2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

The theme from the video reminds me of a saw blade or some machinery.

I think you're right...Dreamworld recently registered the name Buzzsaw, so 99% sure that's the name of the new coaster: post-88-0-07334900-1310027522_thumb.jpg http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon_details.show_tm_details?p_tm_number=1419020&p_search_no=4&p_ExtDisp=D&p_detail=DETAILED&p_rec_no=168&p_rec_all=169

Word: BUZZSAW Image: Lodgement Date: 08-APR-2011 Class/es: 16, 25, 35, 41 Status: Indexing Approved Kind: n/a Type of Mark: Word Owner/s: The Trust Company Limited as custodian of Ardent Leisure Trust ACN: 004027749 Level 15 20 Bond Street SYDNEY NSW 2000 AUSTRALIA Address for Service: Ardent Leisure Limited Level 16 61 Lavender Street MILSONS POINT NSW 2061 AUSTRALIA Goods & Services Class: 16 Tickets; advertising material being printed matter; advertising posters; advertising publications; printed publications relating to leisure; souvenir plastic bags; souvenir posters Class: 25 Clothing; apparel (clothing, footwear, headgear); footwear Class: 35 Retail services; retailing of goods (by any means); advertising; advertising services provided by television; advertising services provided over the Internet; billboard advertising; dissemination of advertising material; production of advertising material Class: 41 Amusement rides; amusement services; leisure park services; provision of facilities for recreation; recreation services History Opposition Indexing Details - Word Constituents BUZZSAW

You saw it first here on Parkz! (I'd hope any other sites passing on this news would attribute the original source appropriately, your conscience guys...should be a good little test) Edited by Gazza

Coincidently enough the name Buzzsaw is on Noel Dempsey's LinkedIn profile. "Attraction investment of over $17m across 3 years ( Shockwave , SpongeBob Kit Flyer, Alien vs Predator, Buzzsaw thrill ride (opening Sept 2011) , Exotic species display , all weather 400pax stadium , 3D digital cinema , Wedgie water ride" Also... may as well confirm Dreamworks right now... "Negotiation of new entertainment partnership with Dreamworks Animation ( due to open Dec 2011 )"

Edited by Spotty

I just noticed that on Dreamworld's website, Shockwave is listed with the big six thrill rides and family rides. Also it would be nice if Dreamworld saved up about $15 million with the money they saved from building small attractions. That the new CEO could talk everyone into buying a B&M Invert (Silver Bullet at Knott's Berry Farm cost about $16 Million). Just hopeful thinking.

The Aussie market is just BEGGING for someone to build a BIG full circuit coaster. Whether it be a hyper, invert, Dive Machine or Flyer. A Tatsu clone would smash the thrill market wide open in this country. Just needs the financial commitment from one park. I still say standup but that won't happen I feel

I honestly reckon If I were going for a B&M here a wing coaster would be the way to go...it's kinda an invert, kinda a floorless, has wide trains like a dive machine, and just looks darn cool all around. It's recently come out that Dollywood are building a 220 ft version at the moment....I reckon it's going to be a very popular model in future years.

The Aussie market is just BEGGING for someone to build a BIG full circuit coaster. Whether it be a hyper, invert, Dive Machine or Flyer. A Tatsu clone would smash the thrill market wide open in this country. Just needs the financial commitment from one park. I still say standup but that won't happen I feel

Maybe we should all spam Six Flags and Cedar park amusements to see if they can buy DW :P Also, standup isn't really that great IMO, would much prefer a flying coaster

AGREED, and that's why I say a standup would have the most impact with the australian audience. But a flyer would kick but as well. I agree Gazza, that would be another great coaster, and their recent installation shows they can have a great layout too.

AGREED, and that's why I say a standup would have the most impact with the australian audience. But a flyer would kick but as well. I agree Gazza, that would be another great coaster, and their recent installation shows they can have a great layout too.

I think a flying coaster would really 'take off' in the Australian market ('scuse the pun)

Fixed. But yeah, that pic is from www.nearmap.com ... Better than Google Because they update their Australian images about every 2 months.

Oops, sorry themeparkgc. :rolleyes: Well spotted on the supports, I agree it looks like the XT150 is the likely model here. There go my hopes of some extra elements :( Yeah I will check nearmaps out, google earth has such old images whenever I look at theme parks.

Oops, sorry themeparkgc. :rolleyes: Well spotted on the supports, I agree it looks like the XT150 is the likely model here. There go my hopes of some extra elements :( Yeah I will check nearmaps out, google earth has such old images whenever I look at theme parks.

If this is true and we are only getting the basic Skyloop, then this is a tad disappointing!!! Some extra elements or custom designed features to set it apart from the basic incarnation would have been most welcome. Dreamworld have opted for the cheapest option!!