Dreamworld Flyer

TBoy

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I don't want to start a back and forth that lasts 6 pages - but you did say "this is why" it won't ever be a "Great theme park" so while you didn't say it was shit.... what did you mean?

It takes attention to detail for a theme park to be great.  Yea, the attraction will look good when when finished but DW didn't take the opportunity to make it great.   Plastic lid or an infill skimmer lid?  Not expensive but looks 100 times better.   DW went the Coomera public pool option.

image.thumb.png.be602db371f9f689a24ac3e760aaf381.png

This ⬇️

Half the floor and show me the water, so not only are you saving money on building the floor, it looks 100 times better, and you can still run the water feature.

393823393_1062659414912279_4759133699646314947_n.thumb.jpg.d4c8effa01f148221ae2cd5dd35a1b3f.jpg

Another example -

Seabed Spash a good attraction but not a great attraction because ⬇️

An interactive screen people can see.

A voice changer for Captain Cal Amari so when the janitor gets a turn to operate Cal.  Cal doesn't sound like he had a hard night on the town.

1 hour ago, jjuttup said:

Not everything needs spinning and/or backwards cars.

You're right, but MDMC's layout is (IMO) only enjoyable because of the rider position. If it were a traditional sit-down car it would be (other than the launch) quite a boring ride. The current trains are very unaccommodating - as is evidenced by the number of times an operator spiels about the restraints. Even Jet Rescue's style of restraint system would be preferable, and far more accommodating, and you could quite easily still keep the motorbike theme with that style of restraint.

But if you're going to change it then the possibility of changing the theme as well as the car opens up, so you could consider a spinner or something else to make it unique \ stand out. Being so close to new rivertown gives you the opportunity to fix the glaring oddity that is a motorsport themed ride in the middle of bushland by a river.

5 minutes ago, New display name said:

It takes attention to detail for a theme park to be great.  Yea, the attraction will look good when when finished but DW didn't take the opportunity to make it great.   Plastic lid or an infill skimmer lid?  Not expensive but looks 100 times better.   DW went the Coomera public pool option.

image.thumb.png.be602db371f9f689a24ac3e760aaf381.png

This ⬇️

Half the floor and show me the water, so not only are you saving money on building the floor, it looks 100 times better, and you can still run the water feature.

393823393_1062659414912279_4759133699646314947_n.thumb.jpg.d4c8effa01f148221ae2cd5dd35a1b3f.jpg

Another example -

Seabed Spash a good attraction but not a great attraction because ⬇️

An interactive screen people can see.

A voice changer for Captain Cal Amari so when the janitor gets a turn to operate Cal.  Cal doesn't sound like he had a hard night on the town.

All fair points, but it hardly justifies 'will never be' in the scheme of things. We've seen the financials. We know they're doing things on a shoestring budget so certain things have to compromise. there are things they can fix later on when they're doing better but they're just wasteful in their current financial situation.

• Like 1

No they don't but coasters should be comfortable. In the past 16 years they have designed plenty more family launch coasters, all which much better trains. So unless there is track profiling reasons for not change the ride vehciles, they absoltuley change them. And while they are at it, give the track a fresh new colour scheme and theme.

• Like 3

In this case, it's the only thing that would make that track layout enjoyable.

26 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

All fair points, but it hardly justifies 'will never be' in the scheme of things. We've seen the financials. We know they're doing things on a shoestring budget so certain things have to compromise. there are things they can fix later on when they're doing better but they're just wasteful in their current financial situation.

The reason why, all my points are about, attention to detail and not about spending big money. 

2 minutes ago, aaronm said:

I know it's not finished but that metal mesh is nasty, hopefully the completed ride looks a little less industrial. Seems like there's plenty of space outside of the ride load area so it's weird to cover the entire 'pool'.

Welcome to the winning team.  //s

Hopefully DW have something planed to hide the nasty.

6 minutes ago, aaronm said:

I know it's not finished but that metal mesh is nasty, hopefully the completed ride looks a little less industrial. Seems like there's plenty of space outside of the ride load area so it's weird to cover the entire 'pool'.

If they didn't cover the entire 'pool' they would need to have a fence to stop people from falling in. Which isn't possible because of the style of ride. And if they want to have water, they need to have some sort of access platform to get to the ride. And if they want fountains, they need a platform like the one they've used. 

It will be interesting to see if they have the fountains on a low bubble mode when the ride is in load/unload mode (I'm doubtfull of this due to a few reasons). I do hope the fountains are impressive and essentially hide this entire platform when the ride is operating, because they will certainly look impressive, especially during the night markets. 

I've been looking at photos of Wellenflug in Phantasialand trying to work out how they've done it. Has anyone been to that park and seen how it operates?

3 minutes ago, themagician said:

I've been looking at photos of Wellenflug in Phantasialand trying to work out how they've done it. Has anyone been to that park and seen how it operates?

I’ve been on it, the ride platform is only as big as necessary to load/unload the ride. The water is fairly shallow and they basically operate on the assumption nobody would be dumb enough to step in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aaronm said:

they basically operate on the assumption nobody would be dumb enough to step in. 

Europe also allows a Tagada. So take from that what you will. 

It might be overkill, but i'm all for Dreamworld "erring on the side of caution" where a risk of fall or injury is possible. In case anyone missed it, yesterday was the anniversary of the TRRR incident. You don't need to be 'dumb' to step into the water, you can simply be enjoying your day and oblivious to the risks around you. Also falling onto a bunch (I heard 600?) of water fountain nozzles sounds like it would hurt.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

If they didn't cover the entire 'pool' they would need to have a fence to stop people from falling in. Which isn't possible because of the style of ride. And if they want to have water, they need to have some sort of access platform to get to the ride. And if they want fountains, they need a platform like the one they've used.

I'm not asking for the whole pool to have no floor over it because around 60% of the pool is enclosed with buildings but where it opens up to the public, half the mesh floor should have been removed.⬇️

2.thumb.jpg.e67c4383803282922c9c6f77e05b9e07.jpg

As for the fence.  You only need 1150 from the concrete pad to have leg clearance over the fence.  The mesh floor measures 5m in width.  

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.thumb.JPG.baa4400f7e910c42554f1c42529af03d.JPG

And don't forget.  You can lift the chairs at the start of the ride to clear any fences.

Edited by New display name
  • Love it! 1

19 hours ago, New display name said:

I'm not asking for the whole pool to have no floor over it because around 60% of the pool is enclosed with buildings but where it opens up to the public, half the mesh floor should have been removed.

2.thumb.jpg.e67c4383803282922c9c6f77e05b9e07.jpg

And while I agree that showing more water would be better, I feel like it would just leave you thinking (not you specifically, just in general) why isn’t there even more. And to have this, I’m sure from a certification perspective you’d need a fence and I feel that would just look more out of place and potentially worse. Yes there’s already a perimeter fence, but that’s following the radius that’s already being created. 

For all we know, when the ride is in load/unload mode, they may still have some fountains bubbling and depending on how powerful they are, they may hide this floor pretty well and give the illusion there’s a lot more water

20 hours ago, New display name said:

And don't forget.  You can lift the chairs at the start of the ride to clear any fences.

Do you notice how, even though they lift the chairs at the start, the fence surrounding the ride is actually level with the ride platform? it doesn't stick up above the level the ride parks at?

Video captures amusement ride collapsing in Russia (nypost.com)

There's a pretty good reason why these rides have a completely cleared footprint the entire length of the swing radius

• Gazza changed the title to Dreamworld Flyer Construction Updates 2023
  • Gazza changed the title to Dreamworld Flyer