The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

I think the difference is that they need to hav wit up to standard for it to be operating again under the current licensing, meaning someone will probably be sent out to check it prior to reopening.

At which point we can expect them to pull from other attractions for the inspections, then return it to a half assed state the moment they leave.

Got to see Leviathan in person yesterday, and it does look impressive - I guess the question is what year will it open lol. Had a really good day at Sea World, haven't been in a few years, was sad to hear that Elle the Bull Shark had passed away. I found out the story of how Sea World acquired Elle which was really cool, basically Elle was headed for Japanese dinner tables and Sea World stepped in and paid triple the price to bring her to Shark Bay (I'll only warrant that story as far as that was what a Sea World staff member told me).

35 minutes ago, New display name said:

The people with the power, had no problem approving a few pictures as theming for Rivals, if that is your benchmark @Rivals😂

im just saying if it was bad enough for them to get into trouble about it then clearly some improvements will be made.

Anyways, this is a topic about different rides at a different park.. let’s not get too off topic before this thread will probably get shut down too :) 

21 hours ago, rappa said:

Is that the ride’s lighting we can see of have they added temporary lighting for spooky nights?

Colour wise it was for Spooky Nights (Vortex was also green instead of the usual blue). I think the lighting system itself is permanent though - looked great. 

• Like 1

*if you don’t want spoilers for Leviathan’s theming don’t click onto the links*

a page popped up on instagram that has posted videos from Within the area as well as within Leviathan’s queue, i will say the theming within the queue is A LOT better then i was thinking it would be… 

Inside New Atlantis: 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjjBEMWBlzv/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

Leviathan Queue: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjlsuj_PZxO/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

Edited by Rivals

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Well the area is coming along great. I hope they do something with the blue funnel thing in the queue, as it doesn’t really blend in with the rock work.

That’ll be the finish product. It is a shame it doesn’t have a themed element at the base. I originally thought we’d see a water fountain at the base and water would poor into that. But based off that video, I don’t think it will subtract from anything.

45 minutes ago, themagician said:

That’ll be the finish product. It is a shame it doesn’t have a themed element at the base. I originally thought we’d see a water fountain at the base and water would poor into that. But based off that video, I don’t think it will subtract from anything.

I mean if you look closely it does look like their is a hole at the base which lines up with the opening, so you could be right but i guess we won’t really see until it opens.

93AECD45-62A9-4E37-BE10-1E1E085BAD22.thumb.jpeg.ad82eef4476a7908bcd4de0dd08b00f8.jpeg

Im shocked it looks like it will actually be opening this year, i’m glad the delay was actually so they could improve from Vortex’s theming… I wonder whats being done within Tridents queue building?

The good thing to come from Australia’s insane fire rules is all that rock work has to be, well rock.
So you won’t see the problems typical with fibreglass and hardcoat theming getting broken away and this should stay nice for a long time. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, rappa said:

The good thing to come from Australia’s insane fire rules is all that rock work has to be, well rock.
So you won’t see the problems typical with fibreglass and hardcoat theming getting broken away and this should stay nice for a long time. 

That was one of my first concerns, but that’s great news, hopefully it lasts for a long time before any noticeable damage appears 

Basically, in some places they just use blocks of foam with hard coat and paint, and after a while it can look like this:

(The yellow is the raw fibreglass)

image.thumb.png.4b0831b541bee91e2b3d07d64893d9dc.png

But for decent outdoor rock its chickenwire and mesh, and done with actual concrete and grout.

This can last as long as anything else you'd make of concrete.

The sea world stuff looks like the latter.

image.thumb.png.7181278a3c0073c7879bc3bcb5af7380.png

Edited by Gazza

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

And like any concrete, everybody should pull up their carpet when they get home and look at all the surface cracks.😀

(or just look at the floor when you walk through a bunnings)

Yes, totally sure they use the same concrete mixture, construction methods and finish applied between flooring and high traffic walls.

30 minutes ago, New display name said:

And like any concrete, everybody should pull up their carpet when they get home and look at all the surface cracks.😀

(or just look at the floor when you walk through a bunnings)

What exactly is your point here?
Or is it just to come and post needless negativity about something that hasn't even happened yet and likely won't?
You'd complain if it was a white colourbond fence, you complain if they make a themed rock wall, like just why even bother, these posts just needlessly bring the conversation down.

11 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Yes, totally sure they use the same concrete mixture, construction methods and finish applied between flooring and high traffic walls.

That's in part 2 of my reply.

Part 2.

The finish surface is sand, cement & paint.   

This time when everybody gets home ,they should key their brick motar joints and see if they can leave a mark.

This is the method Jonny will use to announce his love for Jenny.

2 minutes ago, rappa said:

Or is it just to come and post needless negativity about something that hasn't even happened yet and likely won't?
You'd complain if it was a white colourbond fence, you complain if they make a themed rock wall, like just why even bother, these posts just needlessly bring the conversation down.

🤦‍♀️

• Gazza locked this topic