Dreamworld 5 year plan - a challenge

Sorry to hear about your Dreamworld experience. I have only been twice myself so far so can't call myself an expert on Dreamworld by any means, but I am disappointed to hear some of the things going on there and it sounds like overall they need to learn a thing or two from their competitor. On the topic of food, I generally find that the food at all the Gold Coast parks is very poor as well as very overpriced. However I was pleasantly surprised when I visited Dreamworld in January that the food in my opinion was pretty good. We ate at the buffet restaurant not far from Wiggles World (sorry I don't know its name). It wasn't cheap (but neither are any of the other food outlets at any theme parks) but it was all you can eat and offered a pretty good range and quality. I would recommend that particular restaurant. Despite the above it was very quiet in there even though we went about 1pm in the school summer holidays!

Unfortunaltly I agree with people who say get rid of the ride. I think the park is stronger without it. At the very least it needs new train which does away with the current seating. Maybe Jet Rescue style seats with a motor bike theme? Anyway, it needs a new train and a retheme. Thing is even after you do that it'll still be a weak ride, so it's probably not worth the cash. IMHO, they should just get rid of it, put a real blockbuster ride there and retheme the area

Maybe Jet Rescue style seats with a motor bike theme?

Djurs Sommerland in Denmark is doing just about the closest thing at the moment, with their new Juvelen coaster: 625674_10151264499396831_586067471_n.jpg http://sphotos-b.ak....586067471_n.jpg Strangely, the ride will have a theme similar to what Slick proposed. You'll be riding these ATVs through a mayan jungle: 379735_10151229752911831_277422033_n.jpg http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/379735_10151229752911831_277422033_n.jpg 18118_10151250545896831_604845354_n.jpg http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/18118_10151250545896831_604845354_n.jpg Edited by Gazza

Pandamodum is way too thrilling it makes you feel sick.

Did you go in the wrong line? Did you not read the signage at the entrance that warned of the thrills? I'm sorry but that is the only comment you've made that I don't really agree with... by all means - complaints of 'not thrilling enough' are welcome - to call MDMC a big 500 thrill ride is a joke... but to complain that it's TOO thrilling? maybe thats why they have an insane setting, and a chickenshit setting.

It would be great if they were able to create an observation deck on top of the tower. It is a great view up there and it would be nice to enjoy the view without the inevitable drop. A great attraction for the whole family to enjoy. On to the mine ride a new dark ride like the old mine ride would be great! But I do think that the mountain is in so much disrepair that it may need to be demolished and rebuilt. This will cause the TRR to have to close for an extended period of time, but it will give them a chance to retheme the rapid ride - maybe do something abut the "jungle area" , put back the crocodile and elephants that squirt water. The motorcoaster does need a new train but it would be great if they at least relocated it and put the vintage cars back - but it won't happen... Food needs improving and the cinema should be 4D - then they can show 4D Dreamworks films such as Shrek 4D Adventure. From now on I will go on the mild setting of Pandamodum - but no one ever does so the wait is too long...

Edited by Gary86

An observation deck on the top of the tower?? WTF? That is without a doubt the most ridiculous suggestion I've ever read. Even more so that tearing down MDMC to relocate the vintage cars there! - how do u get to the top? - where do u stand? The area at the top would be lucky to fit 4-5 people. - safety? Wow.

An observation deck on the top of the tower?? WTF? That is without a doubt the most ridiculous suggestion I've ever read. Even more so that tearing down MDMC to relocate the vintage cars there! - how do u get to the top? - where do u stand? The area at the top would be lucky to fit 4-5 people. - safety? Wow.

Actually this could be quite possible. There would already be some kind of access way inside the tower the reach the top for maintenance. Also, google tells me that the area on the top of the tower is about 78 meters squared. And with a bit of extra protection around the edge it would be perfectly safe.

Ok, safety reasons would stop any guest from being allowed to attempt to climb steps the entire way to the top. You would have to build an elevator, that could not be done retrospectively. 78m on top? If true that's extremely Deceptive from the ground or on the ride for that matter. Still, given the only method of access (stairs). It is impossible

Ok, safety reasons would stop any guest from being allowed to attempt to climb steps the entire way to the top. You would have to build an elevator, that could not be done retrospectively. 78m on top? If true that's extremely Deceptive from the ground or on the ride for that matter. Still, given the only method of access (stairs). It is impossible

I'd be more game to estimate it's about 7.8m squared ;)

The only way to do it would to put a lift on the 4th side that isn't used, but then you'd be stuck looking the wrong way, and it would be hard to get from the lift to the actual top deck, unless the lift had an internal staircase or something, which means it starts getting heavy.... Plus where does the lift motor room go?

Dreamworld once had a great strategic plan, developed by a man named John Longhurst, who actually cared about the total experience people had visiting the park. People here get two topics totally confused 1) Park layout/functionality and 2) Attractions. All parks get some [most] attractions "right" and some "wrong". However, whether an attraction proves popular (getting it right) or unpopular (getting it wrong) should not impact upon, or be impacted upon, regards park layout/functionality. Let me give you one glaring example at DW. Dreamworld once "looked beautiful" and it "flowed naturally" you walked down "Main Street" to the [steam] train station, behind that were the gardens with the Model T's and further down in "Rivertown" was the Paddle-wheeler, it "flowed", it made sense to the senses as it were. Likewise, you could place the TOT/BD, Cyclone, Motorcaster, Buzzsaw and every other attraction with a bit of thought - have all the attractions just think about their location a bit. Now, you walk down a tacky "Main Street" (can't we call it "Federation Street" or "Australia Parade" - something more unique to us as a nation?) you come to a once nice train station, now in need of some more love and behind that, you have a 2nd rate steel mess and a kids type playground, by a muddy river with nothing on it - WHO IS RUNNING DW??? Have the attractions you now like > but plan where you place them. Every time that blasted TOT roars through the heart of DW it's like a Super Hornet on heat! Whoever placed it there knows NOTHING about Theme Parks - mind you, under Macquarie Bank, DW was run by accountants :(

the TOT/BD

Big Drop? Aren't we allowed to call it giant now that theres one bigger? In relation to where they placed ToT... where else (given it's length) would you have them place it? It's been one of it's trademark attractions since it went in, and love it or hate it, it's still popular today. There is nowhere else you could have put this without infringing on the park's theme in some way... and before you suggest run it down the parks left boundary (toward Big Brother) then that Super Hornet on heat would be scaring the bejesus out of the animals. Not to mention that because there is an attraction load station at EACH end, you'd be putting one of those stations at the far reaches of the park. It may not 'fit' with the original theme, but it's the only place you could put it. It does detract from the view - but rather than call for it's location to be moved - why not hide it like they did with the station house infront of KFP land?