DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Hahahahaha i bet any money that the reporter form that article came on this exact forum, couldn't be F***ed reading through every page so types in like page 40, saw we were talking about hyper coasters and he believed us. I mean im praying and hoping it's a hyper, but i dont think the dude has a clue about the new rollercoaster or coasters in general. 

13 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

I don't know a lot about Superman at all but didn't he once fly around the earth so fast in the opposite direction that he turned back time?

No, you're thinking of Cher.

Edited by mission
Edit: wrong big haired 80's pop star....

8 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Yeah, I know - Given advertisements have to be accurate, I was just pointing out MW would have to take into account TOT II and include 'full-circuit' if promoting any rollercoaster records involving heights lower than 119m in height & speeds slower than 161km/h.

Advertisements have to be accurate? Every infomercial ever created, every 'Biggest Sale Ever' campaign, and Sea Monkeys prove that not to be the case. 

11 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Thanks to @Brad2912 for posting that news article as the Gold Coast Bulletin revealed enough information for this to occur:

HypercoasterConfirmed.jpg

36 minutes ago, downunder said:

^Her plastic surgeon has been working hard on it.

Something interesting was sent to me about a job Track and Allied Installation Works has a tender in for, hmmm...

Check out job T641:

http://aldercon.com.au/tendering/

This was posted 11 hours earlier...  On the same freaking page as your post even...

If that article was recent it can't even get tense right.

"260f3a159224e037243a6e36f3cd86ed?width=650This photo provided by Cedar Point Amusement Park shows the Valravn, the new roller coaster that's opening to the public on Saturday, May 7, 2016 at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio."

IS opening? Shouldn't it already be open if this article was from now and the ride opened may 7?

18 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

This was posted 11 hours earlier...  On the same freaking page as your post even...

My bad, I looked for it. I didn't see it between the Simpsons quotes. I'm so freaking sorry.

I'm surpised the company posted up that much information, given some of it has not been disclosed officially.

Edited by downunder

8 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Hahahahaha i bet any money that the reporter form that article came on this exact forum, couldn't be F***ed reading through every page so types in like page 40, saw we were talking about hyper coasters and he believed us. I mean im praying and hoping it's a hyper, but i dont think the dude has a clue about the new rollercoaster or coasters in general. 

@Ryande16, like @YLFATEEKS tried to point out, a hypercoaster was finally confirmed today in my post. Apart from Parkz, the Gold Coast Bulletin also had a proper source for once - "Helensvale-based company Alder Construction has advertised for subcontractor and supplier pricing for the new Movie World project, beginning yesterday". Whilst they didn't mention that the advertisement mentions the words 'hypercoaster', after a little research, an advertisement was found & it actually confirmed the hypercoaster.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Advertisements have to be accurate? Every infomercial ever created, every 'Biggest Sale Ever' campaign, and Sea Monkeys prove that not to be the case. 

I know that there can be ambiguity in advertisements but I do feel DW would be slightly annoyed if MW promoted 'fastest rollercoaster in Australia' when it actually wasn't (unless it turns out to go faster than 161km/h). I do think everyone realises 'biggest sale ever' refers to the biggest sale a store has ever had not the biggest sale in the world.

3 hours ago, downunder said:

I'm surpised the company posted up that much information, given some of it has not been disclosed officially.

Don't be surprised - MW is probably well aware and might have found it humorous that it took 3 months for us to get solid confirmation. I did more research after I found the tender - Tenders for hypercoaster site preparation/footing placement were openly being advertised back in late July yet no one on here found them. I also found out that the site preparation/footing placement for the new hypercoaster costs maximum $2 million - that might give an idea of the total cost of the hypercoaster.

The site preparation/footing placement tenders, as you can see, were also promoted 1 month prior to actual work happening (late August). These new tenders for track pre-assembly/installation works could indicate it will happen in 1 month - which would roughly meet my guess of the track parts arriving in early December.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

3 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

Do we have any ideas for layouts or certain elements that would make it an amazing ride? I believe a really large non-inverting loop would be cool, and a turnaround similar to the one coming to Energilandia in 20(18?), a non-inverting dive loop. Also, restraints must be good.

Well we know it's being manufactured by Mack Rides, so if you do a quick google image search for "blue-fire megacoaster trains", you'll see the restraint and seat design present on existing Mack megacoasters. Chances are that MW's hypercoaster will have similar, if not the same, seat, harness & train design.

42 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Found it

OMG THIS IS AMAZING 

Hopefully its as tall in metres as my negative reputation ??

I think you might mean the absolute value of your negative rep ;)

Unless you're all for an underground coaster

27 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

Do we have any ideas for layouts or certain elements that would make it an amazing ride? I believe a really large non-inverting loop would be cool, and a turnaround similar to the one coming to Energilandia in 20(18?), a non-inverting dive loop. Also, restraints must be good.

It's a Mack, good restraints are pretty much confirmed ;)

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic