Superman Escape Loose Items

bern1992

Hmmm. If anyone had a real problem about it they would be on the phone to Movie World seeking a direct response to their complaint - For all your sake I hope someone from MW management reads this topic so all your opinions actually go noticed.

When I did not receive a response to the original complaint I did send a quick email and got a form response... I had no problem with the $1 Hire nor do I take issue with them requiring lockers for SE and GLI really do not see how this price increase can be justified other than revenue raising. Whilst I can certainly see why from a business sense park entry is so cheap I would prefer to pay $200 a year for the three parks with $1 locker hire.

I think whats annoying is that you pay a gate fee that entitles you to ride all the rides and then they have almost found a way to "charge" you to ride the ride with the lockers. The 100% increase is a punch in the face. Parks all over the world dont have to use this system. Universal, Disney, many Six Flags, Canadas wonderland, American Seaworld and many many other places I have been I have never had to use a locker, not once. And I was solo in all these parks with noone to hold anything for me.

Edited by MacPark

Hmmm. If anyone had a real problem about it they would be on the phone to Movie World seeking a direct response to their complaint - For all your sake I hope someone from MW management reads this topic so all your opinions actually go noticed.

I am interested in taking this up with Movie World. What I am trying to garner before I do is whether there is evidence that they are operating in a manner that contradicts any advertisements or statements that they make. I have done some searching but haven't been able to find on the websites what your admission includes. Does anyone still have their VIP pass letters? I'd like to reread one of them.

Safely got through the no loose items rule with my money belt underneath my clothes, I had 2 park maps in a velcro pocket on the inside of my closed jacket and the attendant at the start of the line forced me to get rid of them when I claimed they were all I had, honestly? I really couldn't believe that. It's completely ridiculous, I saw the girl staring at people's pants to catch out wallets, that's just plain wrong, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from putting goddamn boxes for your stuff and having one load dock for entry and exit. There were lots of angry people because the wait time was quoted as 1 hour, which meant people had to spend even more than $2 to rent lockers. I'm heading to guest services next visit to complain about it.

Edited by BemaniAK

Regarding the $2 lockers (and needing more if you go over a hour), they will still open ONCE if you do exceed the hour in order to get your stuff out. It won't shut and open again. And, if it doesn't open after the hour (which it will), you can just contact Guest Services. Note to open it after the hour, you have to select the 'end locker hire' and not the 'keep hire'.

Regarding the $2 lockers (and needing more if you go over a hour), they will still open ONCE if you do exceed the hour in order to get your stuff out. It won't shut and open again. And, if it doesn't open after the hour (which it will), you can just contact Guest Services. Note to open it after the hour, you have to select the 'end locker hire' and not the 'keep hire'.

thats great, It still doesnt make it right to charge people.

You can certainly reopen the superman lockers. And can we stop beating a dead horse here? They are charge lockers, have been for over 6 years so who gives a shit??? Really

It's really not the lockers any more, IMO, it's the fact that they pay someone to force guests to throw away park maps secured in Velcro pockets (And other similar cases) that really grinds people's gears. I knew about the loose items rule, I knew that unsecured loose items are very likely to be thrown off the ride, that's why I as a smart guest secured all my belongings in a flat money pouch, the same as I did 5 years ago with no issues from the attendant, however had I not concealed that pouch underneath my jacket the attendant still would have forced me to pay for a locker or leave the ride, lockers aren't a problem, greedy policies, however, are. Edited by BemaniAK

Guests aren't smart - hence the rule and for the rule to work it needs to be blanket and without exception, otherwise where is the line drawn? Zips, Velcro, Buttons?? The rule is in place and it applies to everyone, if you tried to avoid following the rule and were caught out, that's your own fault. In regards to the provision of paid lockers provided for guests to adhere to the rule, it's unlikely to change. Although there are plenty of satisfactory free solutions, they choose to go down the path of charging for lockers when the ride first opened. Which brings us to the current decision to now charge $2 instead of $1. This is pretty low in my opinion and will ultimately take away from guests overall impression of their trip, doing more damage than the increase in profits are worth! Charge an extra $10 for the locals pass instead. I think it less negative to do that, than hit up guests $2 a pop to ride superman. But hey, maybe I'm just the exception and the average goest doesn't care about paying $2 for a locker while riding... Jay

I could be wrong but I don't recall the policy ever changing for Superman Escape. You can't have items in your pockets and you can't carry loose items on the ride (bags, sunglasses etc) They put someone at the entry telling people that, it gets mentioned every 3 or 4 minutes in the queue video and every 5 or 6 in the voiceover and still people are surprised or upset when they get to the front of the queue and a staff member looks out for items in pockets and pulls people up if they have something in their pocket?! Guests aren't smart....even with rules explained over and over again they have trouble...so while a fully zippered pocket with paper in it may be safe, it's not something that a ride restriction can be based on considering the trouble that the general public has with the simple rules in place now? Additionally it's not something that easily enforced or checked. Who make the call on if a pocket it secured and what is safe to be in it?? Which is why the restrictions in place as they are...not just to piss people off. Charging $2 for a locker however..... Jay

I could be wrong but I don't recall the policy ever changing for Superman Escape. You can't have items in your pockets and you can't carry loose items on the ride (bags, sunglasses etc)

As I said, flat money pouch 5 years ago, showed to the assistant at the front of the line was fine, but I had to pretend to put it in a locker whilst hiding it under my jacket this time.