Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

1 hour ago, Original said:

I stood in line at SE and listened to the group in front talk about how much better LW was before it became AA and your legs didn't dangle and it had that double loop. ?

You don't remember that? It certainly sticks around in my mind. Definitely was so much more fun back then, and the restraints were really comfortable too!

At the park today. School holidays finally over which means I'll return to regular visits. Also means the bus loads of tourists increases, as noted by 15 min wait in line for food at Billabong.

river as clean as a river gets

back to the diesel train

was told on entry the park is back to 'off peak' mode so vintage cars only open 12-3.

Not as yet, my weekday visits usually consist of 'daddy day outs' with my 3 year old, so bumper cars is about as thrilling as it gets.

i did walk through the Brock museum which seems an extremely well presented addition to the park.i have no real interest in motor sport aside from watching the crash reel after Bathurst and The GC race as its my local, so i didn't stop and read all the info etc, but I can see how to an enthusiast it would be an awesome addition 

On 26/1/2016 at 06:30, Original said:

I'm guessing that's what they were talking about. I did enjoy how they fondly remembered it as a better ride than AA. I wonder what they thought Thunderbolt was...

To some people anything old was always better than anything new, but ONLY once it's been removed / demolished. While it's still in operation they barely notice it. That's just the way their minds work!

Edited by pushbutton

6 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

I think they know that they desperately need a roller coaster more than a Spin and Spew, 

But Ninja, we all know they added a new rollercoaster on Boxing Day! Why would you add another one the next year? It's such a unique and amazing new addition and a completely different experience to other rides at the park! (Although it does remind me a bit of that Cyclone rollercoaster, I wonder what happened to it?)

speaking about Dreamworld today, saw three Chinese tourists walking on the train tracks, when I was heading towards TOT2, I'm surprised no-one saw besides me. 

finally to conclude this post, have you guys spotted this in the Kung Fu Panda area?image.thumb.jpeg.f7455ed2d09c20d328034c9

Edited by The_Ninja_59

@Brad2912 it's right next to the Kung Fu Academy playground, did you check there? also cheers about the information about the competition 

onto a note about the TOT2 it only goes 140km now according to the ride operator who I was speaking to yesterday, is there a reason why the ride doesn't go 161km like what it is ment to do?

29 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

I was referring to the Dreamworld Railway, sorry for the confusion Santa

Yeah I worked that out, it was just at a first glance that I saw that :P

The thing with a new ride going in the stingray area is that there is not much room there for a major attraction. Possibly it could just be a small family ride being planned for that space?

4 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

onto a note about the TOT2 it only goes 140km now according to the ride operator who I was speaking to yesterday, is there a reason why the ride doesn't go 161km like what it is ment to do?

They use the "upto" to get away with speeds slower than what is advertised as the maximum. Reason for not going full speed is they simply didn't spend the money when turning it to ToT II to update the systems (SFMM did and is why theirs runs higher). The ride also develops a really bad shudder when returning to the station after multiple full speed launches.

On 31/1/2016 at 17:33, pushbutton said:

To some people anything old was always better than anything new, but ONLY once it's been removed / demolished. While it's still in operation they barely notice it. That's just the way their minds work!

most of the past attractions removed from our gold coast parks were much  better then whats replaced them sadly

Edited by JeffreyMoore

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016