Fright Nights 2022

themagician

Considering the last Annabelle movie came out in 2019, it could have been a slated maze for 2020 and they could have renegotiated the rights to use the IP given the situation.

Regarding Orphan, the prequel Orphan: First Kill released today.  Honestly those are the only two that seem to fit the idea, but even my son (who lives on horror movies) immediately jumped to the Annabelle conclusion.

If they have renegotiated rights for IP use, this could also mean the return of IT and Zombieland: Double Tap returning are likely, and given the IT maze location in the dodgems area has been closed off since prior to world events, this also lends some reasonable likelihood of being the case.

Out of both the Orphan & Annabelle movies, i do think Annabelle is more likely but if it came out it was Orphan, i wouldn't be shocked either. I will give Annabelle the upper edge though, purely because i feel the vibe of that little teaser does fit the movies and the character of Annabelle a little bit more.

Edited by Rivals
changed info

On 12/08/2022 at 10:22 AM, Park Addict 93 said:

VRTP's online presence has revealed the following...

5 Mazes (including their names)  Zombieland, IT and Doll Haus returning

Slight update to this, the location that previously stated 5 maze titles now states only the returning 3 mazes and two to be announced.

Expect them to be "locked" initially as per previous years at first ticket release and announced later.

The prices this year... Was expecting more, but wow.

For example in 2019 when I went it was $59 for general entry and $60 for fast track on the mazes. 

This year is is $79 for general entry and a whopping $119 for fast track of mazes. 

Also no terror tour. I mean I'll still go, but its a shame to see them increase the prices so much and it will put it out of reach for a lot of people. 

Largest increase is the Season Pass being $499 from $99 initially in 2019 (increased to $150 mid season).

I don’t have an issue with the pricing this year in general, if the event is capped at a fair number and maze lines are not excessive. Season Pricing does seem a bit too high however, you will have to attend all 5 peak nights and at least one off peak for it to make financial sense.

I'm ok with the price increase. I've always felt FN was far too oversubscribed and it was difficult to 'do everything' in a night without paying premiums for fast track etc. 

They can always reduce the price later if they don't get the uptake they wanted, but the very affordable season passes of previous years cheapened the event, IMO.

1 minute ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'm ok with the price increase. I've always felt FN was far too oversubscribed and it was difficult to 'do everything' in a night without paying premiums for fast track etc. 

They can always reduce the price later if they don't get the uptake they wanted, but the very affordable season passes of previous years cheapened the event, IMO.

Do you think they will actually decrease the numbers attending though? Or are you referring to the fact that a higher price will naturally decrease the attendance?

IMO id be willing to put money on it that MW has not and will not reduce the cap themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Brendo88 said:

Do you think they will actually decrease the numbers attending though? Or are you referring to the fact that a higher price will naturally decrease the attendance?

IMO id be willing to put money on it that MW has not and will not reduce the cap themselves. 

Absolutely agree the park probably won't reduce the number of tickets available unless forced to by covid or other requirements (unlikely), but you're spot on - I am saying the higher price might reduce the number of people.

Fright Nights is no longer included as a freebie in the annual passes (Memberships still get this though), so it will be interesting to see if they continue to sell out, or if they struggle and drop their prices...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, franky said:

For someone that's never been, are all rides generally open, or only a select few?

If you go to the fright nights website and click "The Experience > Rides", or go to the ride fast pass option it tells you which rides are open.

Edited by MaxxTheMonster
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, franky said:

For someone that's never been, are all rides generally open, or only a select few?

Expect WB Kids to be closed. WWF has been closed in the past - likely will this year too unless the upgrades changed anything. Most of the big thrills at the front of the park are open, and scooby. Expect ride queues to be stupidly long - including Scooby for some weird reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brendo88 said:

This year is is $79 for general entry and a whopping $119 for fast track of mazes. 

Something I've just discovered too, is the $79 is only for the 1st and 7th of October, prices increase as the month progresses:

01/07 October: $79

08/14 October: $89

15/21/22/28/29 October: $99

Fast Track for Mazes and Rides is $149, plus entry.