2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

Just in case you don’t know what I think of this. “It’s a dog breakfast.   Gazza being a fellow Architect, Do you like this?  If you were a professor and a student handed this in, what grade would you give it?  Do you think someone within Dreamworld designed this?  Example would be the cleaner or the person who picks up the kangaroo poo.

Edited by skeetafly

Those Buildings Are Not Facades the are offices and other behind the scenes areas .

huh? buildings have facades, my house has a facade. Do you know what a facade is?

Just in case you don’t know what I think of this. “It’s a dog breakfast.   Gazza being a fellow Architect, Do you like this?  If you were a professor and a student handed this in, what grade would you give it?  Do you think someone within Dreamworld designed this?  Example would be the cleaner or the person who picks up the kangaroo poo.

I'm not too sure the majority of park guests are interested in the detail of the architecture when compared to the Availability of good food and service. The vast majority will think, "the new churro shop looks awesome" as opposed to "that wall behind the churro shop now looks dodgy". The churro shop provides a good/service, the wall doesn't. I can see your point, but think DW is better off focusing on this the effect the majority of guests experiences 

Elaborate?

No.  I would never put my name on something like this.  Just like you would not come to me to fix your car.

huh? buildings have facades, my house has a facade. Do you know what a facade is?

I'm not too sure the majority of park guests are interested in the detail of the architecture when compared to the Availability of good food and service. The vast majority will think, "the new churro shop looks awesome" as opposed to "that wall behind the churro shop now looks dodgy". The churro shop provides a good/service, the wall doesn't. I can see your point, but think DW is better off focusing on this the effect the majority of guests experiences 

Then if no one cares on how things look then why does DW spend money on putting in theming for a new ride or put a new beach in when they overhauled the Wipeout?   Why do people complain about mushrooms scatted around the park?

Just to be clear I'm not trying to make you not like it and we all have different taste which is a good thing.  What I was more getting at is I hope they didn't pay someone to design a box that the cleaner could of done.   I'm not having a go at cleaners either before someone suggest it I'm just had it as an example.   

Edited by skeetafly

I would actually be keen to see the opinions on the aesthetic style in the parks from someone who works in the field. Personally, I don't like the new stand because it blends into the building behind it a bit too much. The general aesthetic style, however, is a great improvement over the RCT reminiscent kiosk. 

I'm of the opinion that the churro stand looks great for Dreamworld Standards. There was a time where the people in charge did just whatever without any thought as to how it blends in, which is why we have a situation where Main Street is full of Brightly coloured buildings instead of more aesthetically pleasing tones. The same thing happened to the paddle wheeler. 

I am impressed that Dreamworld in recent times have been making sure any works they do fits in with the surrounds. For example, the new ticket gates behind the tickets windows on Main Street, there was a time where I'd expect them to just be a carport (case in point, look at Vintage Cars). Current management did the roof over the ticket gates to match the most iconic part of Dreamworld which it sits next to, the entry building.

I for one applaud the park for replacing that hideous RCT style churro stand with something that fits in and matches the building around it. I can't wait to see the outcome of the Ice Cream Shop works.

No.  I would never put my name on something like this.  Just like you would not come to me to fix your car.

Then if no one cares on how things look then why does DW spend money on putting in theming for a new ride or put a new beach in when they overhauled the Wipeout?   Why do people complain about mushrooms scatted around the park?

Just to be clear I'm not trying to make you not like it and we all have different taste which is a good thing.  What I was more getting at is I hope they didn't pay someone to design a box that the cleaner could of done.   I'm not having a go at cleaners either before someone suggest it I'm just had it as an example.   

I didn't say no one cares about theming. Theming adds to a rides atmosphere and experience. A blank wall, behind a store on main street serves no purpose in adding to the atmosphere on the park. Whether that wall is red, pink, green, matching or clashing with the surrounding area will be of little consequence. Sure you could maybe paint a mural on it or throw some led's to make it a focal point, but right now the focal point of that area is the new churro stand, as it should be.

im not trying to change your opinion, but merely pointing out, as T-bone has, that not much more than 12 months ago the park was aging, and offerings lacking and its detail and presentation was generally poor. We now today have vibrant new offerings, that look attractive and have increased the aesthetics of the park 10 fold. Is it perfect? No. But it doesn't need to be.

Does anyone know what they are doing with the pond?

New stage area (I would guess for Wiggles performances, and maybe they will start doing a new show or two?) and new 3D Dreamworld sign/logo, as per the previous photos :) I did spot a big fountain spout behind it today as well, so they might be working on getting the water effects going again :)

Some type of work is finally continuing possibly on the eureka mine potential re-opening.

At the moment they look like they are focused on maybe just restoring that covered sitting area, they have all the wooden boards pulled up and there were a couple of carpenters in there working on it. Was kinda hard to investigate without them thinking I was being a stickybeak, hahaha :P But yeah, was thinking the same thing with the dividers going all the way up to the front of the Eureka. Seemed a little overkill, unless they are fixing all the fence as well. Who knows?

At the very least they seem to be working on the Gold Rush cosmetics and fixing all the worn out/rotten wooden stuff, so the ride itself could very well be on the cards sometime soon since the section is getting some TLC :)

The Icecream parlour renos are coming along well too, the building has a nice new front wall. Has "Coney Island Ice Cream" signage (not sure if they are old or new, though? Unless they were under the ones they just removed) couldn't get a photo of it though due to all the workers in there at the time. Don't think any of them would appreciate becoming my unwilling photo subjects, hahaha XD