Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

Wow those 'figure sets' look amazing, even more from what I'd seen. And the interactive elements so far sound great. And $15 for a band that can be used over an over again does sound reasonable. Especially with all that happens with each character. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

I also saw the tv ad that was filmed a couple of weeks back on tv today, and it showed off some of the figures and their effects too.

4 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

Park Map has been updated to feature the new area 

IMG_0117.JPG

It might be just be me but for the most themed area in Australia, does the park map make it not look very colourful?

Also, with the nitrogen tanker, is that fire drawn underneath it? Seems very unlikely due to WHS requirements but would that mean fire effects in that area despite it being themed to Captain Cold? Or is fire going to be drawn on the actual paving around the nitrogen tanker? (Again, unlikely due to the theme)

Anyone noticed how they removed the Chinatown entrance on the park map too?

5 hours ago, SuperBat_90 said:

I don't think going to the park everyday and uploading photos makes you an employee.. 

IMG_4305.PNG

When you refer to someone as "a fellow (worker/student/theme park enthusiast)' you are stating that you belong to the same group of people. So when he said 'speaking to a fellow worker' that indicates (if correct English was being used) that he too was working there. 

Edited by Brad2912

1 hour ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

It might be just be me but for the most themed area in Australia, does the park map make it not look very colourful?

Also, with the nitrogen tanker, is that fire drawn underneath it? Seems very unlikely due to WHS requirements but would that mean fire effects in that area despite it being themed to Captain Cold? Or is fire going to be drawn on the actual paving around the nitrogen tanker? (Again, unlikely due to the theme)

Anyone noticed how they removed the Chinatown entrance on the park map too?

Did they get the GM to update the map because the original artist wasn't available or something? What's with making Doomsday red? It makes no sense!

4 minutes ago, djrappa said:

It's a park map. I think this is all a bit overly dramatic for something that's gonna end up soggy and in a bin shortly after being handed out. 

Hey - don't short change the park map! As a kid I was obsessed with them. I remember when the internet first became a thing in the late 90's and the only thing I used it for was looking up overseas theme park websites and pouring over the park maps!

Just been a checked out some of the figures and the interaction with them is great and plenty of people were trying it out. They were having a couple of issues with the Joker and Harley Quinn set, but they were trying to fix it. The detailing for the characters is amazing. Great to see that they also painted all the side of the sound stage blue, and I hope they cover up the back of the bank with something that blends into the western area.

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

IMG_5725.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5712.JPG

IMG_5716.JPG

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5723.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5721.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

8 minutes ago, themagician said:

Just been a checked out some of the figures and the interaction with them is great and plenty of people were trying it out. They were having a couple of issues with the Joker and Harley Quinn set, but they were trying to fix it. The detailing for the characters is amazing. Great to see that they also painted all the side of the sound stage blue, and I hope they cover up the back of the bank with something that blends into the western area.

IMG_5721.JPG

Damn! That Scarecrow area is amazing. I was wondering how they were going to finish it off.

Poison Ivy was so beautifully done. Can't wait to see this in person in a few weeks 

Regarding the park map discussion, I know park maps are not perfect (I think Arkham Asylum's track layout is slightly incorrect for starters) but given we don't know all the effects of the DC Comics Super-Villians Unleashed area yet, I thought I'd speculate based on the park map as sometimes they give good clues. Also, I do think it is a fair comment to say the area is also not very colourful on the park map. It is colourful on the Show Stage side but not the HWSD side. Doomsday Destroyer, for example, clearly needs more green. It might just be me - park maps are one of my favourite things about theme parks after all - but I just think the lack of colour on the HWSD side is not aesthetically pleasing when reading the park map particularly if the park map builds expectations in the general public about how to expect that area to look.

Anyone know where the Daily Planet globe has disappeared to?

batch_IMG_9673.jpg

Oh... There it is!

batch_IMG_9670.jpg

Just one of the designs for the wristbands they will be selling.

batch_IMG_9687.jpg

batch_IMG_9692.jpg

batch_IMG_9720.jpg

batch_IMG_9726.jpg

batch_IMG_9731.jpg

batch_IMG_9737.jpg

batch_IMG_9748.jpg

batch_IMG_9751.jpg

batch_IMG_9754.jpg

batch_IMG_9760.jpg

batch_IMG_9762.jpg

batch_IMG_9773.jpg

batch_IMG_9780.jpg

batch_IMG_9785.jpg

Killer Croc's jeans.

batch_IMG_9789.jpg

Ivy's heels!

batch_IMG_9794.jpg

batch_IMG_9804.jpg

batch_IMG_9812.jpg

batch_IMG_9820.jpg

The rides closed sign.

batch_IMG_9824.jpg

Me and @Theme Park Girl got invites to the official VIP launch party tomorrow night. Hopefully we will get some good footage and photos from the event to share with you all.

Edited by JaggedJanine

7 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

So whats the deal? I pay once and get a wristy for life or do I need to pay every time I want a wristy?

Slightly regretting not accepting my invite, but it's a long drive and a short duration. 

I spoke to Matthew who greeted us in the morning before the first Star Tour. You pay once and you get to keep the wristband. That is true. The wristband deactivates at the end of the day. He was not sure if there will be an option to reactivate it your next visit or not. Hopefully we will be getting more information tomorrow night.

3 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

So whats the deal? I pay once and get a wristy for life or do I need to pay every time I want a wristy?

Depends what you mean by 'wristy' ;)

On 9/22/2016 at 1:38 PM, Brad2912 said:

Hold on, so you work at MW now?

No, they mean exactly what they wrote. 

Negative g force is about downward acceleration, not airtime. 

How can you get 2.4 negative Gs on Doomsday? When talking about G forces on the body in rides, vehicles, spacecraft etc. positive Gs are downwards (head to toe) and negative is upwards (toe to head).

Max negative Gs you could get on Doomsday is 1, and that's if the ride stops while upside down. Unless the whole structure accelerated upwards at 1.4Gs while the riders were upside down, you would never be able to feel 2.4Gs from toe to head.

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback