Rivals

Some fantastic new additions to the 2023 parade. Even more floats than anticipated, definitely world class. Great to see them drop a bit of money on the event this year seeing as WC was very much lacking for several years prior. Thanks tiaras1215 on YouTube for the footage! 

Curious to see the ice-skating rink if anyone has any photos/details ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kujotess said:

Curious to see the ice-skating rink if anyone has any photos/details ?

Don’t have any photos but similar to how Dreamworld does theirs for Winterfest. Probably the same external company.

It’s located in the Intercity/IT Maze space. Free during day trade, and they have extended it to Jan 29. $15 during White Christmas.

It’s great to see some investment in the event and the new floats are even more impressive in person.

Edited by Park Addict 93

in a way it feels like Village are taking Dreamworld’s investments and ongoing improvements seriously and i’m glad as they’re now stepping up their game.

Fright Nights was slightly improved this year, White Christmas is definitely improved, The New Atlantis Theming is phenomenal, and plus whatever else is coming.

It’s good to feel the competition arising again, instead of just having one superior and one lesser then.

• Like 1

those floats are really good, some things I noticed also:

- the soundtrack to the show is no longer as closely related to the floats as they go by, the additions seem to be existing WB properties and reused ones from the old show

- instead of the floats stopping by the roundabout and going back down one by one the mid and smaller size ones go down the sides at the same time

- the employees who walk in front of the floats now have cool little glow sticks to guide the float they're responsible for

- they dropped the dance sections for the parade (fun fact, when I did it they gave us a ticket per night for it) there only seemed to be three or four small groups of outsourced performers, probably from the same studio

• 2 weeks later...

We went last night and I am a little bit tired of the repetitive Village events but I was very pleased with the event last night. It is clear the attendance numbers are now capped at a much more reasonable level, meaning the crowds just aren't as big, making for a much more enjoyable experience. In the past at these events I would struggle to get 2/3 things done because by the time you eat and take a photo, the queues are too big, but we managed to eat, get lots of photos (Movieworld has really stepped up how many characters are out in main street), go on Hypercoaster at night, do some kids activities, see Rudolph in Roxy and enjoy the parade.

The parade floats are brilliant and the parade itself is wonderful, it shows the potential Village has when they really put in the effort. There have been some changes since last year and despite my hesitation I think it was probably the best evening event I have been at for years.

11 hours ago, Vidgamer said:

We went last night and I am a little bit tired of the repetitive Village events but I was very pleased with the event last night. It is clear the attendance numbers are now capped at a much more reasonable level, meaning the crowds just aren't as big, making for a much more enjoyable experience. In the past at these events I would struggle to get 2/3 things done because by the time you eat and take a photo, the queues are too big, but we managed to eat, get lots of photos (Movieworld has really stepped up how many characters are out in main street), go on Hypercoaster at night, do some kids activities, see Rudolph in Roxy and enjoy the parade.

The parade floats are brilliant and the parade itself is wonderful, it shows the potential Village has when they really put in the effort. There have been some changes since last year and despite my hesitation I think it was probably the best evening event I have been at for years.

Agreed with the capped numbers… it’s noticeably less attendance than previous years and absolute BLISS!

Nothing worse than trying to make your way down a stupidly jam packed Main Street, feels like you can actually breathe this year.

• 10 months later...

@kujotess was very organised and already made an event for this years White Christmas last year!

Jaggs Jounreys shared that as soon as FN decorations were taken down, White Christmas has been put up

IMG_0306.thumb.jpeg.ee3ab98d996ebe23cf02ab14bca7567f.jpeg

Tickets aren’t yet available and no changes have been made on the website for this years event, but I’d say we will see it go online before the end of the week 

24 minutes ago, kujotess said:

OT: other than the typo in my one post i’m confused at what you’re implying, i didn’t make this thread 

I’m implying that I skipped straight to page 2, saw your post was at the top of the page and thought you made the topic. When in fact @Rivals is the culprit

On 7/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, Rabbit2014 said:

Tickets for white Christmas now on sale, with updated website now live.
Entry tickets $59 for child $79 adult. Extras Santa photos $60, Mrs. Claus feast A$75 child $35, elf club $50

Tickets have gone up $10, with child entry $69 and adults entry $89. 

it might just be me, but $69-$89 for a 3hr event that’ll most likely be sold out and too busy to do anything is pretty wild. I also noticed Doomsday isn’t included in the ride line up, with it barely / not operating during Fright Night’s maybe they’ve given up trying to run it any longer then it’s current 11am-4pm operating schedule.

On 1/11/2023 at 6:11 PM, Rivals said:

it might just be me, but $69-$89 for a 3hr event that’ll most likely be sold out and too busy to do anything is pretty wild

It’s priced to sell One Passes, not individual tickets. If White Christmas and Carnivale cost >$80 each the One Pass looks like excellent value, especially for locals.

• 1 month later...

the quality of the event has definitely decreased significantly, you’d think that with them charging so much more then they use to the offering and overall event quality would be better then what it is. they just see it as another after park event that brings in even more money and they don’t really try to hide it.

• Like 1