Dreamworld’s Ocean Parade Expansion 2023

themagician

Serpent Slayer wasn’t operating this morning, but here’s a look at it

How awesome is this sign!

IMG_3467.thumb.jpeg.e7638a6b307c51e32f07d5d8b3904834.jpeg

As we know, Wild and Mild are the new style names

IMG_3466.thumb.jpeg.7f1ee4443a01b8a77ecdc624d1e20068.jpeg

The attraction is very blue. But I think they’ve pulled it off well.

IMG_5217.thumb.jpeg.8d4a6e0a98e241689edec11e8443e351.jpeg

It seems that they are now able to operate Wild and mild at the same time depending on queue lengths. Because of this, they’ve got the letters on the floor in preparation for loading. 
IMG_5218.thumb.jpeg.ebffe9c0f1b4775f912e111044c5c553.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Rivals said:

^if you don’t already you should really follow this guy, he posts so much content in terms of our parks construction updates and deserves more recognition :)

I think it is actually @Ogre on here who is the one doing the updates. And yes, he should be congratulated on his work.

• Like 3

Saw this this afternoon; Universal announcing new Dreamworks lands

New DreamWorks Themed Land Coming to Universal Studios Florida in 2024
Next year, Universal Orlando Resort will debut an all-new themed land inspired by DreamWorks Animations’ beloved collection of animated characters. Currently being developed in the former KidZone location of Universal Studios Florida, the new area will immerse guests of all ages in vibrant, family-friendly experiences that bring popular franchises like Shrek, Trolls and Kung Fu Panda to life in a whole new way – plus, guests can enjoy special meet-n-greets with these and other characters like Gabby from Gabby’s Dollhouse.

Seems to me like the loss of Dreamworks at Dreamworld was more from the point of Universal wanting it back rather than it being too expensive for Dreamworld.

1 hour ago, franky said:

Seems to me like the loss of Dreamworks at Dreamworld was more from the point of Universal wanting it back rather than it being too expensive for Dreamworld.

I don't think Dreamworld's licence would have affected the decision to green light the land or not at Universal.

Edited by Ogre
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I don't think Dreamworld's licence would have affected the decision to green light the land or not at Universal

I don’t think it affected it either, but what I think @franky might be saying is Universal wants Dreamworks exclusively at their parks, which means they want all the non-Universal parks to remove Dreamworks, including Dreamworld. Remember the deal was made before Dreamworks was bought by NBCUniversal (land opened in 2012, Dreamworks acquired in 2016).

A similar thing happened with Marvel, and all parks (excl. IOA) have removed or are removing the Marvel properties because Disney wants them exclusively at their parks, as well as Simpsons rumoured to being removed in 2028 at USH/USF at the end of the 20 year deal between Universal and Fox (similar scenario here)

And that is why I think Dreamworld were forced to go to non-IP/ABC Kids rides, because:

• Disney/Pixar/Fox rides are mostly at Disney, and will most likely not be going to third-party companies
  • Universal/Illumination/Dreamworks rides are mostly at Universal, and are being removed from third-parties (like with DW)
  • WB/Hanna-Barbera/Looney Tunes as well as Nickelodeon rides are at Village

So if you remove them, you basically have only Sony Animation. And even then, 2/3 highest of the grossing franchises (Spider-Verse, Smurfs, Hotel Transylvania) have seperate theme park rights. Add to that Peter Rabbit, Goosebumps, Angry Birds, Emoji Movie and Aardman theme park rights most likely owned by seperate companies, you basically only have Hotel Transylvania, Open Season, Surfs Up and the Netflix films.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m all for Dreamworld doubling down on Kenny & Belinda, partly for nostalgia reasons but also because it gives the park a unique personality that isn’t dependent on someone else’s brand.

That said, ABC Kids is also a great fit for the park. Hopefully that relationship continues long-term as well.

Edited by aaronm

Yeah that makes more sense, especially with the new Universal park in Texas that's 's apparently going to be Dreamworks focused.

There are still a few non Universal parks out there that have Dreamworks areas (Gardaland has Kung Fu Panda, Heide Park has How to Train Your Dragon, and of course the massive indoor land at MotionGate). Will be interesting to see if they follow suite!

I'm also happy with the Kenny focused direction over more external IP. Definitely makes it stand out compared to Movie World down the road. Mixes well with ABC and the Wiggles as it gives it that Aussie flair!