The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

It definitely won’t be ready for September school holidays which begin next week. I’m thinking it could be opening in November in time for the summer holidays 

Lot of states holidays begin late September - early October, could maybe be trying to aim for getting at least one ride open by then. Maybe even open for Spooky Nights?

Pretty new to this community so have no clue how long is a realistic opening date at this point lol. Everything seems to be coming up pretty fast tho

14 hours ago, Gazza said:

My bit of speculation

Here's a pic of the second statue. Looks to be the same colour as the other one to me. You might be on to something though. I could see Leviathan having two statues, with it being the main attraction and all!

statue.thumb.png.dd732a9b50847e491e804b72662a9cf0.png

14 hours ago, pieboy said:

Lot of states holidays begin late September - early October, could maybe be trying to aim for getting at least one ride open by then. Maybe even open for Spooky Nights?

Pretty new to this community so have no clue how long is a realistic opening date at this point lol. Everything seems to be coming up pretty fast tho

I think late November to early December would be a safer bet. They still have a lot to do. Not to mention Leviathan hasn't started daytime testing yet.

Edited by Ogre
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, New display name said:

What's world class @Ashley?

That question would be better answered by village, as they’re the ones that said that this area would be world class, theming wise.

However, in my opinion world class theming is on the scale of a Disney park, or universal park. What I’m seeing is not on that scale.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yes, I am, but they said the same thing about vortex.

Secondly, VRTP have a habit of exaggerating.

Don’t get me wrong me, it’s looking great, but it ain’t “world class”.

There is also a large station building, completely enclosed and out of view.... I think you'll be quite surprised/impressed, and feel quite silly for writing it off so early.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Luke Beazley said:

There is also a large station building, completely enclosed and out of view.... I think you'll be quite surprised/impressed, and feel quite silly for writing it off so early.

We have seen a big glimpse into the station and it is very impressive. At this point as long as the rides are good im happy.

The area is going to look great, but we have been promised world class theming, based on what we got with vortex I'm in doubt we are going to get that.

image.thumb.png.bd5fd913fac3c8d686d6151bc0798017.png

This what we were suppose to get, it looks bloody awesome. But, in reality it's gonna look nothing like it. 

This how vortex looks, I'd cool that is world class.

This is what we got.

image.thumb.png.3b97dbc6010be7f8d54f9a57705e953e.png

It looks good, but is crap, in comparison to how it was suppose look. It's very well presented but ain't world class. 

Yes, the area is still getting built and yes, there is a shed. Great, I'm sure it'll look good.

Let's not forget Leviathan is the best family roller coaster in the world, according to them. 

See what I mean, VRTP, talk a big game, but it's not as good as it's hyped up to be.

Who remembers this: A STORM IS BREWING, THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIG ONE. I'm not gonna say anymore than that.

Scooby Doo upgrade, good, but no where near as good as it was hyped up to be.

But, as you guys said there is a shed, OMG a shed, I can't wait to see what's in it, but I want the whole area to be like that, and it ain't, yes, it's still getting built, but I know my history with VRTP.

Here is what I call world class theming:

image.thumb.png.e31c9a640e960db281e1421ed7e23b6b.png

This is what we have so far, of the world class area.

image.thumb.png.8e5abd7c4b44eb2d2ac15a240bf31d3d.png

Now how we've all said, the area is still under construction. So let's compare world class themed area under construction with new Atlantis under construction.

image.thumb.png.e1e4eb8a2ee90dd18203d710a5ad5f99.png

image.thumb.png.376e2d04f71cd098faaf0d7ce903a791.png

What we see is the Star Wars area in Disneyland under construction, not finished yet, but, we know it's gonna be great, by just the sight of it.

I don't need to show pics of leviathan and trident, because there are plenty of images on this forum.

How I said the area is gonna look good, but not world class. Not by any means. Maybe the shed we look world class, but the shed is just one part of it. We were told the area would be world class, not just a shed.

2 hours ago, Luke Beazley said:

I'm not gonna feel silly, and I'm not writing it off. It's gonna look good, but not world class.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The area is going to look great, but we have been promised world class theming, based on what we got with vortex I'm in doubt we are going to get that.

image.thumb.png.bd5fd913fac3c8d686d6151bc0798017.png

This what we were suppose to get, it looks bloody awesome

I'm really sad we aren't going to get the default station from no limits 2. I'm also sad that what they're building seem like they're designed for people actually in the area rather than in a helicopter above the main entrance. How shocking they didn't build a massive waterfall that you literally can't see from anywhere in the land! Now that would have been world class!

I don't know why people are still trotting out that first concept art to make a point, and it's surprising to me that people who do so actually think they're making a point. The concept when you look at it kind of shit. Some oversize props plopped down isn't a themed land. You're basing the next bit off of Vortex to for some reason, despite every indication being that there is a sizable gulf in terms of themeing that's being built.

We all now know your personal definition of world class. To me World Class basically means nothing, but has always implied something built to an international standard, IE the sort of thing you'd encounter when you go to top tier parks around the world, which includes a lot more than Disney and Universal. It seems to me it'll be done better than how Cedar Fair or Six Flags do it, better than Busch's recent efforts, and above all but the cream of the crop in Europe. 'Has to be as good as the best things Disney has ever done to be world class' Says who? You? Who are you?

Wait till it's done. People who want to complain like you will be able if you, and I think the parts of society that aren't a moron will enjoy it for what it is without going 'It's not Star Wars Land though'

• Like 2

Griffith University did a report for sustainable practices for the new precinct.

https://research-repository.griffith.edu.au/rest/bitstreams/e02053e2-8f97-4e0a-aa51-cf1952015768/retrieve

The university came up with the idea of repurposing the monorail track to an elevated walkway.

What are your thoughts on this?

image.thumb.png.22368bbb5bda2b20aa9e3b39af1bd7cc.png

image.thumb.png.dc0fba114d23e27806ced3d1cde4b1c8.png

24 minutes ago, joz said:

I'm really sad we aren't going to get the default station from no limits 2. I'm also sad that what they're building seem like they're designed for people actually in the area rather than in a helicopter above the main entrance. How shocking they didn't build a massive waterfall that you literally can't see from anywhere in the land! Now that would have been world class!

I don't know why people are still trotting out that first concept art to make a point, and it's surprising to me that people who do so actually think they're making a point. The concept when you look at it kind of shit. Some oversize props plopped down isn't a themed land. You're basing the next bit off of Vortex to for some reason, despite every indication being that there is a sizable gulf in terms of themeing that's being built.

We all now know your personal definition of world class. To me World Class basically means nothing, but has always implied something built to an international standard, IE the sort of thing you'd encounter when you go to top tier parks around the world, which includes a lot more than Disney and Universal. It seems to me it'll be done better than how Cedar Fair or Six Flags do it, better than Busch's recent efforts, and above all but the cream of the crop in Europe. 'Has to be as good as the best things Disney has ever done to be world class' Says who? You? Who are you?

Wait till it's done. People who want to complain like you will be able if you, and I think the parts of society that aren't a moron will enjoy it for what it is without going 'It's not Star Wars Land though'

So, because I have a differing opinion to you, you imply that I'm a moron. I don't agree with what you're saying but I'm not going to imply that your moron. You're a suppose to be a leader on this forums, so show some f***** respect for peoples right to have a differing opinion. 

Why do I keep going back to original concept art, hmm I wonder because that's what we were don't we were getting. I would have loved a massive waterfall, and you could have been able to see it, only from certain angles, but you still could.

I'm basing the next bit off of vortex to make my point, the area we were getting was suppose to be world class I don't consider vortex world class. That's why I said it.

Your opinion of world class is fine, as you said you know my opinion of it. To me world means international, hence why I believe world class is best of the best.

Yes, it would be done better than six flags or cedar, it would beat them by a land slide. But certainly not better than Disney or Universal. 

I consider Disney world class for the same reason we compare a lot of things in our parks to Disney, because often it's the best of the best, world class.

Who am I? I'm just someone that is stating his opinion.

I could ask you the same the question, Who are you to say Disney isn't world class. But I'm not going to say that as you have a right to think otherwise.

I'm sorry, I didn't think there was a rule saying we couldn't state our opinions until something is finished. 

But, how I said I'm sorry for stating my opinion, on second thoughts I'm not because until it's Joz's forums, I'm going to continue doing it, if you don't like piss off. Or you can except as I have done with you that's all right for me to have my opinion. 

You haven't stated that I can't have an opinion, but the way you wrote your reply, gives that impression.

21 minutes ago, New display name said:

Griffith University did a report for sustainable practices for the new precinct.

https://research-repository.griffith.edu.au/rest/bitstreams/e02053e2-8f97-4e0a-aa51-cf1952015768/retrieve

The university came up with the idea of repurposing the monorail track to an elevated walkway.

What are your thoughts on this?

image.thumb.png.22368bbb5bda2b20aa9e3b39af1bd7cc.png

image.thumb.png.dc0fba114d23e27806ced3d1cde4b1c8.png

Hmm, I'd say it's interesting. Definitely glad it's gonna sit like SBNO for a century.

I think I'd prefer them to reopen the monorail. But I'm interested to see how it'll look. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So, because I have a differing opinion to you, you imply that I'm a moron

Not at all, I merely said someone who has the opinion that it's shit if it isn't star wars level would indeed be a moron. If you don't think that, then I'm not calling you a moron. Stop being so sensitive.

The rule is you can state your opinions. But that doesn't mean anyone has to respect your opinion, and that people aren't allowed to say your opinion is totally stupid.

Follow up question though, did you think they were going to build the default station from No Limits 2, and do you consider that to be world class?

27 minutes ago, joz said:

Not at all, I merely said someone who has the opinion that it's shit if it isn't star wars level would indeed be a moron. If you don't think that, then I'm not calling you a moron. Stop being so sensitive.

The rule is you can state your opinions. But that doesn't mean anyone has to respect your opinion, and that people aren't allowed to say your opinion is totally stupid.

Follow up question though, did you think they were going to build the default station from No Limits 2, and do you consider that to be world class?

No, the area won't be **** if not at Star Wars level.

But someone who's want's to think that opinion can, without being called a moron, I'd think they're a moron as well, but have you never heard the saying, "Ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say it". They don't have a right to be called a moron, just as you don't deserve to be called a moron if you have stupid opinion.

"Stop being so sensitive" I admit I can be sensitive, but I prefer to say, I'm not someone that gets called something and just take it on the nose. I've been called every name under the sun, and told I should kill myself, over my life, just because of being born autistic, and I've had it, so like it or not I'm not going to sit back and take that lightly.

I'll admit gladly that in this case I misunderstood, so I apologise for that, but I ain't going to ******* apologise for being as you put it "being so sensitive"

I'm not saying you have to respect my opinion, I'm saying respect my right to have an opinion. 

In your post to me you said "who am I", so, let's put it how you really meant it.

Who am I to think the term "world class" is reserved for Disney standard. 

But, what does that really mean? Reading between the lines, it means, who am I to have that opinion.

You can say my opinion is stupid, but don't you ******* dare question my integrity, and basically say who I am to say what world class means. When I'm just stating my ******* opinion.

With regards to your follow up question,  I've never heard of "No Limit 2", what I did expect was for them to build it somewhat similar to the concept art. 

Yes, based on what was shown, I did consider the concept art to be world class. 

I don't like Star Wars, but I can't deny that it's world class themed area.

So maybe everyone could calm down for 2 seconds. 
This is all subjective. And I’ll spell out what Joz was trying to say. 

The concept art looks pretty. But actually look at the coaster. Look at the station. Both are shit!

We may not get a joke of waterfall however it looks like the station will be a fully immersive themed experience. And the coaster layout is kick ass (no way is this a family coaster). 

So would you sooner have nice gardens, a waterfall and a completely un-themed dull coaster?

Or modest landscaping and a kick ass coaster with themed station? 
That’s the question. 

And nobody called anyone here a moron FYI so we can leave the “Im so offended” style nonsense at the door. 

• Like 1

When you really look at that artwork, it's not Disney standard in the slightest. Really look at the sightlines, look at the way things are placed for way they look from the outside not from the inside. There are default assets, things you wouldn't see from inside the land and just green to fill in the gaps.

Also fwiw, pretty much everyone here is on the spectrum. The bad news about that is that doesn't make you special here, you cant really play the autism card. The good news though is it doesn't make you special here. You can get on with your life, without using it to define yourself, and you don't need to and nor should not harm yourself.

Also FWIW, Disney isn't world class. Disney is a whole other level above world class. Disney is it's whole own category. There's world class, then there's Disney standard. Invoking Disney is something even our parks are generally smart enough not to do. Disney wouldn't build a wooden roller coaster where the point of the ride is that it's a roller coaster.

• Gazza locked this topic