2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

I rode Space World's Titan back in June, another old Arrow which had just had new trains added. Those trains had S&S-style seats and onboard audio, makes me wonder if Dreamworld will be getting something similar. They were also lapbar-only which I suspect would significantly improve the ride on Cyclone.

I rode Space World's Titan back in June, another old Arrow which had just had new trains added. Those trains had S&S-style seats and onboard audio, makes me wonder if Dreamworld will be getting something similar. They were also lapbar-only which I suspect would significantly improve the ride on Cyclone.

I think this is the one you are talking about.  I found this photo on TPR website.

TPR.thumb.jpg.132bea6b9c51c566ab47b6e652

The trains feature onboard audio with a choice of 5 songs.

Edited by skeetafly

I hope the get the music pumping through the headrest right.  Most of the rides I have ridden with this feature have never got it right.  You almost need separate volume control on each seat so the customer can adjust it to their liking and a good quality set of speakers would help too.

To have it working consistently would be a major achievement on the Gold Coast.

I just liked the OTS style to match the racing harness. 

Cyclone can have 2 cars if they chose to add block brakes to the available space before the u-turn to the station. Pretty sure the mounts are there for them but it's never been installed. 

Think the reason why they haven't installed the set of brakes there is due to evacuation access, would require also installing the walkway and having stairs constructed for access.

New Food Selection

ICE CREAM PARLOUR

Just wait till you see the newly renovated Ice Cream Parlour when it re-opens these September school holidays. A mix of retro vibes, this will be the place to get delicious Street’s scooped ice cream and other creamy delights like mega-milkshakes. 

KERB-SIDE MEXICAN TRUCK

Introducing Kerby, the Kerb-Side mobile truck which will be serving an array of Mexican street eats. Keep an eye out for it as it moves location daily across WhiteWater World and Dreamworld.

Amenities: Food Cart

CHURROS

Everyone’s favourite Churros stand will be getting a bright and classy make-over. Join the locals and experience the warm-cinnamon goodness first thing in the morning or grab one just before leaving for the day. A Dreamworld classic treat.

Dreamworld-Food-Outlet-Kerby.jpg

Dreamworld-Food-Outlet-IceCream.jpg

Dreamworld-Food-Outlet-Churros.jpg

Loving the ice cream parlour - very Disneyland! The churro stand also looks great, and I like how it looks permanent.

Message for Dreamworld management reading these forums: Main Street is starting to look really nice again, so perhaps think about replacing some of those ugly window coverings ("curtains") with something a bit more classy, like Movie World/Disneyland have.

i personally don't think there is anything wrong with it.

The building behind the churro kiosk wraps around onto Main Street, so they couldn't just paint the portion behind the churro kiosk without the building looking half painted. If they painted the whole building, they'd then need to then paint the whole way along Main Street or it would look terrible. Maybe they have plans to rejuvenate/renovate the Main Street facade in the near future.