Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

well this topic was about general updates about Dreamworld, however one of the admins changed it to Tiger Island Refurbishment,

I have no clue why you haven't been bothered to address all the other posts about Pokemon Go walk events and the Billabong refurb not being TI related until now

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

On 10 August 2016 at 1:29 PM, reanimated35 said:

Yeah, a couple of trees and she'll be right

trees.jpg

This is going to be great. I'm really happy about this update finally happening, I think whatever Dreamworld can do to support the Tiger Island team and their efforts to educate more people about wildlife conservation is a big win and giving them a bigger and better space to do just that makes me very happy.

Update for Sunday 21st. (and I know, that's ages ago now but I haven't had a chance to upload these photos)

Just a note; all photos have been resized to 640x480. I can upload higher resolution photos if requested.

Tiger Island Update:

Mesh is up ready for the rockwork at the area entrance; otherwise nothing notable (that I noticed at least).

DSCN4279 (640x480).jpg

According to the map posted in Tiger Cub Kindy the area directly in view of the below photo will be the new Tiger Cub Kindy and Sumatran Viewing Enclosure; however, nothing has been done for either of these two enclosures yet, and there's less than a month before the September school holidays.

DSCN4272 (640x480).jpg

We also have our first view of the façade of the new F&B outlet, which according to the Ardent FY Report, will feature chinese oriented cuisine.

DSCN4276 (640x480).jpg

Also, I hope they do something to blend these buildings in with the surroundings, such as a Kung-Fu Panda related façade on this building;

DSCN4277 (640x480).jpg

General Update:

Tower of Terror car is in the Graveyard, and Reef Diver has disappeared - doubt it's gone into storage now, after sitting there for two years. Pieces of SpongeBob FlyPants theming has appeared along with other items that look familiar but I just can't seem to work out what they were from. (and there's the Dora Explorer Sea Planes top piece)

DSCN4185 (640x480).jpg

Below is the aforementioned FlyPants theming, and the other items I don't recognise.
DSCN4186 (640x480).jpg

Below is the shrimp/prawn that used to be located on the GameSite building at the entrance to Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness; but there are no plans for this arcade to disappear, so don't get too excited.

DSCN4187 (640x480).jpg

As I mentioned in the Ardent FY Thread, Motocoaster's second train has been gone for about three weeks (at least). ...and the Motocoaster Test Seat was removed a few weeks ago as well. (After someone mentioned that was the only thing the ride was doing correctly) It's a stretch but could this have anything to with VR?

DSCN4204 (640x480).jpg

Motocoaster theming is still just as faded and ugly as ever. I hope this all gets updated and replaced soon.

DSCN4206 (640x480).jpgDSCN4207 (640x480).jpgDSCN4208 (640x480).jpg

Giant Drop entry is getting some love; while Giant Drop West (?) was no where to be seen.

DSCN4210 (640x480).jpgDSCN4288 (640x480).jpgDSCN4397 (640x480).jpg

While in other news the Tree Kangaroo enclosure re-build in the Aviary is almost complete.

DSCN4243 (640x480).jpgDSCN4244 (640x480).jpg

Tower of Terror broke down; and Motocoaster was 'testing' at the same time which allowed me to get the photos below.

DSCN4290 (640x480).jpgDSCN4291 (640x480).jpg

and does anyone know what this building was used for, and if it has any use now? (It's the building located behind Tiger Cub Kindy, next to Tail Spin and GameSite)

DSCN4194 (640x480).jpg

Edited by ThemeTendo