Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Looks like some theming for the coaster has arrived at Sea World

attachicon.gif1006216_474005459359243_1214747930_n.png

Source: The Theme Park Social Network

Are you sure thats not just some wrecked boat being stored there? Looks like it to me :P

If the theme can end up being like that, this will end up being a very good attraction. This could end up as a good recycling program, give your old boats and shipping containers to sea world!

Are you sure thats not just some wrecked boat being stored there? Looks like it to me :P

If the theme can end up being like that, this will end up being a very good attraction. This could end up as a good recycling program, give your old boats and shipping containers to sea world!

Given the fact there are 3 other boats in the area under the Storm Coaster I would say they are using salvaged boats. Also, after the main splash down, the small airtime hill looks like they are going to place a shiping container either side from the concrete they have placed. Dive under one, then race up between two others...

Edited by Wyncenuros

They probably could have finished it by September, but I'm glad they're taking their time with it. Just would've been nice if they'd warned me earlier. Still looking forward to seeing the ride in person in October. I'll just have to make my own way up there next Easter holidays. Perhaps I'll be able to slide something in over summer.

So finally got to the park, 2 and a half years later, the new ride looks great, from across the broadwater, to outside the park, to once you get into the park and look at from across the ski lake. Once you get under it, yes there are poles everywhere, but it truly is impressive, especially when on the flume ride, my only worry is with how big it looks it may out some families off, but I hope not. We've already seen the boats are on site in the, as well as what looks to some theming with the boats, in the car park, and on site. However, from Jet Rescue, to the flume ride it appears as if some of the larger theming is going up inside the building, looks to be before the walls go up and the larger pieces are too difficult to get in. Looked to archways over the flume sections, looked to be the words "Do not enter" or "caution" can't remember now! :P Looks like the outline for the entrance path and into the ride appears to be outlined, but seeing as I'm not an expert can't be sure. I do know one thing for sure, I can't wait for this ride to be open and I can't to get back there to ride it!