Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

mba2012

So it's a case of just picking someone and running with it, and obviously starroes made the cut because they allow for the simplest storyline without needing to know much about the background of the characters...They're aliens that stick to your face and take over, simples......

And Parademons are Aliens that hit people, simples...... Since you clearly know nothing about JL, Uxas and Starro have nearly identical lack of mainstream knowledge (Uxas having more fans who are semi into comics and have seen the Justice League Cartoon, Starro having no fans at all) identical motivation for invasion (Only Uxas has revenge against JL piled on top of it), the only difference is, Parademons are well designed, cool looking villains, that would have appealed to just about anyone. The decision for Starro was made by someone more interested in having a generic target plastered everywhere and oohhh mist effects rather than making something that matched the excitement of the Batman Simulator Rides (Which by no means set the bar high) What really grinds my gears the most is that the Starro arc in New Earth was chock full of self-depreciating humor and comic relief because the comic makers themselves know Starro is not a serious or well designed villain, even after his Executioner-esque redesign, but this ride presents him as if the creators truly believe Starro has some redeeming qualities as a villain.

I got on it around 4pm. RAC the ride exit makes use of an old emergency exit from the old Batcave, since that area got used as the load/unload. There is a new concrete ramp out the doors leading back out into the courtyard. Old exits obviously not in use since the simulator pod area is where the actual ride track is.

GREAT review Gazza! The attention to detail shown in the theming and effects utilised in this ride sound beyond impressive. So pleased to hear that. It seems that the PoV video that we have seen was taken with a number of the animatronics and effects yet to be commissioned or at least before they were fully functioning. I say this because I noticed in the main city scene the character with the 'Stop' sign was motionless in the PoV video, yet in the video with Sally's CEO, this same character was waving around frantically. I also noticed the door to the shop did not pop open, as I guess it is meant to. The fireman (or whatever he is) character out the front of the shop also seemed to be vibrating in the PoV video, which sometimes happens when an animatronic isn't functioning properly. Gazza, you mentioned an explosion effect after the Starro battle scene. This didn't appear to feature in the PoV video either. I did think it all seemed a bit too quiet and non-eventful after the Starro battle and his subsequent defeat, so any extra effect here would be welcome

BemaniAK, as much as i agree with all that you have said; Uxas looks too much like Cyborg, so people (mainly kids) will get the 2 mixed up. Especially in the dark.... And Starro's were probably also chosen from a marketing perspective too; it would most probably be a bit more cost effective and easier to market a giant starfish than a humanoid.... Also how ever they make plush's although a starfish would be harder and a CAD drawing for the machine taking a bit longer to produce, and if the price of purple is like it was 200 years ago, a humanoid would use more colour variations and thus more ink.

I think the Starro enemy is a great choice. Who cares if he's not well-known in the DC universe? He's a psycho guy from outer space who can send an entire army of his alien spores to take over entire cities by attaching to peoples (and animals) faces, and thereby controlling them. It's awesome!

You also just described (mostly) The Avengers plot line let alone Thanos....

I'm just so pumped to see such a great Batman Adventure The Ride replacement. Now I'm going to be greedy and look to the future, I'm hoping they replace the LT River Ride next, open a refreshed kids area in the middle of next year, with the River Ride replacement opening in the Christmas holidays, or this time, depending on when they plan to open SW's water coaster. Then finally moving onto the Wild West area, but thats just me being greedy. At least now this can shut some of those people up on the Facebook page, I had a good laugh when someone posted how much better DW is because they have a better upkeep on their rides and don't leave them SBNO, and don't let things or theming stop working and not replace them.

I think you were standing in front of my girlfriend and I for awhile Gazza. We thought it was really good...until we got half way through and it stopped and all the screens went blank and the guns stopped working.

If you were talking about an upcoming trip to Disneyland, that prob was you? Then I got called to fill a seat as a single rider.

BemaniAK, as much as i agree with all that you have said; Uxas looks too much like Cyborg, so people (mainly kids) will get the 2 mixed up. Especially in the dark.... And Starro's were probably also chosen from a marketing perspective too; it would most probably be a bit more cost effective and easier to market a giant starfish than a humanoid.... Also how ever they make plush's although a starfish would be harder and a CAD drawing for the machine taking a bit longer to produce, and if the price of purple is like it was 200 years ago, a humanoid would use more colour variations and thus more ink.

I disagree, I know they both have cyborg-esque features but nothing else matches. Also I haven't seen any "marketing" for Starro beyond that one picture posted a while back and a video that I'm led to believe is actually on the ride, also posted on here, replace him with Uxas and all you get is a different face doing and saying the same thing. What you're saying about Merch is correct, which is why as I said before the decision was made for business and not for ride experience and no JL fans should have to take that as an excuse.

So we missed it by 90 mins... After sitting there since 10am... Dammit. Oh well got Tues and Weds off so will be down there to do it all again.

By that do you mean the ride was closed for a long time in the morning? EDIT: Whoops, posted instead of editing my other post by accident, is there no post deleter in the editor? Edited by BemaniAK

Not that he was eavesdropping or anything...

Exactly :), its not like you can hear the storyline dialogue at that point in the queue, it's too quiet....All I could hear is the conversations of hundreds around me.

no JL fans should have to take that as an excuse.

Nah, because JL fans are gonna foam at the mouth that a JL ride got built in the first place. They've been waiting decades for this moment. Honestly, you're gonna love it mate :) Also, I looked up a Parademon, 1802027-parademon.gifDCUC+Parademon+4.JPG Looks pretty goofy to me, like something you'd see on a kids backpack. I just don't see it. If you wanted to fill a ride with 100 of them (There are presently 100 targets in the ride), to make animatronics out of them would be well out of the rides 9 mil budget. So instead you'd end up just having 100 static parademons, which would be hardly threatening, and would look gash. On the ride, its hillarious seeing the various citizens in a zombie like state, trying to pull the starro spores off their face, saying "starro! starro!" like a zombie would say "braiins, braaaaains!". So what's this about the ride experience being diminished? Because I didn't find that to be the case, and everyone else who has ridden (have you?) seem to agree.

By that do you mean the ride was closed for a long time in the morning?

No, we were sitting near the ride from 10:00 until around 14:30 before we had to leave so I could go to work... After sitting there that long waiting had we been able to stay another 90 mins we would have been on it... Well I would have, wife waslooking after the little one and going on Green Lantern while we waited.

Looks pretty goofy to me, like something you'd see on a kids backpack. I just don't see it. If you wanted to fill a ride with 100 of them (There are presently 100 targets in the ride), to make animatronics out of them would be well out of the rides 9 mil budget. So instead you'd end up just having 100 static parademons, which would be hardly threatening, and would look gash. On the ride, its hillarious seeing the various citizens in a zombie like state, trying to pull the starro spores off their face, saying "starro! starro!" like a zombie would say "braiins, braaaaains!". So what's this about the ride experience being diminished? Because I didn't find that to be the case, and everyone else who has ridden (have you?) seem to agree.

They look like theyre off a kids backpack specifically because the designs you picked out to post were from the Justice Leage children's show. Since youve never ridden Astro Blasters Ill make it clear, static humanoid sculptures do not look tacky or out of place. There is no "diminished" because we have nothing to compare it to, the point is the ride is not bad but it would be better without starro and any real JL fan you ask would tell you the same thing. Keep blabbering on about what you think JL fans wanted or are excited about but the truth is that the huge majority of JL fans do not particularly care about the ride since it does not contribute to the comic's canon and continuing story, it just so happens that my love for theme parks and my love for JL came together and Im disappointed that it decided to represent an unloved villain for easiness instead of using one of the greats, djrappa can spout off whatever he likes but Im not the only one vested in this conversation, Gazza argues against me through his desire for MW to do as well as possible monetarily and I disagree as a JL fan, my love for the ride experience is not going to be ruined by this fact (its the first shooting dark ride in Australia and theure my favourite type of ride in any theme park ever, by the way) but my dream of having an amazing JL ride was let down, as much as djrappa would hate to admit it, Gazza does care because he's responded to me many times with his own opinion. You'll find very few hardcire JL fans who give a damn about theme parks and thats exactly why Im the only one on this very small very local website who has this view, if you looked up POVs of the ride you'll find a few more, even those who dont seem to be JL fans, who are confused why they chose starfish in this gigantic pit of possible enemies. Im going to be banned for pointing out that djrapper is a circlejerking mod like a lot of teenagers are, so I wont be back to mention that I enjoyed the ride for the ride. And I will do just that, see you all whenever. Edited by BemaniAK