Proposed Theme Parks in Australia That Never Got Off The Ground

Ranger

22 minutes ago, Ranger said:

DJKostya I've always been interested in that park. There's not a lot of information online so if anyone has plans / concept art you should post it here. 

Wasn't ASW a VRTP proposal? I'm certain there was a literal butt-tonne of discussion on Parkz over that proposal so you'd probably find the concepts and such with a little Parkz search....?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJKostya said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Safari_World

African Safari World in Victoria looked like it was going to be decent. Similar to a Busch Gardens style park. It was a shame that the Government shut it down.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Wasn't ASW a VRTP proposal? I'm certain there was a literal butt-tonne of discussion on Parkz over that proposal so you'd probably find the concepts and such with a little Parkz search....?

Barely remembered this so searched it up, as @AlexB suggested. This is the main thread for it:

And here is also the Parkz page, with this article being the only thing on it if anyone else is interested as well 🤷‍♂️ 

Not really a proposed park but weren't they going to build a resort at MW

19 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Not really a proposed park but weren't they going to build a resort at MW

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/travel/new-roller-coaster-hotel-and-lakeside-attraction-planned-for-movie-world/news-story/9e19ae24ce65872c5898781504b833fa

Remember this:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/tourists-will-need-more-than-theme-parks-in-wa-20130421-2i7y2.html

What about World's Of Wonder here in Sydney? It was a proposed park by David Bakas. David has since become General Manager of the Wonderland Sydney project in 2019. So I think World's of Wonder has been scraped. There has been no new information since 2019 on Wonderland Sydney. I would still consider it going to happen, rather than proposed. They still say it will open by 2021. It's pretty much impossible to build it by 2021, even if they started right this second.

There was also going to be Darling Walk in 1988. It was going to be "a tomorrow's world of entertainment and technology". It was going to be just a small indoor theme park. It was canceled, and instead. Sega World opened around 1997? But the area down south of the IMAX Cinema did become Darling Walk. It's now some offices and shops called Darling Quarter. Merlin International was unable to build it by the 1988 bicentennial, so it was canceled. It was also know as Discovery Village. A sports faciality was built between 1988 and Sega World. There is only one photo left of Darling Walk. 

Here are some concept photo's from both parks:

Capture 105.PNG

Capture 106.PNG

Capture 107.PNG

Capture 108.PNG

14 hours ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

What about World's Of Wonder here in Sydney? It was a proposed park by David Bakas. David has since become General Manager of the Wonderland Sydney project in 2019. So I think World's of Wonder has been scraped. There has been no new information since 2019 on Wonderland Sydney. I would still consider it going to happen, rather than proposed. They still say it will open by 2021. It's pretty much impossible to build it by 2021, even if they started right this second.

There was also going to be Darling Walk in 1988. It was going to be "a tomorrow's world of entertainment and technology". It was going to be just a small indoor theme park. It was canceled, and instead. Sega World opened around 1997? But the area down south of the IMAX Cinema did become Darling Walk. It's now some offices and shops called Darling Quarter. Merlin International was unable to build it by the 1988 bicentennial, so it was canceled. It was also know as Discovery Village. A sports faciality was built between 1988 and Sega World. There is only one photo left of Darling Walk. 

Here are some concept photo's from both parks:

Capture 105.PNG

Capture 106.PNG

Capture 107.PNG

Capture 108.PNG

We haven't got news on Wonderland since 2016 so where did you get that David Bala's news?

8 hours ago, A.H said:

We haven't got news on Wonderland since 2016 so where did you get that David Bala's news?

Here: https://datacloud.design/2019/04/06/wonderland-sydney-resurrection-to-get-the-disney-treatment/#:~:text=WORLDS of Wonder is destined,Sydney still to be finalised.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

Worlds of wonder is still in town planning phase because I sent him an email last year Nov and said this

'The project is still in town planning phase, and will still take some time yet.'

Regards,
Ammar Khan

Ammar Khan is doing Wonderland Sydney. But David Bala was doing World’s Of Wonder. But since he is now General Manager of Western Sydney Theme Parks Ltd. He would of either merged the project. Or most likely scraped the project. The Wonderland Sydney Project is still going. But I would consider World’s Of Wonder dead.

Edited by AheadMatthewawsome
  • Thanks 1