The New Atlantis - Reviews & Reactions

themagician

I think perhaps if a ride is brand new you don't think to navigate through to the maintenance page.

A thoosie might since they know that sudden closures can happen.

But for a layperson, if the ride is promoted as open, you'd assume its open.

I recall when Lighting Rod was having problems they actually had a banner across the park home page saying what the status was that day (It had been closed for several days before my scheduled visit so it was right in your face that it was closed...and then the day before my visit it was working again, so I jumped for joy and jumped straight in the car and got there that afternoon)

Anyway, I think its a good way of doing it, since it makes it hard to miss and it's upfront.

image.thumb.png.c1d8d7a936ca4f6882619ca05d218519.png

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Naazon said:

That site linked earlier has it open, with a wait time.

Sea World Australia | Wait Times (queue-park.com)

image.thumb.png.15768d25e312619ea109f3733b0fb9c0.png

yeah i saw that, was just asking if anyone was down there and could confirm :)

im glad it didn’t take too much longer to commission the ride, atleast one of the 3 are open. 

10 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I recall when Lighting Rod was having problems they actually had a banner across the park home page saying what the status was that day (It had been closed for several days before my scheduled visit so it was right in your face that it was closed...and then the day before my visit it was working again, so I jumped for joy and jumped straight in the car and got there that afternoon)

Anyway, I think its a good way of doing it, since it makes it hard to miss and it's upfront.

That's the problem isn't it.

That only accounts for the people who go to the website before visiting on that day.

@Dean Barnett that's 2.

5 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Holy crap, it's just problem after problem. Maybe Leviathan really was sinking lol

The ride (by the looks of it) only finished commissioning yesterday as staff were finally able to ride as the park was closing. This is most likely another incident of extra testing and soft opening needed, you can’t test a ride to reach the minimum amount of hours needed then open it the next day for full day operations, the ride won’t be use to it. 

I don’t think we’ve ever seen a ride, let alone area opening this bad in Australia, the areas certainly starting off with a bad reputation.

5 minutes ago, Rivals said:

I don’t think we’ve ever seen a ride, let alone area opening this bad in Australia, the areas certainly starting off with a bad reputation.

You could probably expand that to globally... ever since Lightning rod - but atleast they were transparent... and it was a world first .. not 2 off the shelf flatrides and a pretty standard woodie.

Edited by Dean Barnett

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

Next you're going to tell us the ride has feelings.  😂

no cause that doesn’t actually make sense… you cant go from running a ride not on a daily basis, only doing a couple cycles with no one on it to suddenly running the ride normally when it’s never been opened to the public before, that’s why previews are on to help it get use to the routine, causing less technical issues once it’s actually opened. It operated for 45mins before breaking down, that proves it enough. 

Dear valued customers,

We at Sea World would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the ongoing delays and inconvenience caused by the closure of our new Atlantis precinct, including the highly anticipated Leviathan roller coaster, Trident, and Vortex attractions.

As you may know, the opening of these attractions has been delayed for over three years, and we understand that many of you have been eagerly anticipating their debut. We are truly sorry for the extended wait and for any disappointment that this may have caused.

Please be assured that the safety and satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and the decision to keep the Atlantis precinct closed was not made lightly. We have been working tirelessly to resolve the issues and get these attractions open as soon as possible, but unfortunately, the process has taken longer than anticipated.

We understand that this delay may have caused inconvenience and frustration, and we apologize wholeheartedly. We appreciate your patience and continued support of Sea World, and we assure you that we are doing everything in our power to get the Atlantis precinct open as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we encourage you to visit our other attractions and shows, and we thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely,

The Sea World team

• Like 1