You have to spend $100 million to change one Australian theme park. Which park would it be and how would you do it?

i2145

I would clear some of the land next to dreamworld and add a Hyper Hybrid RMC  If I had some left over a would also add a intamin log ride. As well as extra clean ups around the park.  But yes I would spend the money on dreamworld

Edited by REGIE

45 minutes ago, Noll_57 said:

I personally would want to help any of the smaller parks around the country to improve their experience/ride offering (Aussie World, Jambaroo, Funfields, Adventure Park, Outback Splash ect.) 

Same here. I would most likely do this:

Build a brand new theme park in northern Victoria near Bendigo. I feel like the north of Victoria needs one close to them (Bendigo, Shepparton, Echuca etc.) and that will solve it. The big difference would be that there would be no water/rides, just rides. Here are the list of rides:

• Main Street (includes shops, cafe, theater, gift shop) $7 million
  • Kids area (planes, carousel, kids coaster, kids droptower, mini car ride, kids ferris wheel, teacups) $15-20 million
  • SBF Droptower $5 million
  • Intamin Gyro Swing $5 million
  • Zamperla swinger (similar to Pandamonium) $9 million
  • Mack Rides coaster $30 million
  • Wood coaster $18 million
  • Wave Swinger $5 million

In total it would be an estimated $99 million, plus an extra million for advertising. What do you think?

Oh if you can make a new park I would start a park near Byron bay. Rides would be

Vekoma blitz coaster like Lech 20M - 25M

vekoma STC that wrapped around the park entrance. $??

Gravity Group clone of Wood Express 5M - 10M

a hand full of slides 15M

Larson arm drop tower 6M

skyline kiddy coaster $??

swinging ship 2M

one area themed to Italy another to 1950s California and one with a castle. I would put grassy areas around with tables and have lots of theming. 

Edited by REGIE

2 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Oh if you can make a new park I would start a park near Byron bay

The only problem is that Byron Bay is closer to WnW/MW/WWW/DW than Bendigo/Echuca etc. is to any of the parks. Its only an hour and 15 minutes from Byron to Dreamworld whnile it is nearly 2 hours from Bendigo to Funfields and 2.5 hours to Adventure Park/Gumbuya World.

1 hour ago, TBoy said:

Build a brand new theme park in northern Victoria near Bendigo. I feel like the north of Victoria needs one close to them (Bendigo, Shepparton, Echuca etc.) and that will solve it. The big difference would be that there would be no water/rides, just rides. Here are the list of rides:

• Main Street (includes shops, cafe, theater, gift shop) $7 million
  • Kids area (planes, carousel, kids coaster, kids droptower, mini car ride, kids ferris wheel, teacups) $15-20 million
  • SBF Droptower $5 million
  • Intamin Gyro Swing $5 million
  • Zamperla swinger (similar to Pandamonium) $9 million
  • Mack Rides coaster $30 million
  • Wood coaster $18 million
  • Wave Swinger $5 million

In total it would be an estimated $99 million, plus an extra million for advertising. What do you think?

Sounds good, you'll have lots of attractions for everyone while your starting out and then when you earn profit you could add more stuff. This is actually a really good idea

4 hours ago, TBoy said:

Build a brand new theme park in northern Victoria near Bendigo. I feel like the north of Victoria needs one close to them (Bendigo, Shepparton, Echuca etc.) and that will solve it. 

Victoria already has 4 theme parks, plus a bunch of theme park esque attractions such as Legoland Discovery Center, Fairy Park, Sovereign Hill and Kryal Castle. I’d say other states like South Australia that currently don’t have any theme parks are far more deserving of a new park than a state that already has a pretty thriving scene.

• Like 1

When looking at MovieWorld, removing the Supervillians Unleashed area would be a great start, it doesn’t fit in where it’s places.

In that spot would be the WoO area, i feel like it makes more sense in this area of the park. WoO would still include the two coasters and now a new intamin dome ride theatre in the soundstage that the showcase currently occupies. 

I’d then refurbish the Arkham Asylum area and make it a themed area instead of just a ride backdrop, this area would include a new RMC Joker Singer Rail (like the one they were allegedly interested in buying) and either a new flat ride or relocate DD to this area of the park. 

The rest of the money would be used for cosmetic refurbishments park wide (like replacing the stars surrounding the fountain as it’s looking tired) and a full refurb of SDSC, this would include re-doing the dark ride section back to its original form, track replacement in the disco room, and maybe a surprise or two at the end of the ride to replace that final dip as it is a bit painful (maybe a drop track?)

who even knows if this could all be done within the budget but the park would be in its best state imo.

I feel like of all the Aussie parks movieworld is the best off so seems like the money should be spent on a park having more trouble, Luna park Melbourne and dreamworld imo need the most help. Movieworld is making good money and is the most popular park in Australia it would be unfair giving them money that another park sorely needs.. but I think that would be the best thing movieworld could do and I actually really like that idea. Would love a scooby doo next next generation with out the horrid bumps at the end

Edited by REGIE

24 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

$100m on a second gate for Raging Waters is the obvious answer. Water + theme park combo for Raging Waters is honestly a no brainer and is practically a license to print money, you'd be drawing people in Western Sydney away from Luna Park.

If it was a licence to print money, it would have already been done. 

I think I would build a small indoor park in Adelaide, as it has a decent population and imo the Beach House in Glenelg just isn’t enough, as I’ve been and it is basically just a glorified fun Center. 

The Park’s rides:

- Buy SurfRider from village and have it put here

- A chance rides Hyper GTX; something like Lightning Run at Kentucky Kingdom cause it’s cheap, accessible for whole family and got good airtime

- A sally dark ride - something not too crazy yet fun like the ghost blasters rides in America 

- Larson Drop Tower (cause they are more thrilling and less pricey compared to S&S)

- Kids area with SBF visa spinner and buy leftover rides from Dreamworld kids area re-development 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aussie World 

-Top tier thrill coaster, either a GS eurofighter or RMC raptor 

- Quality family coaster, I know theres already going to be 2 of them in Australia but the Vekoma SFC would be a good fit. 

-Leaky Logs upgrade, maybe a couple of small slides

Any funds left to go into general improvements around the parks grounds and amenities 

Edited by Coasterjoe

A Lech coaster clone or something inspired by it would be good thrill coaster there. Maybe they should really go all out and do a Vekoma STC max thrill.  Why would you clone a coaster that’s already on the Gold Coast?  Maybe a family wooden coaster that’s less intense then Levi 

I personally think a Raptor would be an amazing fit for Aussie World, that way you've got a kiddie coaster, a family coaster and a thrill coaster. This would round it out pretty nicely tbh. Maybe then add one or 2 more flat rides that are thrilling as most of the flat rides are more family thrill (Dark Rebel, Redback, Mozzie Musta etc). 

If Sea World hadn't built Vortex, a Top Spin would have actually been pretty high on my list of rides that would suit the park but probably a smaller one built by Moser or similar as I don't think Aussie World would fill up a 40 seater ride very often. As far as Flat Rides go, I'd put in a proper drop tower (Maybe a S+S Combo drop to differentiate from Batwing or one of the Sky Jumps from Intamin). For a flat ride I'd go maybe one of the park model Mondial Top Scan's like Knotts has. However I'd have it run a halfway decent cycle at least. Could be themed to an Aussie Windmill or something lol.

• Like 1

Maybe a Larson drop tower. Cheaper and do the opposite of batwing. Launching you down instead. Unless maybe they went all out and got a S&S axis and got a S&S tower at the same time to try to get a deal.  Love everything else though good ideas. Even a swinging ship would be fun actually. 

On 10/1/2023 at 7:46 PM, REGIE said:

Maybe a Larson drop tower. Cheaper and do the opposite of batwing. Launching you down instead. Unless maybe they went all out and got a S&S axis and got a S&S tower at the same time to try to get a deal.  Love everything else though good ideas. Even a swinging ship would be fun actually. 

It's why I suggested a combo tower... the Larson one could be seen as the same as the Giant Drop. A S+S Combo does the space-shot mode and the drop tower in one. They also already have a swinging ship, although it's a pretty crappy one that used to be at Tops in Brisbane