Any video or photographic devices such as go-pros, digital cameras, mobile phones etc are not permitted on the Big 9 Thrill Rides. The exception is media and approved filming.

Edited by reanimated35

Shockwave has a loose items box at the start of the ride, which is your first indication that phones \ cameras etc wouldn't be permitted... but i think a go pro chesty wouldn't be an issue, and clearly based on @reanimated35's quote, as it isn't in the Big9, i don't think it would be a problem - but TBH if they allowed you to take your phone on board, it isn't really going to cause an injury to anyone if you dropped it, and its unlikely to get into machinery, so i'd like to think it'd be more a case of 'at your own risk'... although in some cases it would depend on the operator.

Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster.

Haven't been to Dreamworld since Eureka was still running. Have a question coming over from Perth with wife and 10 y.o son, was wondering if anyone know the prices for on ride photos for all the parks and if there is some kind of deal for multiple  photos? Thank you all.

> Dreamworld are planning on making some adjustments to their VIP tour. They started "high-end" and are now looking at ways to expand on that, so expect to see a Star Tour competitor coming soon-ish.

> The marketplace area will have "a food and beverage" outlet within that area. So that leaves a lot of room for lego related stuff.

looks like the handlers got sick and tired of people getting too close to the Cubs when not asked to do so when it came to the walks because there's sercutity coming out for the walks in afternoon with the handlers, it's kinda sad to see the situation has had come to this