"Significant" new attractions to be announced at Dreamworld

Good video regarding the Steel Vengeance collision and all its other issues (some RMC related, some Cedar Point related), surprised no one linked to this video since someone mentioned the 'block break' meme only a few posts ago (which this guy originated) but then again this video was only posted 4 days ago.

Village came very close to getting a Raptor for Movie World. So an Australian company could easily work with them.

To my knowledge most of the mechanical problems on their early stuff have been ironed out by now. If you were to build a hybrid at Dreamworld you wouldn't be dealing with re-using a pre-existing structure and footings which aren't suitable for an aggressive ride. But a raptor is clearly the winner here - build it in the lazy river plot and reuse the old Thunderbolt station, reuse the name and you have free good publicity and free gate, an excellent replacement for Gold Coaster, which sits on prime real estate for WWW expansion down the track.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Village came very close to getting a Raptor for Movie World. So an Australian company could easily work with them.

If this is true, maybe they decided to make it their next big coaster instead. Do you have any other information on this or just know they were planning on getting one?

9 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Good video regarding the Steel Vengeance collision and all its other issues (some RMC related, some Cedar Point related), surprised no one linked to this video since someone mentioned the 'block break' meme only a few posts ago (which this guy originated) but then again this video was only posted 4 days ago.

Haha - catching up on this thread this morning I had it in my mind when Rappa asked about the braking issue to share this video, but kept reading to make sure nobody else had - you beat me to it. ETR's video on this coaster is very in depth, detailed and gives a great understanding of the entire lifespan of the ride to-date. 

I only watched this a day or so ago so it was fresh in my mind, and reading everyone talking about an RMC kept bringing me back to all these issues (although granted they're not converting anything here so won't be the same issues)

I think, if the plans were solid enough/continue to be, I don't see why Big Dipper would drastically change the plans. Even if it was just a Stunt Pilot clone, it would still be the tallest, longest, fastest, most inversions, etc. single rail in the Southern Hemisphere, so if they want to market it as a record breaker then they still easily could.

• Like 2

I feel Dreamworld really needs a quality family full circuit coaster. Lets be real, EFMG is one of the worst coasters in the country, and MDMC is popular but its still selective due to the type of restraints. 

I think a spinner, wild mouse, or a family woodie would all be great, and relatively inexpensive additions to Dreamworld. Or what about a new mine train ride? Eureka 2.0 👀 

4 minutes ago, Coasterjoe said:

I think a spinner, wild mouse, or a family woodie would all be great, and relatively inexpensive additions to Dreamworld. Or what about a new mine train ride? Eureka 2.0 👀 

I doubt Dreamworld would ever (or at least not for a good decade or more) ever theme anything to mining or gold rush again, just to properly distance themselves from the TRRR incident. Much as it would be expensive (and potentially ugly from the outside) to do so an indoor family coaster the likes of Scooby Doo or Road Runner would be good so as to have more to do on rainy days. But unless they found a way to add an indoor roller coaster to the refurbishment of their kiddy land (which wouldn't work with the buildings they currently have) then they probably have a lot more important additions to add to the park first. If Motocoaster wasn't in such an awkward spot they could enclose that and make it a Tron-style coaster to give it a facelift, but then again this is Dreamworld not Movie World so probably doesn't make much sense...

The way the ride interacts with its surrounding area especially right off of the lift hill alone makes it better then RRRC and SpongeBob. The new boomerangs though probably not.

I think adding new vekoma SFC trains and speeding the lift hill up (the ride is very slow) would improve the ride drastically 

Well it definitely does bring a lot of kinetic energy to the area, and the DreamWorks experience would look much worse without it, but when comparing it to the looks/stats of other kids coasters on the GC, it doesn’t really pack that punch for it’s size. Give it new trains that are less rough and it would improve the ride alot, but I wouldn’t expect that from Dreamworld tbh

Edited by Natti_amusements

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

If Escape from Madagascar is one of the worst coasters, what does that make a Wild Mouse?

Hmm I would take LPS's Wld Mouse over Aussie World's Dingo Racer or MW's Green Lantern. Not saying these are bad rides in the slightest but they dont have the out of control feel nor the spectacular view to go with it that Wild Mouse brings to the table. Horses for courses. Its all subjective. EFM is in now way a bad ride....its definitely not the worst in the country. It is what it is- an older Vekoma suspended Family Coaster and its a product of its time.

The newer Boomerangs and SFC's coming to both MW and Gumbuya will be in another league entirely. What i am most interested in is what will be the better family shuttle- Boomerang at LPS by Gerstlauer or the new Vekoma units? The LPS coaster is a really fun addition which is more foreceful than you would expect from a family coaster. I expect the Vekoma units to be very similar.

34 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Hmm I would take LPS's Wld Mouse over Aussie World's Dingo Racer or MW's Green Lantern. Not saying these are bad rides in the slightest but they dont have the out of control feel nor the spectacular view to go with it that Wild Mouse brings to the table. Horses for courses. Its all subjective. EFM is in now way a bad ride....its definitely not the worst in the country. It is what it is- an older Vekoma suspended Family Coaster and its a product of its time.

The newer Boomerangs and SFC's coming to both MW and Gumbuya will be in another league entirely. What i am most interested in is what will be the better family shuttle- Boomerang at LPS by Gerstlauer or the new Vekoma units? The LPS coaster is a really fun addition which is more foreceful than you would expect from a family coaster. I expect the Vekoma units to be very similar.

Your definitely right. The wooden wild mouse at LunaPark in one hell of a ride. I especially love the last few bunny hops at the end that give you better airtime than most coasters in the country. As for the boomerangs, I am predicting MV’s will be slightly better, mostly because of that duelling element tho.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Such a bizarre comment imo…

On the GC alone I’d have it above Boating School Blast and Roadrunner. 

I respectfully disagree, boating school blast doesn’t really count because its just a kids coaster, but roadrunner is lightyears better than EFMG in my opinion, especially since the trains got upgraded. Sure roadrunner is a little boring, but EFMG Layout aint much better, and  its rough as guts with horrible restraints. Add to that its the only full circuit coaster at DW that can be enjoyed by families, they can do a lot better in the family coaster department 

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

If Escape from Madagascar is one of the worst coasters, what does that make a Wild Mouse?

GP love Wild Mouse, they pack a lot of fun in a small layout and can be enjoyed by a large percentage of park goers. Lets also not forget that one of the most popular rides at MW is actually a wild mouse so when done right they are great rides. 

• Like 1

Motocoaster is easily worse than Boating School Blast and Roadrunner. If it wasn't built so high off the ground it might have been a little more redeemable, but it loses so much of its steam during the 2nd lap and is just a slow, boring mess. Even the family coasters offer better pacing.

Madagascar is garbage. Reminds me a lot of the later years of Lethal Weapon but with a boring layout, the worst of both worlds. Some new trains/restraints would make it slightly more bearable.

13 minutes ago, Coasterjoe said:

Add to that its the only full circuit coaster at DW that can be enjoyed by families, they can do a lot better in the family coaster department 

Motocoaster and Gold Coaster are pretty much family thrill coasters when compared to ST, so not sure if this point is accurate.

Edited by Baconjack

3 minutes ago, Gazza said:

But would a wild mouse at DW be as good as scooby?

Maybe if it was like G'sengte Sau at Prater where it's just enormous?

Bobsled Coaster: Gerstlauer Amusement Rides

A Gerstlauer Bobsled would be different enough from Scooby, and arguably better than what Scooby is now. Alternatively, get a good spinner. It's puzzling to me how no major park in this country has one yet.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1