New Kids Ride for Movie World

joz

Personally, if what they are planning is a ride described as a 'kids' ride - and not even a 'family' ride is a travisty - not to mention insulting to the magical concept of its predecessor. Also if this is to take up only a section of the building then what for the rest of it? I am really disappointed by this news and now can only hope this will be good for what it is. For a location that has the greatest potential for the Park's flagship family dark ride and then they do this? I would have much preferred it sat there gathering dust another year

Personally, if what they are planning is a ride described as a 'kids' ride - and not even a 'family' ride is a travisty - not to mention insulting to the magical concept of its predecessor. Also if this is to take up only a section of the building then what for the rest of it? I am really disappointed by this news and now can only hope this will be good for what it is. For a location that has the greatest potential for the Park's flagship family dark ride and then they do this? I would have much preferred it sat there gathering dust another year

HEAR HEAR!

• 2 weeks later...

WB kids doesn't own Movie World, neither does cheez tv or Dreamworks own Dreamworld.. It doesn't matter if its a sub-company because all licensing for Movie World goes through Warner Brothers.. It's a matter of getting it approved not having ownership.

Edited by buzzkill13

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello.... And say I'm glad this ride is being built. Who gives a shit where? Need more new rides, and also Council approval for their proposed further expansion(into the parking lot) which I read about the other day. Movie World needs more space. Also I'm glad to be lurking again, so I'm glad this temporary account will probably be banned and possibly this post deleted. I'm also happy my posts were all deleted! YEAH! My trick was to flood the forums with dummy accounts on similar IPs and emails, which I presume ended up getting me (unintentionally... Was only trying to figure out the site's flaws) flagged for spamming which fantastically deleted all my posts. Now mods, do you worst again to this one too! Not one for hiding either, so no need to play that stupid guessing game an earlier poster commented on.

Edited by colliric_855

^ I wish I was as cool of a person as you. Ermagherd. Forum mods must be so scared, you're like the Anonymous... except not anonymous.

Technically I forfilled the loose membership requirements, which is essentially that you claim to be Anonymous and that's it.... I'm actually a supporter specifically of their anti-Scientology protesting, So I am technically a direct member because I have been involved in one of their specific campaigns, Project chanology, also called Operation Clambake. Edited by colliric_855

I haven't really been following this too much apart from just some bits and pieces here and there, apart from the ASX release, has MW even mentioned this anywhere, even if just suggested on facebook or something like that? Or is there anything at the park to suggest work is being done in the area?

Hey guys, I just read in a previous post that Movieworld has approval to expand into the carpark. Is this correct???

No... That's not what I wrote at all. Get my crazy rumors right at least... I only said "I recently read about their plans to try and get approval to expand into the parking lot". Edit: actually I put it this way: "Need more new rides, and also (need) council approval for expansion into the parking lot, which I (happened to) read about the other day(despite it possibly being older news)", clearer for you now with the bracket edits? Frankly it is well documented they've had that in their sights for a while. Last time it came up was in 2010. All that probably came of it was Green Lantern, but the 2010 proposal was for further expansion/development(apparently including a retail area?)than what actually occured there. Was probably just looking at sonewhat older Movie World news. No doubt it's still on the longer term cards though, as we all agree they need it.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that poster.

Meh, was quite happy lurking again... Maybe I should report my own posts and get kicked out again... Edited by colliric_855