Green Lantern Coaster

joz

Far right side seems to be the most popular, unfortunately my friend got that spot. He said being on the edge on the outwards turn is terrifying. TBH, any seat in the front row is amazing.

I was in the middle back the first time and then the middle front the second time. Middle back was a little underwhelming tbh but the front makes so much more of a difference. Next time I go I'll have to try and get on the front right.

little bit of both i think. The visuals for the drop etc are half the fun. When I heard the rear seats were elevated, I thought it a great idea - but they don't seem elevated enough to be worth it. Don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking the coaster, the park, or the management decision - i just expected it to be higher - kind of like "stadium seating" in a theatre.

• 4 weeks later...

A little update from today's visit. -The themed bit of the queue has a roof, similar in shape to the station roof, but with black shadecloth. -Parallax's audio loops far less often. Previously it was once every 10 secs, but it is now significantly longer...If the ride is a walkon (as it was today) you should only hear him once. -4 Cars running, pretty quick operations these days, -The main retarding brake run has been modified, with more brake fins but no pinch brakes, so no need to brace anymore. -I got audio on 1 out of 2 rides. The big positive is that it seems much louder, to the point that you can still hear it when engaging at the bottom of the lift.

A little update from today's visit. -The themed bit of the queue has a roof, similar in shape to the station roof, but with black shadecloth. -Parallax's audio loops far less often. Previously it was once every 10 secs, but it is now significantly longer...If the ride is a walkon (as it was today) you should only hear him once. -4 Cars running, pretty quick operations these days, -The main retarding brake run has been modified, with more brake fins but no pinch brakes, so no need to brace anymore. -I got audio on 1 out of 2 rides. The big positive is that it seems much louder, to the point that you can still hear it when engaging at the bottom of the lift.

Glad to hear they have fixed up the rough braking and also added the shade structure. In regards to audio on the cars, I have a funny feeling that it won't be much longer before there is no audio at all. I can just see it being something they let go if it gives them too much trouble, unfortunately

i want on this ride a week ago it's pretty boring they ruin it by slowing the car down too much it could have been a great ride if it went faster. when i visit again i'll prob be choosing this as the last ride on go on.

I agree the car slows too much, It really doesnt have a great feeling of speed or flowing. The only real good parts are when you are upside down. Its a shame.

i want on this ride a week ago it's pretty boring they ruin it by slowing the car down too much it could have been a great ride if it went faster. when i visit again i'll prob be choosing this as the last ride on go on.

We have a GP member on Parkz :/

I don't think it's at all correct to say its boring. It's not as thrilling as Superman but is it meant to be? It's a great ride (in the front I'll give you that) with some great elemens. Everyone entitled to their own opinion but I don't think this one is a very accurate represention of the ride. I doubt very much the audio will be let go, it's a solid state system and there isn't a lot to 'let go'. But it's plausible it may not trigger on occasion. Most rides with untethered on board audio are all the same.

We have a GP member on Parkz :/

This is a comment I always take issue with!! Unless you are a park employee or ride contractor/manufacturer EVERYONE is general public. Self proclaimed enthusiast or not, you're still general public. Simple, if you use the main gate when entering a park you are GP. It is well known there are staff and insiders on parkz but they also post here as personal opinion so even then they are really GP here. I just hate it when people talk 'above' other people.

Re the ride slowing down, well, that's the tradeoff of the el loco. You can't do crazy stuff like outward banked turns or longer sections of track that hold you upside down at high speed, simple physics. The whole ride is basically designed around its narrow footprint, in other words, those U turns. When you ride a ZacSpin, its exactly the same thing. It has brakes all the way through, and comes to a near stop halfway, but it makes up for it with sharp turnings and other intense movements. If GL were to have free flowing high speed all the way through, then you'd be looking at another model of coaster.

Edited by Gazza