What rides have you gotten stuck on, or have seen broken down?

Jacko

I would have thought the counter weight on pandamonium would avoid the ability for it to get stuck upside down. Obviously not. I've had a failed launch on superman, after the click prior to launch, we eased forward about a metre and just sat there for about a minute before we launched, at what seemed much faster than the usual launch

I would have thought the counter weight on pandamonium would avoid the ability for it to get stuck upside down. Obviously not.

I'm pretty sure, since Pandamonium doesn't 'free spin' like say - the old pirate ship - that the drive is a geared one - therefore if the drive failed stopped seized, it would hold in position, wouldn't it?

Wow... Do you know how long the riders were stuck for on The Pandamonium? Really scary stuff.

Not sure. I just left the Tower of Terror after having to leave the Claw line (which I was right in front of) after the floor wouldn't come up and saw a security guard and first aid officer. I didn't know what was going on, I went through Kung Fu Panda land and when then I noticed that Pandamodum had all carriages on the ground except that one with people stuck upside down. I was about to make a video of it but it then got flipped around and returned to the ground. That would be so awful you think it would have a fail safe. I don't think any over rides can be stuck upside down.

When I returned to The Claw the riders were still stuck on that as well. I never got a final ride but was very close to being stuck on it. At least they weren't upside down.

post-29205-0-33079600-1385513648_thumb.j

Edited by Gary86

The Mummy at Universal orlando, stopped near the start for me so was one of the last cars attended to but got to see alot as all the lights came on

Muke and I also got stuck on this ride for about 90 minutes. As we entered the room where you start going backwards thelights all went off. We went backwards very slowly and ended up vallying not too far afterwards. The attendants were great and kept us entertained showing us how the ride used to be King Kong and how parts of King Kong were still up in the roof.

• 9 months later...

Here are the rides that I have been stuck on

Storm Coaster: Don't know why the ride became stuck but we were there for a long time before we evacuated

Bermuda Triangle: Stuck up the final hill and was evacuated

Scooby Doo: Can't remember why we the ride got stuck but we were evacuated.

Pandamonium: My Harness failed to open so I had to sit on the ride for 10 mins before they let me out

Alice in Wonderland (Disneyland) Stuck where the cards scence was and stuck for 20 before we went though the backstage area

Splash Mountain (Disneyland) Stuck at the main hill near the main drop (Stuck for 20 mins)

Wipeout: Stuck in mid air for 20 mins then they restared the ride for us

Zombie Evilution: I wouldn't call this a break down but there were times where they have had stop the game for some reasons (don't know why) They restarted our game again making us having a 15 mintue game instead of having a 5 minute game!

Hey guys so this is my first post!

Anyway I was at Dreamworld in September this year and was on The Claw and so the ride started to spin but the swinging didn't activate so we just went around in circles twice and then they stopped it and let us off. After about 5 minutes they figured out what was wrong and let us back on and it was working again for the rest of the day. :)

In my ride experience i have only encountered two ride malfunctions:

1. Claw: Apparently one of the bearings in the motor above had snapped and one still remained. The bearing broke near the end of scream world so the ride was operational till the next day for repairs. Anyway, the operator reset the ride everything was fine just the usual harness difficulty, we were the next load on after it had broken down. All was normal in the loading station however we were not allowed to swing our legs because it might have put the other bearing out of alignment. Well that is what the operator said at least. The programme started, but swung faster, quicker, higher and a heck of a lot longer (time wise). We did manage to get off safe, but i have to admit for a ride that i never usually freak out on i was freaking scared.

2. Green lantern: Nothing major, GL at Movieworld had a minor breakdown, as usual the line was very long and the operators were just pumping through the loads. we were at the second set of break lines when we stopped. We were sitting there for at least five minutes. After that the rest of the ride was completely normal, we did not actually find out what happened but i just assumed that the ride software/technical side could not keep with the physical part of the ride. Which could have lead to an automatic e-stop?

At Dreamworld today I saw some people stuck upside down on the Pandamodum. A security guard and first aid team member rushed to the scene. Also at the same time the floor would not come up on the Claw and people were stuck after the ride. I was next in line but missed out due to the breakdown. Seriously 2 rides broken down at the same time. And the Claw just came out of maintenance. I think I won't return to Dreamworld for a very long time!

Last night at Screamworld there were 2 power outages which forced Tailspin, Skadoosh and The Claw to close for a small period of time (although Tailspin didn't open again). Maybe there was another power outage which caused them to stop.

EDIT: Just realised the date.... still a possibility though :P

Edited by downunder196

The Claw: While the ride was going the motor made a bang noise and the whole thing shook, the ride went faster and it spun faster as well, was pretty scary.

Cyclone: lift chain overheated.

Buzzsaw: lift chain stopped working.

Wipeout: stuck upside down due to gearbox failure

-My harness lifted up a little after a bang noise whilst riding.

Computer failure caused it to stop really quickly, was pretty scary.

pandamonium: harness failure

I have been stuck on the Wild Mouse ( Aussie World ) Pirates of the Caribbean ( Disneyland ) Haunted Mansion ( Disneyland ) Toy Story Parachute Drop ( Hong Kong Disneyland)...Hall of the Presidents ( Disney World )...it broke down through the show. Hmmmm...I'm seeing a pattern here with Disney Parks <_<

Space Mountain (cali), it was only for about 10 minutes. Plus side we got to ride with lights on and got another ride once we returned to the station.

Pirates of the Caribbean, although this seems to happen almost everyday, the boats must back up or something.

Peter Pan, kind of ruined the experience to see how basic some things are... like the clouds when you fly over the city (just plastic bags).

Tower of Terror (orlando), apparently the elevator slightly shifted off the magnets in the 5th dimension room? Or so we were told. We ended being evacuated.

Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, the 'lift hill' section stopped for about 15 minutes.

I had a rollback on Top Thrill Dragster but that really isn't a break down.

• 2 months later...

Had been on the Lethal Weapon a couple of times when it had broken down on the way up. Luckily for not very long though, only a few mins :P

Also, back when I worked at SW 10 years ago, I used to see the Bermuda Triangle break down on an almost weekly basis. Was notorious for it at the time! Guess it was one of the reasons that led to its permanent closure in 2010... it was just old and worn out in the end, and too costly to keep fixing 'cuz of all the electronics -_-

Green Lantern broke down early today, one car was stuck right near the top of the elevated section. The poor people were stuck there for at least an hour at that uncomfortable angle with the sun beaming down on them. At least the car that was stuck near the exit were provided umbrellas. Left at 3pm and it still wasn't open. On top of the unscheduled closing of Arkham Asylum (until Dec. 22) it was amazing that SE only had 15 min waiting time (got to ride it 4 times in a row).

Was not slated as being scheduled for maintenance last week in advance on MW website (while other rides were). I am not an expert in these matters but surely "scheduled" maintenance would mean they would notify patrons who were attending in 2-3 days time that a major attraction was closing for 2 weeks at such a busy time of year?

So 14 years ago (i was 12 at the time), my dad and i went on the flume ride at Seaworld, only to have our boat dispatched immediately after the boat ahead of us. To add to our horror, a boat was dispatched behind us as well. My dad (not a big rides person) was freaking out and obviously thought there would be some type of collision/crash on the slide down. On the conveyer belt up, dad jumped out of the boat and landed on the stairs adjacent to the hill and then hoisted me out of the boat to "safety". Unbeknownst to us, there was a safety mechanism at the top of the slide going down that would have prevented all boats going down at once, which two ride attendants told my dad as if it were common knowledge. Needless to say, the ride was shut down for a good half an hour and we were blamed for it.

It was actually a pretty scary experience, mainly because my dad was freaking out about it and when he was hoisting me over the boat to the stairs, it was quite dangerous.