MW Mini Driving School - Officially Confirmed

Brad2912

Here's hoping the cars are more reliable than Speedy's Taxis...

Yes well wouldn't that be a good start? - speaking for Spotty, myself and anybody else out there who have suffered a shift on taz cars or god forbid, dreaded Roadrunner (as was in my day).. "just push down on the button on the floor" the CM would direct with hand to the clueless infant who would then reach their own hands down to the peddle, whilst proudly smiling up at their waving camera crazed parents, possibly of whom by now are standing inside the garden precinct of the ride.

Hooray!! The child has FINALLY worked out how to activate the peddle, unfortunately still very much distracted by Dad waving madly in front, the kid continues to ram the curbside again. And again. And again. And again.

With that, the CM suffers a minor stroke, seemingly without anyone else noticing..or caring to notice, perhaps more accurately

Meanwhile, the 4 or so other working (at varying speeds depending on battery life at the time) have no doubt banked up behind you or if you're REALLY UNLUCKY, you now have yourself up to half a dozen clueless infant/parent combinations - guaranteed to send even the most patient of MW ride op's scurrying for the next available counseling session.

So from an Ops perspective, the new triple treat of shit shifts would have to be:

9 - 945 turnstiles

10 - 1230 "Speedy's gone shitbangbonkas cars"

1 - 230 "Tazzie takes you around the twisted ankle nightmare dodge ball dodgems"

245 - 5 "have I now just lost my shit completely Driving me Mad school"

5-530 washed down with 30 minutes of washing/stacking/drying 3d glasses

6-7 arrive home, slash wrists - highlight of the day

Oh and one other thing, if we are going to resort to discussing mindless topics such as this - the most pathetically executed ride since DW did the Australian wildlife cruise, can we at least make it interesting? Funny? Sarcastic? Speculation on whether miniature versions of Green Lantern etc will be featured in the ride, or future rides added please ppl.. stop!! It's all just a bit shit, really

I'm not an easy sale when it comes to photography, but your site does have some pretty nice shots.

Thank you.

Oh and one other thing, if we are going to resort to discussing mindless topics such as this - the most pathetically executed ride since DW did the Australian wildlife cruise, can we at least make it interesting? Funny? Sarcastic? Speculation on whether miniature versions of Green Lantern etc will be featured in the ride, or future rides added please ppl.. stop!! It's all just a bit shit, really

Are they not just thrown in some kind of dishwaser type thing?

Just on that, if they do make a mini version of the rides, do you think they'll have mini ride ops? Maybe you could get a photo of your face stuck to the one operating Taz's cars?

By the looks of things, all the major attractions are on the walls. They're banners, rather than painted murals. RoadRunner Rollercoaster is behind the daily planet. I can confirm the Wild West Falls are off to the right of the photos, and as shown just above green lantern is off to the left. I'm betting the two walls we cannot see include Superman, Arkham and any number of other highlights of the park. Geography doesn't appear to be their strong suit, but it's a kids ride, and I don't think the kids will notice.

Yes well wouldn't that be a good start? - speaking for Spotty, myself and anybody else out there who have suffered a shift on taz cars or god forbid, dreaded Roadrunner (as was in my day).. "just push down on the button on the floor" the CM would direct with hand to the clueless infant who would then reach their own hands down to the peddle, whilst proudly smiling up at their waving camera crazed parents, possibly of whom by now are standing inside the garden precinct of the ride.

Hooray!! The child has FINALLY worked out how to activate the peddle, unfortunately still very much distracted by Dad waving madly in front, the kid continues to ram the curbside again. And again. And again. And again.

With that, the CM suffers a minor stroke, seemingly without anyone else noticing..or caring to notice, perhaps more accurately

Meanwhile, the 4 or so other working (at varying speeds depending on battery life at the time) have no doubt banked up behind you or if you're REALLY UNLUCKY, you now have yourself up to half a dozen clueless infant/parent combinations - guaranteed to send even the most patient of MW ride op's scurrying for the next available counseling session.

So from an Ops perspective, the new triple treat of shit shifts would have to be:

9 - 945 turnstiles

10 - 1230 "Speedy's gone shitbangbonkas cars"

1 - 230 "Tazzie takes you around the twisted ankle nightmare dodge ball dodgems"

245 - 5 "have I now just lost my shit completely Driving me Mad school"

6-7 arrive home, slash wrists - highlight of the day

Oh my god... exactly this. Speedy's taxi's and Taz Cars were quite possibly my least favourite rides to operate. I even broke my Ankle operating Taz Cars...

RoadRunner was a fun ride to operate, I remember with a supervisor getting more people per hour than the manual stated was possible... (2 trains, no stacking) and then after we broke the record the ride faulted on the lift...

I think the worst shift was:

9:15am - 12:45pm SAM TRAIN

Break

1:30pm - 2:45pm SPEEDYS

Break

3:00pm - Close: TAZ CARS

I always wanted to cry when I had that shift... those damn ropes on sam train and the blisters...but fun when it derails in the middle of summer...

I think what would be good and something kids would love, is if they had a tv at the end of main street, like they really do. Kids could see them self on the screen as they drove down main street. It seems that most kids like it when they see them self on tv. Just a thought.

Well, people go crazy for the alien scanner camera in Justice Leauge!

I think what would be good and something kids would love, is if they had a tv at the end of main street, like they really do. Kids could see them self on the screen as they drove down main street. It seems that most kids like it when they see them self on tv. Just a thought.

Except - this is supposedly a driving school, teaching the kids road rules. Showing them up on the big screen sounds like a perfect way for the Daily Planet to get a new 'drive-thru' installation.

Except - this is supposedly a driving school, teaching the kids road rules. Showing them up on the big screen sounds like a perfect way for the Daily Planet to get a new 'drive-thru' installation.

That is true, but I am sure the road will be split in half (otherwise the kids will always be crashing into each other). When they are driving towards the screen, the road could become very narrow, just so the cars can get through, ensuring the kids keep driving straight and not crashing. I don't think they will install a screen at all anyway, and if they do it won't be so they can see themselves.

Looking at the 'tracks' they've laid out, one way is a distinct possibility.

I would say that there will definitely be a one way system. As previous/current staff members have said on these forums, when they have to operate the Speedy's Cars and Taz Dodgems, some kids struggle to operate them at first and just drive around crashing into everyone and everything. If they want to teach kids about road safety, MW aren't going to let them do what they want, otherwise they will be on the wrong side of the road and crashing into each other.

When I heard about this attraction I feared it would be bad but having now seen glimpses I have hugely underestimated just how woeful it is.

Such a waste.

Sadly, I did too.

iwerks

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

Totally agree. I think they will dress this up to the nth degree. The operators will have snappy uniforms. The set design will be great and hopefully the cars reliable, but this will appeal to 10% of the people who go to Movie World. And how often will they ride it? The LTRR you could go on at least twice a visit. I suspect most adults will be reduced to seeing this from a viewing area and that's it. That will take up about 30 seconds of your day - what next? I hope you're right Mickey D and this is a part of some long term strategy because this doesn't bode well.

They're not doing that good a job, even at this stage. They could at least have K'nex roller coasters instead of having them painted on the walls.

I can conform that "Mini Kids Driving School" only takes up half the building. They should put a Looney Tune Show on the other side and a Western Show in the show-stage for old times sake.

I think that the back wall looks good. I would say that the corner cut out will be the entrance and exit to the ride. And I agree on what you say about the shows. But I am not overly hopeful about it at the moment and would say the other half will just be used for storage.

Edited by themagician

I can conform that "Mini Kids Driving School" only takes up half the building. They should put a Looney Tune Show on the other side and a Western Show in the show-stage for old times sake.

attachicon.gifmovieworld 20614 017.JPGattachicon.gifmovieworld 20614 018.JPG

Only half the building? Still SUCH a waste of a great dark ride building. What a waste of all that space and especially the extra high ceiling (perfect for a major dark ride). Why couldn't they build this stupid ride outside???