The New Atlantis - Reviews & Reactions

themagician

37 minutes ago, themagician said:

Who on here has been able to ride Trident? What is your review and reactions to the ride?

Haven't ridden but from videos the dispatches are shocking.

All riders board, however the riders are only allowed to touch the lap bar. there’s only 2 staff on the ground and they have to do up the seat belt across the lap as well as the seat belt connecting the lap bar to the seat. With 39 seats / riders per ride it can take up to 10mins to just dispatch, is this normal procedure for other star flyers?

18 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I wouldn’t think they’d be doing peoples lap belts up as standard practice. 

the ride booth operator comes over the speakers and repeats multiple times for riders to not touch either seatbelts as the ride ops need to do it for them, so i’m assuming if the guests do it they have to just take it all out and do it themselves. 

On 10/12/2022 at 9:57 PM, Rivals said:

Haven't ridden but from videos the dispatches are shocking.

All riders board, however the riders are only allowed to touch the lap bar. there’s only 2 staff on the ground and they have to do up the seat belt across the lap as well as the seat belt connecting the lap bar to the seat. With 39 seats / riders per ride it can take up to 10mins to just dispatch, is this normal procedure for other star flyers?

We can probably do 4 cycles in about 10 minutes on ours, with a full ride of 24 people....

11 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

We can probably do 4 cycles in about 10 minutes on ours, with a full ride of 24 people....

I mean, Village operations are usually the butt of many a joke on here - but if you can load, cycle and unload a ride in 2:30, something is being compromised, and if it isn't safety, it's ride time. 

And if its a pay per play attraction, i'd like a lot more than 90 seconds from liftoff to touchdown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I mean, Village operations are usually the butt of many a joke on here - but if you can load, cycle and unload a ride in 2:30, something is being compromised, and if it isn't safety, it's ride time. 

And if its a pay per play attraction, i'd like a lot more than 90 seconds from liftoff to touchdown.

I read it as he can load and unload 4 cycles in 10mins because Rivals was only talking about the load/unload.🤷‍♀️

So here is a genuine question…

Given Village (or Dreamworld) don’t just invent painful load procedures and extensive safety systems for the fun of it; they jump through whatever hoops the government makes them. 

How do the carny operators get away with not doing half the safety stuff that the parks have to do?

7 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Don't see how safety would be an issue when a Sky Flyer is a simple attraction to load correctly when full, ours runs on an Auto program, obviously when busy and we're against closing times we have to cut down cycles, but other than that, you're getting around 3 minutes for a normal cycle, and trust me, that's more than enough.

1 hour ago, rappa said:

So here is a genuine question…

Given Village (or Dreamworld) don’t just invent painful load procedures and extensive safety systems for the fun of it; they jump through whatever hoops the government makes them. 

How do the carny operators get away with not doing half the safety stuff that the parks have to do?

There's nothing to get away with, the ride is being operated and loaded as per the manufacturers instructions. Safety is never compromised. I think its pretty standard that the parks have more steps when it comes to loading, its just how they operate overall. When a control panel is telling you the ride is safe and ready to operate, you operate the ride, it doesn't mean anything is being compromised. That statement isn't really fair when I operate our machines with care and I'm strict when it comes to loading also.

5 hours ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

So you guys don't do the ekka then? Since a 3 minute ride time is required?

We do, but the EKKA and other shows also understand that when it is insanely busy and you have a hard closing time, you need to get through people, that's just how it is unfortunately.

Edited by HussRainbow87

7 News also put another post up about the ride closures today.

BEF8D0F4-E806-49E4-9A45-5D37BF5D396C.thumb.jpeg.ed14a9834da0d4c1e15ed71333ca7a7a.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmDQVjeNNzC/?igshid=Nzg3NjI1NGI=

i’m glad to hear that my source was either wrong or the issues were resolved quicker then expected, the rides now expected to open early this week instead of late December / early January.

Edited by Rivals

17 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Don't see how safety would be an issue when a Sky Flyer is a simple attraction to load correctly when full, ours runs on an Auto program

Just to clarify, I was not ever suggesting that safety was being compromised - I was simply saying if it isn't safety, it's ride time - which you've also confirmed in your reply. 

So basically you give a lesser experience to make more money ensure everyone gets a ride.

Not all rides can run a shortened program - ghost trains for example take as long as they take - so how do they deal with long queues near closing?

16 hours ago, Rivals said:

7 News also put another post up about the ride closures today.

BEF8D0F4-E806-49E4-9A45-5D37BF5D396C.thumb.jpeg.ed14a9834da0d4c1e15ed71333ca7a7a.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmDQVjeNNzC/?igshid=Nzg3NjI1NGI=

i’m glad to hear that my source was either wrong or the issues were resolved quicker then expected, the rides now expected to open early this week instead of late December / early January.

SW might be taking the opportunity to address the stations preshow problems, but this is not why the ride is shut down.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Just to clarify, I was not ever suggesting that safety was being compromised - I was simply saying if it isn't safety, it's ride time - which you've also confirmed in your reply. 

So basically you give a lesser experience to make more money ensure everyone gets a ride.

Not all rides can run a shortened program - ghost trains for example take as long as they take - so how do they deal with long queues near closing?

Usually they would close earlier than the gate closure time. We usually have to do that with The Beast at Sydney to get through everyone before closing. The ride is essentially closed to new riders joining the queue and then we ride the line until the show closes.