Movie World speculation and dreaming - 2015 edition

Brad2912

Por Que No Los Dos?

Have two attractions, like a Mad Max World or one as a pre-show for the other?

I'd like to see them do something with the Old Maverick stage area. I think Universal did a pretty good show with Conan The Barbarian that involved lasers, lights and big muscular men. Perhaps they could do the Mad Max travelling scenes with rear projection?

Considering Movie World's lack of space and budget, realistically they would only build one. In that case, I'd prefer an attraction over a show.

Lack of space? Sheesh, they have big sections of the park which have been going completely unused for years.

I'm assuming the maverick/western stage arena is probably still sitting behind those big doors collecting dust. Not to mention the large ghost town (quite literally) in front of it. They also still have 3/4 of potential space within the old LTRR warehouse, the driving school only takes up one corner of it.

There's definitely room for at least one new ride and one new attraction/show without the need to expand the park.

Yeah Brad's closer to the money with about half. I'd suggest there'd be a little maintenance bay behind the wall too. I've seen behind the wall so to speak, and it is used as storage for all things seasonal - christmas tree and decorations, floats etc.

Sure they could do something with it attraction wise, but they need somewhere to store that kind of stuff out of the weather... they'd need to build another storage warehouse on site before they could do that... and let's remember that is within WB Kids - so whatever they put in there has to fit the theme...

Ok, so I am now curious... who owns the land between W&W and Paradise Country? It's a pretty decent patch...

post-1477-0-79371900-1431994903_thumb.jp

Also can see that they do still have the maverick/western theatre sitting there collecting dust. If they levelled that, there would be a decent sized bit of room between the AA and WWF for a new ride or attraction (or two).

post-1477-0-69597200-1431995041_thumb.jp

Alternatively it would be nice if they did something new with it ie. a new western show.

Either way, it looks to me like there is still plenty of room around for MW to grow, even if they have to knock a couple of unused things down. They are definitely in a better position than Seaworld expansion wise lol :)

Edited by OceanGirl

VRTP do own the land surrounding PC behind the studios and WnW - it is used (among other things) for grazing areas for the AOS animals at present.

There was a suggested proposal a while back to do something with the land, but i think at the moment they're focussing on other priorities.

I also don't think it's feasible for them to expand in that direction, as WWF stands directly in the way.

I agree Maverick and the western town area is underutilised. Whilst I haven't heard anything, it stands to reason that (unless GL is pulled) this is the next logical expansion for the park. What they do with it I have no idea - but it's the next piece of land within the park boundary that is currently unused and stands to reason it would be the next construction... not to mention the construction would have minimal impact on guests as it is totally separate to the rest of the in-park area.

I think small flat rides like Batwing are exactly what Movie World needs more of.

The old western area is long overdue for a redevelopment. It's entirely abandoned almost all the time, pales in comparison to the "new" western area that came with Wild West Falls and serves no real purpose. The next logical move for Movie World would be to gut this whole area and give it a new theme (Mad Max could be a really effective, seamless transition from the western area), put on a decent stunt show or major indoor ride in the arena and a well-themed flat ride outside it. The graveyard can be relocated to the hill beside Wild West Falls, which easily removes the only thing of interest in this area.

Ok, so I am now curious... who owns the land between W&W and Paradise Country? It's a pretty decent patch...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Also can see that they do still have the maverick/western theatre sitting there collecting dust. If they levelled that, there would be a decent sized bit of room between the AA and WWF for a new ride or attraction (or two).

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Alternatively it would be nice if they did something new with it ie. a new western show.

Either way, it looks to me like there is still plenty of room around for MW to grow, even if they have to knock a couple of unused things down. They are definitely in a better position than Seaworld expansion wise lol :)

I was in that theatre in 2011 and it is still in very good condition internally. It's a fully functioning theatre, but I could only assume it is largely disused except for corporate events (which is what I was there for). Would be great to see it either opened to guests for shows each day, or converted into a dark ride or walk through.

I also don't think it's feasible for them to expand in that direction, as WWF stands directly in the way.

Hmm, they could always pave a big walkway in the section between WWF and AA to that area if they ever intended to expand there. Although that would obviously call for the complete removal/relocation of the Maverick theatre. But that would be the most logical option I can see.

Alas, I completely agree that the park really needs to learn to utilise what free space it already has first before it ever considers expanding, though.

I like the idea of relocating Boot Hill to the Wild West hill lol. Although I would want to hope they make the effort to breathe some "life" back into that mini-attraction though if they were to move it. I remember some of the graves used to snore, tombstones used to move etc. and it's a shame none of this happens anymore, as it was a neat little touch :)

Oh, kinda off-topic, but has anyone else discovered the macadamia nut tree growing in the garden in the Wild West/Boot Hill area? My kids were having fun finding nuts in the garden/footpath and cracking them open to eat when we last visited there ???

This is a dream for a re-theme for the Wild west area

WB = HBO = Game of Thrones.

so re-theme the area to be a medieval village, and then use the maverick stage (re-themed) to be a trial by sword, dragon battle.

Don't like the chances, but it could be great if done right.

it would be a spectacle, it would be something not DC superhero, and opes it up to rides as well as shows.

Edited by troll under the coaster

I'm a massive fan of Game of Thrones but I don't think it'd suit taking over Western town. Although it would make a good Halloween maze, there's plenty of scary places in the show and there's some 'magic' in the show that would justify you visiting different places 1000s of miles apart in short succession. I think between the Sons of the Harpy, Stone Men, White Walkers, Boltons, Hill Tribes and Wildlings there are enough bad characters to jump out at you.