Rampage is Retiring at Adventure World

themagician

I would actually contend that the park needs 2 or 3 flat rides before another coaster.  With the removal of Rampage, this is even more urgent. Having 3 new signature flats is what is needed to balance this park out IMHO. Think a Zamperla Nebulaz, or a Zamperla Endeavour or a Zamperla Gryphon. Any of these would fit the bill. Then they can look towards their coaster options. Shame about Rampage ( she was fairly unique and this type of ride is getting rarer ) but a package deal with Zamperla for 3 of their best new additions would be the best annoucement the park could make to dull the disappointment of losing the Rampage. Just do not take too long to make the replacement's announcement!

14 hours ago, Jobe said:

I would actually contend that the park needs 2 or 3 flat rides before another coaster.  With the removal of Rampage, this is even more urgent. Having 3 new signature flats is what is needed to balance this park out IMHO. Think a Zamperla Nebulaz, or a Zamperla Endeavour or a Zamperla Gryphon. Any of these would fit the bill. Then they can look towards their coaster options. Shame about Rampage ( she was fairly unique and this type of ride is getting rarer ) but a package deal with Zamperla for 3 of their best new additions would be the best annoucement the park could make to dull the disappointment of losing the Rampage. Just do not take too long to make the replacement's announcement!

Those flats look really good.  The 3rd one might be a bit similar to the 2nd one but the first 2 would be sick there. The 3rd one would be too though

I personally hope it is replaced by another top spin in the same location and named "Rampage II". Retain the theming but change the ride and name. But to be honest it is probably going to be replaced by the same thing as Wipeout (shaded seating)

Another thing I would like is a well themed family coaster in the park. Possibly a Wild Mouse near the front of the park. Hopefully not a Vekoma SFC450 though as 2 other parks are already getting one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

how about a Sky Rocket II? It would be able to fit anywhere and it would be a pretty nice fit and change their skyline drastically.

i would love to see 2 flats, a major thrill coaster and a family coaster within the parks near future.

A park the size of Adventure World doesn't need another big coaster. They need a legit family coaster because at the moment there's nothing between Abyss (major thrill) and Dragon Express (kiddie) - a nice spinner or a drop track coaster would be appreciated in the spot the castle & paddle boat lake used to take up

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 2

On 09/04/2023 at 12:58 PM, Baconjack said:

A star flyer would be a very solid ride at that park. Imagine the views if you put it at the hill where the drop tower sits.

How windy does it get there? that's probably the first thing a park should check before considering a flyer...

12 hours ago, REGIE said:

But since they are All the way out there thrill coasters would definitely make the park more appealing to overseas and out of state tourists. Thrill rides drive gate.

I don't think so. AW isn't in a position where a single coaster is going to see a mass influx of out of town visitors just to ride it. Enthusiasts alone wouldn't bump their attendance numbers that much. What they need is a better rounded lineup that will keep the locals coming back as the locals are really what lets that park survive. 

On 11/04/2023 at 9:34 PM, REGIE said:

Thrill rides drive gate.

False. @DaptoFunlandGuy took the words out of my mouth. You grow attendance by catering to the families, as they bring the numbers and spend the money on passes, merch, food and so on. Meet that market as your base, and you've got the overhead to invest in bigger, more thrilling rides.

Both answers are right. At the most fundamental level, IAAPA has a lot of research to show that major roller-coasters are the single biggest revenue and attendance drivers. But as we all know, folks don't buy a day ticket to ride the new roller-coaster once and immediately leave. New capital expenditure only succeeds by getting the attraction mix right and ensuring a solid day experience for multiple audiences (which is why Sea World course corrected its mix with Atlantis).

5 hours ago, Slick said:

Both answers are right. At the most fundamental level, IAAPA has a lot of research to show that major roller-coasters are the single biggest revenue and attendance drivers. But as we all know, folks don't buy a day ticket to ride the new roller-coaster once and immediately leave. New capital expenditure only succeeds by getting the attraction mix right and ensuring a solid day experience for multiple audiences (which is why Sea World course corrected its mix with Atlantis).

Fair. Do you have links to any of the IAAPA research? I'd be interested to read into it.

My thoughts on a Replacement or a flat ride that would do really well at the park is a Gerlsaur Sky roller, In 20 years Rampage hasn't even hit 1 million rides. Its a very unpopular ride cos its just so intense. Something like a sky roller that can be intense or gentle will be perfect for thrill seekers and families in my Opinion. 

Curious to hear other people's thoughts?SR_Layout_24_c.jpg

• Like 1

I think the reason they recycled the bounty ship is because it fits in with the theme of the nautical area by itself.

But the rampage gondola doesnt really fit in with a theme, it will still look like part of a ride.

I agree that an intermediate family coaster is what the park needs to round it out. Would have said a family shuttle but everyone has these now right?

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 7:08 AM, Gazza said:

Does AW need 2 coasters with "steeper than vertical drops" and small cars?

What about a more different type of ride?

You’re right. I didn’t consider the already-existing rides when suggesting an El Loco. Although, a Sky Rocket II could work out? Still, in the same spot where bounty was, so just near the entrance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 7:20 PM, Baconjack said:

A park the size of Adventure World doesn't need another big coaster. They need a legit family coaster because at the moment there's nothing between Abyss (major thrill) and Dragon Express (kiddie) - a nice spinner or a drop track coaster would be appreciated in the spot the castle & paddle boat lake used to take up

I would actually love to see a nicely-themed family spinning-coaster, similar to BGT’s placed in that location. Would surely be enough space for a ride that type