Maintenance Schedule

WCE87

This is the progress from Saturday.

The wave looks to have been resealed and has a new undercoat ontop of it. Lets hope this means a decent re-theme. In other news, the abomination of a train they call the "Dreamworld Express" continues to be the worst excuse for a theme park train yet, Tower of Terror queue line now has a the tv running showing the clip from Insane Coaster Wars, the Captain Sturt has left the building, with the Hull now having been removed from the slipway, and I presume sold for scrap metal, and the Candy Shop is once again getting a refurb, and it looks like they found some left over paint from Mick Doohan-ification of River town and decided to slap it onto the Ice Cream shop, and to think we once thought the previous paint schemes on Main Street were bad... Pics attached.

post-128-0-51880500-1396829442_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-86174100-1396829461_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-42554500-1396829542_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-96430400-1396829623_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-90689600-1396829736_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-85141900-1396829988_thumb.jpg

Edited by T-bone

I would also like to see Dreamworld build a new roller coaster. When I messaged them a few months back about new rides coming to WWW and a replacement for the mine ride they said they they have a couple of major plans they will be starting within the next couple of years, they just have to save up first. Thats what they said, so something is happening, but we will be waiting a bit longer for another roller coaster.

Edited by themagician

Just noticed this in my inbox this morning (from SAGE Automation):

Iconic Gold Coast theme park Dreamworld, has engaged SAGE Automation to undertake a DC Drive Replacement on their Wipeout Ride. Located in the ‘Ocean Parade’ themed area of the park, the ride, which cost $6M in 1993 is a flagship ride attraction of the park.

• Like 1

So a 21 year old top spin is a flagship attraction at the park....

flagship (plural flagships)

1. In a maritime fleet, the ship occupied by the fleet's commander (usually an admiral); it denotes this by flying his flag.
  2. The most important one out of a related group. The retail company's store in London is their flagship.
Usage notes[edit]

The word flagship is often used as an attributive noun, as in:

The company’s shop in London is their flagship store.

Although this usage looks like an adjective, it is not, and should not be confused with that part of speech.

Synonyms[edit]

So Wipeout is their primary ride?

Sounds about right.

I know it's semantics, and i'm not disputing that Wipeout is one of the best attractions in the park - hence why we're seeing them go through extensive refurbishment after 21 years in operation to keep the old girl going. I'd pretty much put them in the same order as Rappa has above.

My point is 'flagship' to describe it is inappropriate as the term is singular-

• chief
  • primary
  • principal
  • most important one

...and this from macquarie dictionary:

the leading or most impressive element or product in an enterprise or organisation

In my opinion, ToT would be dreamworld's "flagship' attraction - it spans across almost the entire width of the park, you can see AND hear it from almost anywhere nearby, and has been used in many promotional items as their feature, main or signature attraction - for example - how the big brother credits rolled with the ToT car going up the tower.

I'd call Wipeout a 'featured' attraction, a top 5 (or top 8 or big 8). It certainly is one of their best attractions, but not THE best.

You cannot use the word 'Flagship' if you put 'one of their' in front - there cannot be more than one.

If anyone is at Dreamworld throughout the week can they post some photos of Wipeouts rebuild/refurb progress? Thank you :)

Can't you go and tell us what's happening? I hope you are not going to keep asking us to go the park and take pictures of the ride because it will get annoying, By the way the wave has been painted aqua for now and is no longer white, Also the building in the Main Street (don't know what it was called) has reopened after it was down for refurbishment.. Edited by The_Ninja_59

I would also like to see Dreamworld build a new roller coaster. When I messaged them a few months back about new rides coming to WWW and a replacement for the mine ride they said they they have a couple of major plans they will be starting within the next couple of years, they just have to save up first. Thats what they said, so something is happening, but we will be waiting a bit longer for another roller coaster.

I was reading this and then went on the new in amusement parks 2014 and i got exited until i realized i was on wiki...

Velocity Dreamworld Launched Roller Coaster Mack

i wish

I like this quote from the Wiki

Like all theme parks, attractions are sometimes closed due to age and replaced with more contemporary attractions. Dreamworld has seen this action used a great deal of times, with many attraction closures, replacements and expansions. However, all of Dreamworld's opening day attractions are still operating to this day.

Edited by liz.wis