Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

Again, can’t get a photo, but can see via Batwing that 2 black shipping containers are on site, and a lot of preparation groundwork has been/is being done. The crane is currently positioned rather close to the drill & containers, near the centre of the site.

Edited by Tricoart

• 4 weeks later...

For comparison as Gumbuya World have the same coaster.

Groundworks began July/August, foundations began in September, with track install soon after and was completed late October/early November. Testing began late November and it opened late December.

So far the timeline for Wizard of Oz has been; Arkham Asylum was removed in June 2022, Wizard of Oz was announced in July, site works began October, track arrived April 2023 and foundations/footings began construction Novemebr 2023. And the land won't be opening until late 2024. I understand there is a lot for to be constructed other than the coasters for this land, but so far construction has been very slow.

If it opens in December 2024, we are looking at a 2.5 year project timeline from AA's removal to it opening.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aaronm said:

I'm going to be shocked if it's open in 2024.

I wouldn't be though. What we can take from Gumbuya's construction timeline of TNT is this coaster can come together very quickly. They've been pushing dirt around for over a year, but there could be some aspect of the project we didn't get to see them do over the past year (ie. reworking ground services). And maybe they were just taking their time or internal delays that we probably won't ever hear about.

My point being, just because we haven't seen much happening yet, in the new year once all the trades are back at work, we should start seeing this come together quickly. All the coaster track could go up in a couple of months and then focus will go towards the theming/queue buildings, etc. And based on what we've heard (which Coaster Studios revealved in one of their videos), they are striving to take what they did with Leviathan to the next level in the Wizard of Land precinct.

9 minutes ago, themagician said:

And based on what we've heard (which Coaster Studios revealved in one of their videos), they are striving to take what they did with Leviathan to the next level in the Wizard of Land precinct.

You heard it here first people.  The delays are going to be next level.   //s

• Like 5

Nearmap's latest flyover was only 10 days ago and is now live. The last shot, which was mid-september, was pretty flat - the scenery has now changed significantly, and you can start to see quite a bit coming together!

image.thumb.png.5566632d884816ab32bb87c0cd996782.png

(And just as a comparison, here is what it looked like right before Arkham Demolition in June 2022)

image.thumb.png.cdebdbc838510f5fa69c132f5a15bdcd.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Nearmap's latest flyover was only 10 days ago and is now live. The last shot, which was mid-september, was pretty flat - the scenery has now changed significantly, and you can start to see quite a bit coming together!

We can start to see the layout of the ride based on the footers. As they are being poured, I am guessing in the next few weeks we will start to see the track for both rides.

It seems they are using space effectively, the SFC is literally right up against the studio roads and the Boomerang is in a very tight area. I guess this means we will never get expansions due to the lack of space.

30 minutes ago, TBoy said:

I am guessing in the next few weeks we will start to see the track for both rides.

Do you mean we will start to see the track being installed for both rides? Because we have seen the track for most of this year alongside the road when heading to Paradise Country.

Eitherway, I don't see any track being installed this year.

Edited by themagician

5 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Agree, I can't imagine they'll go vertical in the next 4 weeks. A lot of construction tends to wind down around christmas. I think we'll see track builds start early next year - though i'm happy to be wrong if they decide they want to start earlier!

If they can't complete the track build in 2.5-3 weeks, I can't see it starting until after Australia Day

Just now, Levram__ said:

The family boomerang racer also exists at Wildlands Adventure Zoo Emmen. You could overlay it similarly, with an idea of the positioning based on the concept artwork. 

Was working on doing that a bit ago, but I’m on mobile so it’s more scuffed than that which is above. 

3090155F-F188-480C-8D15-F2C2468EC5E3.png

B9A67E63-B552-48D4-BCA3-3777902AE4EF.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

none of the precinct is built yet to film within.

Space probe TVC was filmed prior to the ride being built. It was all done on a soundstage set up. I'm sure they've got plenty of spaces at their disposal that they could mock up if they wanted to, but I agree a lot is likely to be character interaction \ parade. Given the timeslots, i'd say the early morning would be the in-park shots, and the middle of the day slot would be the soundstage filming.

• Like 2