Old Theme Park Pics

Ashley

45 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I miss the fountain of improbability.

I would make you eat those words.😂

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

That kinda stuff is what’s missing nowadays. People underestimate how much of an impact these type of things make. 

I don't think this generation of kids would get too excited at looking at a winking kangaroo.  Maybe if WnW had a big Ipad out the front.

52 minutes ago, pin142 said:

Looks to be pre 2000 as Mammoth Falls isn't in that photo.

I did mention it was from 1999. Apologies for the confusing wording - what I meant was, if you go to that site, there are a few other shots that are later than the 1999 one (2001-2002ish) that show the volcano, but the 1999 shot was the clearest shot of the volcano.

On 22/02/2023 at 10:26 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I wonder if anyone has a pre-2005 WNW park map so we can figure out what the old area was called? Because, it seems likely it wasn't Buccaneer Bay...

Managed to find a park map from early 2005 and can confirm it was indeed called Buccaneer Bay

WnW0411797-ParkMap.thumb.jpg.739929181e38d1c33a6272c3b154ff68.jpg

25 minutes ago, themagician said:

Managed to find a park map from early 2005 and can confirm it was indeed called Buccaneer Bay

WnW0411797-ParkMap.thumb.jpg.739929181e38d1c33a6272c3b154ff68.jpg

Not sure if it's just because of the time I spent there back in 2005 - but this might have been peak Wet'n'Wild for me. Terror Canyon 2, double screamer, both versions of mammoth falls...Tornado is probably the only current slide I think i'd really miss and I think the expansions and new slides/areas that went in after this took away from some of the atmosphere of the place.

• Like 1

I never got to do the other side of mammoth falls while it was at wet’n’wild. I gotta say I loved when there was a volcano/rock thing around the green body slides it really made it look better. I think aqua loop is better then twister but something about those twister slides especially the full length ones are awesome. A few years after this the speed slides at the back of the park were added too those were epic. I think wet’n’wild feels a bit temporary or something right now. The way the back of the park slides like tornado and kamikaze are just placed on a grass field but the slides there now are a lot better but all the cohesion is gone nothing is very cohesive and the SBNO stuff everywhere isn’t helping but I wouldn’t want to go back. Though the volcano around the green slides should be rebuilt in some form and remove the zip lines. They also need an opinion to go alone of some of the rides instead of being forced to have 2 people per raft. WWW do this