Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

4 minutes ago, rappa said:

I wouldn't take the turntable wording too literally... this could easily mean 'flip track' as well. 

My sketch is very crude, but essentially the train enters onto the yellow track, brakes hold it in place (when the train is on this track it’s either facing forwards or backwards depending on how the ride left the station), then the rotates on the top point axis and ends in the blue position. And this happens on an incline. The brakes then release and the train continues on its journey. So it isn’t a flip track and the track isn’t changing.

CEA90390-53AA-4FB6-B27D-EA183BD9FBC9.jpeg

• Like 2

This is the bit of the announcement that did look good. I have no idea how they're going to fit this in, and my concern is that the size of this coaster is not going to allow for anything else in there (F&B, retail etc.). Another concern is the price-tag, at $35M, that's more than Steel Taipan, a ride which has largely failed to drive gate to the level they had hoped for. Will lightning strike twice? I dunno, it's another large bet on a coaster - hopefully this time it pays off. I quite like the old school nods, the theming looks solid, again, do we need "storytelling" or do we need solid presentation like what Leviathan is getting? Keen to hear everyone's thoughts. Might be the park’s best new area since Dreamworks in 2012. 

Edited by Slick

This is a rough outline of the footprint that I think Rivertown will take up and it’s not that much area for the two attractions, so either I’m missing some land or they will be a lot more compact than I thought. For a comparison, Steel Taipan takes us around 12,000 sq metres. Based off the concept artwork, the lift hill and majority of the coaster will be around where TOT building was and then will extend towards the tavern taking the land of big red car ride. I’m then thinking the vintage cars will be alongside the train line using the land where the old Rivertown buildings are.

00D72912-42CD-4993-BB69-D9FD30137B22.jpeg

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

This is a rough outline of the footprint that I think Rivertown will take up and it’s not that much area for the two attractions, so either I’m missing some land or they will be a lot more compact than I thought. For a comparison, Steel Taipan takes us around 12,000 sq metres. Based off the concept artwork, the lift hill and majority of the coaster will be around where TOT building was and then will extend towards the tavern taking the land of big red car ride. I’m then thinking the vintage cars will be alongside the train line using the land where the old Rivertown buildings are.

00D72912-42CD-4993-BB69-D9FD30137B22.jpeg

Could part of the footprint go over the "river" and the island?

36 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

Gosh if it went into the island that would be phenomenal, you would have to imagine that Dreamworld is planning on adding some form of 3rd attraction to that themed land at some point as well, just because 2 rides in a themed land isn't lots.

Wild West Falls says hello.

Doomsday also waves hi.

It looks like it will be a really great family ride in the Jet Rescue range of thrill level.

Seeing mentioned above that Taipan hasn't been pulling them in, what went wrong? Is the DW brand still so tarnished people are staying away? I know I went on the last Saturday of NSW school holidays and DW was very quiet, and ST was mostly 15 mins (they were loading super slow).

3 minutes ago, downunder said:

It looks like it will be a really great family ride in the Jet Rescue range of thrill level.

I actually think it will be less of a thrill than MDMC. They described it as being a ride grandparents could ride with their young grandkids. So I’m expecting to be a similar thrill level to Big Thunder Mountain at Disney. 

12 minutes ago, downunder said:

Seeing mentioned above that Taipan hasn't been pulling them in, what went wrong? Is the DW brand still so tarnished people are staying away? I know I went on the last Saturday of NSW school holidays and DW was very quiet, and ST was mostly 15 mins (they were loading super slow).

I think the problem is what do you do when you get off ST.

A poor man's coaster?

Spin a spew?

What's stopping you from leaving the park besides ST.

The most time I spend in DW is a couple of hours and that wasn't the case in the past.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I actually think it will be less of a thrill than MDMC. They described it as being a ride grandparents could ride with their young grandkids. So I’m expecting to be a similar thrill level to Big Thunder Mountain at Disney. 

Speaking of, what's happening there? Is that being amalgamated into Rivertown proper or is that just being left as is?