1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

6 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

So we're you behind the stupid track photo too or just thought you were funny? 

5909b20e2cd60_images(4).thumb.jpg.824991dd1906140c606329297298a5ae.jpg

Nah I just found the image online, someone else must have photoshopped it. Sorry I just assumed she wore it. 

Personally I still think it will be WW or the joker 

image.jpeg

The Joker's car in Suicide Squad has an interesting colour.

This isn't the car from the movie but a car build shop apparently go the the specs and built for a client.

index.jpg.f5830cf864eb99a2ae8f6e5afb6daf27.jpg

This was supposedly taken of the cars arriving to do the scene in the movie.

oqKbJEY.thumb.jpg.dabee62fed8c8fa299695138a19fe475.jpg

FF7QRfr.thumb.jpg.cbc9514dee07820b53f875a73e877b20.jpg

LOL everybody saying they have the photo.

5909bf14826c8_SUICIDESQUAD28.thumb.jpg.2d0d51e3a44ec7ce4fc78833d1d41222.jpg

Interesting colours.

Edited by Skeeta

3 hours ago, Skeeta said:

This isn't the car from the movie but a car build shop apparently go the the specs and built for a client.

index.jpg.f5830cf864eb99a2ae8f6e5afb6daf27.jpg

The producers approached the company who had been selling the body kits for years about it actually. It's literally an Infinity with a "body kit you can put of while the air con runs."

Harley Quinn wouldnt work as a huge hyper in just about every where else in the world. But in the Gold Coast it would be great. Harley Quinn is portrayed by an Australian actor who I believed lived or lives (correct me if I'm wrong) on the Gold Coast. Maybe some signs would be needed in the qeue to explain this, but I see it working well. For a park themed to movies, having a huge actor from the same area as the theme for your major attraction doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Edited by Intimidator305.

44 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

Harley Quinn wouldnt work as a huge hyper in just about every where else in the world. But in the Gold Coast it would be great. Harley Quinn is portrayed by an Australian actor who I believed lived or lives (correct me if I'm wrong) on the Gold Coast. Maybe some signs would be needed in the qeue to explain this, but I see it working well. For a park themed to movies, having a huge actor from the same area as the theme for your major attraction doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Yeah, I mean having a ride themed with a known celebrity worked with an Australian sports star, right Dreamworld?

Lol... to be fair though, most of the criticism for MDMC has been aimed at the style and quality of the motocoaster itself, not so much the theming or the celebrity endorsement behind it. Although it kinda sucked that (from what I've read online) Mick Doohan wasn't even able to attend the ride's actual opening day. 

Not that he is an aussie celeb by far (maybe more so to us locals and other animal welfare groups) but Sea World managed to pull off Trevor Long being the face endorsement for the Jet Ski Rescue, which is actually a decent ride and therefore attracts a lot less criticism than its similar Dreamworld counterpart. 

Ok so we all have our guesses on what the ride will be. Personally I believe it was to be Suicide Squad. But as the movie was not well reviewed and with the incident at Dreamworld, Suicide Squad as the theme is in very poor taste. Plus the park already has 2 villian themed rides, we don't need another.   

WHO IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Wonder Woman would have been the smartest choice if the ride had burgundy red supports and  a yellow track.

This way all major players in the Justice League would have their own rides and the skyline would compliment this Justice league handsomely. the ride is schedule to open in September. This is between her solo movie and the Justice league film. She is the most exposed DC character this year and therefore the easiest to market. 

Plus with the rumoured loop the ride is getting, this would have looked amazing as her lasso of truth.

WHO IT MIGHT BE.

Honourable mentions do go to: 

The Joker: Although popular, he is featured heavily on other rides and Shock Therapy is basically his ride. The supports would also need to be green (unless the train will be).

Bizarro:  Would be smart to rival Superman Escape with a worthy opponent. But he is not mainstream enough and magenta is not the right purple for him. As we haven't seen Superman in the Justice League trailer, Bizarro could make an appearance and authenticate this theming.  

These two characters have a number of rides around the world based on them and this could be a move by Village Roadshow to bring Movie World into line with the larger parks that have DC theming components. 

WHO I THINK IT WILL BE.

But the character I believe who is one of the most deserving characters to herald the new ride is....Catwoman.  

1. At the moment the current costume they use in the park is from the Arkham video games seen below. 

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/arkhamcity/images/b/b0/Batman-arkham-city-catwoman-cleavage2.png/revision/latest?cb=20150524212149 

The coaster matches her, with the grey suit (supports) and magenta goggles (track) it's a perfect fit. 

2. She is the only DC character in the Star Parade that does not have a ride based on them.

3. She remains to this day one of the more popular DC characters, having had 2 successful portrayals in film. And in The Dark Knight Trilogy she ended up helping Batman and saving Gotham, giving her a hero status.  

4. With the rumoured Gotham City Sirens movie to feature a 3rd incarnation of the character she will again be proven popular and the longevity of the theming will be in tack.  

The only problem is see with the theming being Catwoman is the sexism and feminism complaints of having Movie World biggest ride being centred around a female.   

An idea for the theming could be you are Catwoman and have just robbed a jewellery store. So you need to escape. This works perfectly with the ride leaving the park acting like she is escaping. OR you could be batman trying to catch her and bring her back to the store/ police station. 

Keen to hear thoughts. 

Edited by Nateihendo
Add more points

Let me just make sure I'm getting this right @Nateihendo

you believe Movieworld has chosen the colour for the greatest ride this nation has ever seen, based on the colour of the lens in the goggles worn by a character in a video game...

did I get that right? 

Nevermind the fact that the lenses are actually a dull red, and not magenta at all..

Like I said, the theming is probably Suicide Squad and it will most likely be Suicide Squad. The delayed revealing of the theme is clearly to distance itself from the Dreamworld incident.  

It was just an observation that I made today. If VR needed a quick theming fix (as painting the coaster would look like they had second thoughts on the theming) she is a perfect candidate.   

Joker would fit perfectly, as he would need a busy and chaotic ride to fit with his insanity, but that is what AAST presents, 

But they are the only two colours you could use for her.  

Like I said, it could also be a Catwoman and Batman ride, where he needs to catch her. This photo captures a nice image:

art-batman-mono-540x324.jpg 

That way it is based on two properties and keep everyone happy.

Im just trying to think outside the box. Thats all.  

Edited by Nateihendo

8 minutes ago, Nateihendo said:

But they are the only two colours you could use for her. 

Well dang! 

*picks up phone* - yeah, Six flags? Yeah, sorry, you're just gonna have to shut 'em down. Nateihendo said you just can't use those colours.

https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attractions/catwoman-whip-0

catwoman_max.thumb.jpg.0e0b4a8bd7076db2ce4225ffabc36478.jpg

https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/attractions/catwomans-whip

65611a1903150ba8e75e0651317e8755.thumb.jpg.c43a41df575c132910c9478edd2c3604.jpg

Well that Catwoman whip ride has the grey and magenta down packed, maybe the train will be yellow.  

Stop blowing steam, this is a ride speculation forum, and thats all I have done based on what the Catwoman incarnation they use. 

What do you think the ride will be?

37 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

Why's that

Since seeing the colour scheme I've been of the opinion it will be a broad theme, as opposed to an individual character. 

'Battle for Gotham'

'Metropolis Madness'

that type of idea... 

38 minutes ago, Nateihendo said:

Like I said, the theming is probably Suicide Squad and it will most likely be Suicide Squad. The delayed revealing of the theme is clearly to distance itself from the Dreamworld incident.  

I don't particularly think the themes of death or suicide are themes I'd associate with a theme park ride (aside from off events like Fright Nights). I don't think those themes are easy to market or advertise to families or tourists. I'd like to think that idea wasn't a serious consideration long before what happened at Dreamworld 

Thanks for your effort in speculation @Nateihendo - top marks for that😃

I do agree with others that your conclusion of a Catwoman themed Coaster is off the mark however. Catwoman is just not BIG enough to satisfy the intimidating enormity of this particular ride. I agree that WW is a missed opportunity, it could also be a big risk should the movie be a monumental flop.

What continues to baffle me is the fact that Batman gets a crappy Space Shot meanwhile a 3rd rate Villain like Bizarro is a likely contender for Australia's first Hyper?

Or is he?

The only clue I have been offered recently about the Theme of this ride is it will 'make sense' once it is announced..

Hmm.. 

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic