Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

This area is wholly surrounded - between tiger island, the ToT building etc - the entire area is a construction site, so its probably not 'as' easy to get a random marketing person with a camera into all the various different angles, though granted MW even had a camera mounted on their crane. 

It's lower effort, but then, they probably can't afford the dedicated marketing team given their rides are actually running at the moment... ;)

• Like 4

On 19/05/2024 at 9:50 AM, ShakeShack said:

Would've been nice if we could see more than 3 shots from the same angle though. Give us that juicy BTS like what we saw with the Flash perhaps?

There's really not all that much to see, it's some pictures of the first pieces going in? The marketing team are probably playing the long game, you don't want to create too much hype too early or everyone will lose interest, smart if you ask me.

1 hour ago, New display name said:

I can't find one photo MW posted of the Flash, while the track was going up.  🤔   Care to share the post?

I was referencing the videos that were put out for the flash.

However if you're looking for track photos that aren't taken on an iPhone standing in the one spot, perhaps check the Oz BTS shots?

1 minute ago, ShakeShack said:

I was referencing the videos that were put out for the flash.

However if you're looking for track photos that aren't taken on an iPhone standing in the one spot, perhaps check the Oz BTS shots?

I'll re-frame my question.

I can't find one video MW posted of the Flash, while the track was going up.  🤔   Care to share the post?

12 minutes ago, New display name said:

I'll re-frame my question.

I can't find one video MW posted of the Flash, while the track was going up.  🤔   Care to share the post?

How do I spell it out easier for you, where did I reference footage of the track itself specifically going up for the flash? That's right I didn't....

I said it would be nice to see BTS stuff to the same quality, as a generalised statement. Do you understand?

2 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

How do I spell it out easier for you, where did I reference footage of the track itself specifically going up for the flash? That's right I didn't....

I said it would be nice to see BTS stuff to the same quality, as a generalised statement. Do you understand?

So you want DW to show you juicy pictures of the finished Jungle Coaster before it is finished. Got it.

14 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Where was this said? I'm confused by your constant dribble.

They’re trying to make the point that it’s unknown if Dreamworld are making, or will make, similar quality posts about the ride as those that MW made for Flash, as the time hasn’t come for those to be posted yet (Like, for example, a construction timelapse, footage of trains arriving/testing, etc).

Edited by Tricoart

You are comparing oranges with apples.  I'm trying to work out why you are not impressed by DW this time.  

A wise person once said this.  (like 19 mins ago in another topic) 

19 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Here's an idea, if you think you can do better, why don't you send your resume in? I'm sure they would appreciate your expertise in literally everything.

7 hours ago, Ogre said:

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_BzTlpKOqIF.thumb.jpg.f6242eeee224963a91c099d592a0b6a8.jpg

vlc_ZjkanLutYN.thumb.jpg.08d0bef68f18c4e2cf6f70e0cd05bee0.jpg

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_wkTCNCs9tx.thumb.jpg.b548103d1fb61d0937e5a26c49f03504.jpg

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_j3xXcX2JqQ.thumb.jpg.6b389ec885526975891c7359b929c599.jpg

saw your video this morning. theming looks good. Murrisippi motors is also coming along well. the website has not updated the reopening date for the ride, so vintage cars may possibly reopen one more time, but it is still debatable. overall i think dreamworld will definitely be able to bounce back with this. I have passes to both Dreamworld and Movieworld and Dreamworld is gaining visitors at a faster rate than MW. Overall I feel like more people are anticipating Rivertown than Wizard of Oz land, most likely due to the fact that Dreamworld has been doing more development than MW over recent years, with Movieworld's last Big development aside from Flash/Woz being DC Rivals (I may be mistaken though).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HarryHeHe8 said:

with Movieworld's last Big development aside from Flash/Woz being DC Rivals

One of the reasons for that I think is Village has to build projects for both Sea World and Movie World, while Coast just has Dreamworld. So the capex has to go to a SW Project, then a MW Project, then a SW Project, then a MW project etc. while Dreamworld can spend that time on 4 Dreamworld projects. Not being a Village fanboy but I think you have to look at Village as a whole compared to Dreamworld.

3 minutes ago, TBoy said:

I think you have to look at Village as a whole

But why?

They sell indivual tickets to each park, so they should all be for a good standard on their own.

If for example, Movie World was of world class theme park and everything about it was perfect (remeber this is hyperthetical), but Sea World, Wet 'n' Wild and Paradise Country were all awful, falling apart and had nothing to offer that doesn't mean it's okay because they are 'whole' because they all have the same owner.

Obviously that's exadurating things a little, but just because Village operate four parks doesn't mean they can all be mediocare because together that doesn't make them great.

In the case of Coast Entertainment, yes they have less properties/gates, but if DW was great and WWW was awful, that doesn't make it okay. Obiviosuly their main focus has been on DW to past few years, but that is their 'hero' park and it needed it. I'd hope from next year (once Rivertown is complete) they look back at WWW and expand the park so it's attraction count can have a good boost.

In both instances, the parent companies definitley shift their focus in investment year to year because they don't necessarily have the financies to invest into them all at once and that's okay (if they don't let the other parks fall in quality, while their main focus in on another park). Village for example spent 2016-2017 investing in MW (Doomsday & Rivals), their focus shifted to SW from 2019 to 2022 for The New Atlantis, and now it has shifted back to MW with Flash, Wizard of Oz, Scooby, etc. But I'd argue while they were focusing on SW, they lost sight of MW and it has shown, meaning they are now trying to play catch up.

46 minutes ago, themagician said:

But why?

They sell indivual tickets to each park, so they should all be for a good standard on their own.

If for example, Movie World was of world class theme park and everything about it was perfect (remeber this is hyperthetical), but Sea World, Wet 'n' Wild and Paradise Country were all awful, falling apart and had nothing to offer that doesn't mean it's okay because they are 'whole' because they all have the same owner.

Obviously that's exadurating things a little, but just because Village operate four parks doesn't mean they can all be mediocare because together that doesn't make them great.

In the case of Coast Entertainment, yes they have less properties/gates, but if DW was great and WWW was awful, that doesn't make it okay. Obiviosuly their main focus has been on DW to past few years, but that is their 'hero' park and it needed it. I'd hope from next year (once Rivertown is complete) they look back at WWW and expand the park so it's attraction count can have a good boost.

In both instances, the parent companies definitley shift their focus in investment year to year because they don't necessarily have the financies to invest into them all at once and that's okay (if they don't let the other parks fall in quality, while their main focus in on another park). Village for example spent 2016-2017 investing in MW (Doomsday & Rivals), their focus shifted to SW from 2019 to 2022 for The New Atlantis, and now it has shifted back to MW with Flash, Wizard of Oz, Scooby, etc. But I'd argue while they were focusing on SW, they lost sight of MW and it has shown, meaning they are now trying to play catch up.

That is definitely true. In this case however, I have been comparing DW and MW, not SW. I must agree on you though, as WWW needs new rides, and perhaps a redesign of fully 6 after the accident. With wedgie and the two main slides from fully 6 SBNO, there is a lot of potential for a new area. I personally feel that after the opening of Rivertown, the remaining thunderbolt plot should be given to WWW, and if that is not possible, then the old flowrider and trolls village site should become a part of WWW, as i don't see DW using the area again anytime soon. The only problem with that would be the location of the Gold Coaster's enterance. SW has been recieving some much needed TLC and is looking really good, however after WoZ is completed, Village should focus their attention on Wet'n'Wild, with the park loosing both SurfRider and Aqualoop within the past two years, they need to at least focus on cleaning up the park, as it is beginning to show it's age again. Overall I feel like Coast is doing a better job at balencing upkeep and developing than Village is.

After taking another look at the inclined turntable concept, it does seem like a clever design. By rotating the station upward at an angle, it allows trains to continuously load and dispatch without needing to stop and wait for the next train to clear the station first. This should help increase throughput and reduce wait times.

Edited by ThrillsThrillseeker

"Experience a different rollercoaster ride each day". Does this mean it's changed day to day and not just a random cycle each time you ride. or do they expect you to only ride once a day? 

34 minutes ago, REGIE said:

"Experience a different rollercoaster ride each day". Does this mean it's changed day to day and not just a random cycle each time you ride. or do they expect you to only ride once a day? 

I'm not sure, but what I think will happen is because of the turntable, the ride will end up in a different orientation when re-entering the station at the end of the ride, therefore having a different experience on the next cycle. If not that, then most likely it will have different planned cycles that it will cycle in between. At first you most likely will only be able to ride it once a day lol. the ride is by far one of the most anticipated in the history of dreamworld.