Dreamworld's new IP applications 2022

I still predict we'll find out tonight, anyone want to make any final predictions ( I have no insights so this isn't at all a hint, just a prediction)

- Retheme of Madagascar Land
- Refurb of ABC, with additional rides (perhaps even a mini roller coaster like Spongebob at Seaworld)
- Circus at Christmas
- New ride (possibly Mack Powersplash) 

I think that would be about 50 mill.

Edited by Vidgamer

3 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

Refurb of ABC

I feel like it is more likely to see a retheme of Dreamworks, as DW has had a lot of theming taken down over the past few weeks. ABC Refurb is not out of question but it is more likely in my eyes to be DW.

Does anyone else reckon Dreamworks could be turned into a broader Asian themed zone that feeds into Tiger Island.

Kind of like Wild Asia at Chessington

https://themeparkguide.co.uk/theme-parks/park-areas/Wild-Asia

Kobra - Coasterpedia - The Roller Coaster and Flat Ride Wiki

You'd need to do something with the Shrek end, but the Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda bits are a strong basis.

Well, for final predictions i’ll say the announcement will cover:

- Dreamwork’s Retheme with new rides (such as a Zamperla Nebulaz replacing Gingy’s Glider.)

- Christmas Circus event

- New Family Thrill ride in RHLR plot of land (using the Jungle Rush name.)

- Possible parkwide ride refurbs (Motorcoaster repaint, new Claw and Giant Drop Gondola’s ect.)

I've said it before but this next announcement from Dreamworld regarding what new things are coming in the future needs to be impressive if the park wants to stay in any way competitive with Movie World. And not just from the perspective of competing with the upcoming Wizard of Oz precinct and those 2/3 coasters but just in terms of being a competitor based on the overall attraction line-up. Steel Taipan wasn't enough of a visually impressive/record breaking coaster to compete with Rivals, if they want to win back theme park clout (and most importantly the general public through the gates) they'll need an impressive water attraction in addition to some sort of unique, "record breaking" roller coaster. That's the thing that'd make Dreamworld a must do for visitors and locals alike. But I don't think they'd announce both a water ride and a roller coaster and the kids area retheme. My bet is just some themed water attraction and the aforementioned kids area upgrades. It'll be what the park needs at bare minimum but it won't be enough to immediately make the park true competition to what's down the road. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Here are mine!

A (temporary?) circus for the summer holidays.

Dreamworks will become "Kenny and Belinda's Dreamland" with maybe a new attraction or two. Jungle Rush is likely to be here, either as a new ride or a retheme to Escape from Madagascar.

The long awaited refurb of ABC and Wiggles World. Not sure theming wise but they're apparently keeping the Wiggles ip based on a recent interview.

I think we'll also see something from Mack. A Powersplash in the old Flume Ride area would be a great fit. Ticks both the water and roller coaster boxes, while also being different enough from TRR. Maybe they could do a bundle deal with Mack and put in a kids powered coaster in ABC or something.

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

Does anyone else reckon Dreamworks could be turned into a broader Asian themed zone that feeds into Tiger Island.

Kind of like Wild Asia at Chessington

With it potentially becoming "Dreamland" they could easily retheme the 3 areas into generic (jungle, fantasy, asian) sections.

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld's new IP applications 2022
  • Richard locked this topic